What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What are you currently reading?

While I was recuperating, my FIL gave me a sack of books. I've read Cold Sassy Tree and Rule of Four. Cold Sassy Tree was interesting- sat down and read it straight through in a day. Not a fan of dialect, but oh well. Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason. Hmm. Sort of a highbrow Dan Brownesque type. Good, but sort of muddling.

Next is the Coffee Trader. Obviously he's big into historical fiction.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

I haven't read a book this year. In fact, I haven't read anything since the last Harry Potter epic.

Amazing for someone who used to be constantly reading.

Comment

I’m currently reading The Informers by Juan Gabriel Vásquez, translated from the Spanish by Anne McLean. He is a Colombian novelist, and this is his first novel translated into English. So far, I’m enjoying it. Vásquez has a somewhat intricate style; events and intentions are revealed very slowly, layer by layer. This is a novel that requires patience.

Comment

I haven't read a book in almost a year, I think. I went thru my stash and grabbed the skinniest one... it's a Dean Koontz book. I forget the name, but it's an oldie, almost 30 years old. I'm just 50 pages in.

Comment

I just started reading Dead Sleep by Greg Iles.

Comment

I am reading a bunch of Trixie Belden books I picked up at Half-Price books. DO NOT understand how someone could part with such treasures, but their loss is my gain! These were my favorite when I was a kid. Anyone else read them?

And I got 11 of them for $20! Gleeps!

Comment

Bob Spitz's 900+ page bio of The Beatles. Thought it the appropriate read to coincide with the box-set remastered albums and the video game released today.

Comment

I am currently reading The Skating Rink by Roberto Bolaño, translated from the Spanish by Chris Andrews. This is his ninth book to be translated into English since his death in 2003. A good read, as always.

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                    I am reading a bunch of Trixie Belden books I picked up at Half-Price books. DO NOT understand how someone could part with such treasures, but their loss is my gain! These were my favorite when I was a kid. Anyone else read them?

And I got 11 of them for $20! Gleeps!
                    Gulp. They weren't meant for people of my gender, but somehow I got about half-a-dozen back when I was about ten. Since I did then and do now read anything that has covers with words between them, I read them. Don't remember much but the Bob-White club and the stereotypes: shy but intelligent girl, tomboy, mostly tagalong boys.
                    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

The Cold Moon by Jeffery Deaver

I love his stuff but don't ask me what this is about ! I've only just started it.

Comment

I have The Cold Moon in my stack of books to read. I've got about a hundred books in my stack.

Just started Sandra Brown's Smoke Screen.

Comment

Lets make a deal ? You don't tell me about 'Smoke Screen.' and I won't mention a word about 'Cold Moon.'

Comment

My FIL gave me The Coffee Trader a month ago. He keeps asking me if I've read it, but honestly, I had a whole bag of Trixie Beldens, and 4 books from the library to get through. So no, I haven't. But we're going down there this weekend, so something tells me I need to tear through that pretty quickly cuz I know he's going to start quizzing me about it!

Comment

I think I might start Ashes to Ashes by Tami Hoag. I've never read her.

Whisper: Smoke Screen by Sandra Brown was a bore.

Comment

I just finished that one! I like Hoag's books because she combines really good crime stories with a little hot romance on the side

I just finished "The Summons" by John Grisham. It was good but not as good as his earlier books.
                                Last edited by anapuni808; October 4, 2009, 11:31 AM.
                                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X