Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii Threads: The Book

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    I'll add cynsaligia's restaurant and menu reviews!
    wow! i have a fan!

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    But honestly - while I enjoy participating in cyberspace discussions, I'm not so sure I want them immortalized in book form. I'm curious to hear Ryan's take - might there be issues with getting the rights to use our postings? Sure, the material is probably considered "property of" the website - but it could be argued that such a "contract" with a contributor to the site was never meant to include any other medium.
    and here lies an illustration as to why eric and i don't post using our real names, ever. while the HT regulars are savvy & respectful about the line between our very personal postings, not everyone would be able to separate the opinions of buzz1941 versus the star bulletin's. an HT book would include an audience clueless about the world of internet discussion threads.

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
    Jim75's beautiful dolphin photo can actually represent a number of things. From being in Hawaii, to being a family, to being playful, to being intelligent. Most of which covers the various personalities that makes up what makes HT such a great place.
    don't forget that dolphins have an aggressive side, too.
    ...Dr. Richard Connor, studying dolphins in Shark Bay in Western Australia, (says), “Dolphins are complex, intelligent, social animals and that carries with it a range of behaviors from the nice to the not-so-nice. Just like in our own species.”
    HT definitely has its non-playful, non-smiley, moments of aggression, so yeah--dolphins on the cover of a hypothetical book about HT is perfect.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Re: Hawaii Threads: The Book

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
      http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=14796 Homesickness brings out the poet in me, I guess.
      Thanks! You gave the link to the start of the thread, but the actual post itself was #12 in that thread, which is at this link. Sweeeeet!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
      X