Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIP Capt.America

Originally posted by Random View Post
    The original Captain Marvel (or Mar-Vell) died, succumbing to cancer.
    Or did he?

Did you read the last post at all?
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
      Or did he?

Did you read the last post at all?
      Hey, I've been away from comic books for so long already. When I stopped, Captain Marvel was supposed to stay dead.

No wonder I have no respect for American-based comic book industry. Resurrecting dead superheroes is like asking your son to pick out a Gungan's name.

They can resurrect Captain America, but Steve Rogers gotta stay dead.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
        No wonder I have no respect for American-based comic book industry. Resurrecting dead superheroes is like asking your son to pick out a Gungan's name.
        Sorry to make a tangent, but I must say that I strongly believe George Lucas' claim that his son made up the word Gungan is quite dubious. He knew people didn't like them so much (i.e. everyone hating Jar Jar), so to blame it on Jett Lucas is clever in a Palpatineque kind of way. Star Wars has several Hindu/Indian references both in story and name. Gungan the name was influenced by the river Ganga (pronounced the same way despite the a instead of u). Another reason to deflect to Jett was to downplay the Hindu/Indian references, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
          Sorry to make a tangent, but I must say that I strongly believe George Lucas' claim that his son made up the word Gungan is quite dubious. He knew people didn't like them so much (i.e. everyone hating Jar Jar), so to blame it on Jett Lucas is clever in a Palpatineque kind of way.
          Don't get me wrong. I still blame George Lucas for the Prequel.

And I was referring to Jett selecting Jar Jar Bink (though I don't think he's responsible for selecting the voice).
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
          X