Buying Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buying Books

I've used Amazon.com for some rare books, old lost bible books, and obscure things like the King James bible that's an Aramaic to English translation. Harry Potter books I get at Walmart, some books I get at Goodwill's local stores, and I buy books on clearance from the mall type bookstores.

I'll also do my best to wait for a book that's new to come out in paperback, saving me money, but if it's one of my absolute top, favorite books I'll shop around for hardback, and buy the best deal I can find.
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

I bring Borders Reward coupons (print off from the e-mail) to the store.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

have you seen resale prices on books to used bookstores? i might as well donate it to the library. i had a copy of 'i am legend' that i paid $12 for on amazon, i think cheapo's gave me $2 for it. what a ripoff.
        hmm, i wonder if we should post a book exchange club...
        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
          have you seen resale prices on books to used bookstores? i might as well donate it to the library. i had a copy of 'i am legend' that i paid $12 for on amazon, i think cheapo's gave me $2 for it. what a ripoff.
          Well...it's not as if they are in the business to make YOU money, ya know. I consider used bookstores as a way to help me unload stuff from my limited shelf space and, oh yeah, get a few bucks in the process. I used to have a lot of stuff that they wanted, and I could walk out of those places with $200-300 in hand, from four boxes of books - not so much these days, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
            have you seen resale prices on books to used bookstores? i might as well donate it to the library.
            I seem to recall reading one time that the first buyers though the doors of the friends sale were the ones for the used bookstores.

Comment

Latey I have been buying paperback and comic collections books from Barnes & Noble at Ala Moana Shopping Center only because it's close by to home. Once in a great while I will stop by Borders at the Ward Centre.

Comment

http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/y...tores-in-2010/

Will Barnes & Noble be the only one left standing?

Comment

I love book stores and books, but their days may be numbered, along with our idea of a traditional book. I think this may be hastened with Apple’s announcement of their much hyped tablet tomorrow.

Comment

The bookstore on Bishop St. across from Longs seems to be closing.

Comment

Working...
                    X