Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clear The Smoke Commercial: Real or CGI?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clear The Smoke Commercial: Real or CGI?

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
    [...]Thank you for not wanting to take away my right to smoke. However, the anti-smoking crowd has more in mind - the top leaders that is. THEY WANT TO DO EXACTLY THAT.[...]Zysman now wants to send goons into my own bedroom to run my life. What do you think the reaction will be?
    Wrong thread. This one is a discussion about the commercials.

ETA:
    Interesting. HSA works for free - 100%. That's why we don't have flashy TV ads because we can't afford them. We have to pay our own way. We did run one short radio ad, I think two times at a cost of $600. It came from our own pockets from personal income in unrelated labors.[...]
    I can speak for myself only (but could probably, safely, speak for the crew members who are also my friends...but I won't). I donate my services to PSAs that involve a cause I believe in. I believe in helping to prevent young people from picking up their first cigarette. I believe in getting the word out to those who want to quit smoking. PSAs help to get that message out to the masses. If someone, anyone, contacted me with a request to reduce my fee or work pro bono for a pro smoking "PSA" (not sure it could be called a PSA) I would not accept the job simply because I don't believe in the "cause". That said, tobacco is legal and I believe that people who wish to partake have the right to do so. And I strongly believe that smokers rights should not be taken away in their own homes.

Personally, I feel the commercials that are the subject of this thread are excellent. And, I hope they help to save a lot of lives. I also hope there will be many more in the future.

I will continue to help when asked with anti-smoking PSAs. Smoking took my dad's life. Working on the PSAs is just one, teensy way I can help to "right" my loss.
    Last edited by tutusue; October 21, 2007, 10:00 AM. Reason: brain burp!

Comment

How much does Deborah Zysman make? She doesn't show up at the capital for free you know. It's in writting. She's your queen. What about her? It's my understanding that she has a single family home. This is not cheap for a girl that just came here from Buffalo, New York a few years ago. Now she's dictating what we should do.

She's getting it good. What about you???? Where's your milk and honey???

Thing is that her looting operation works like clockwork - does yours?

All these ads ain't cheap. Where's the money coming from???

Comment

Have you all seen the ones where they suggest that the ducting in one apartment is connected to that of other apartments? They follow the smoke, represented as yellow caution tape, from one floor to the next, through multiple living spaces. Children are prominently featured of course. I have never seen apartments where one apartment's air conditioning/heating system is physically linked to those of other apartments.
        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
        http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

How much does Deborah Zysman make? She doesn't show up at the capital for free you know. It's in writting. She's your queen. What about her? It's my understanding that she has a single family home. This is not cheap for a girl that just came here from Buffalo, New York a few years ago. Now she's dictating what we should do.

She's getting it good. What about you???? Where's your milk and honey???

Thing is that her looting operation works like clockwork - does yours?

All these ads ain't cheap. Where's the money coming from???
          Your post is OFF topic...'cept the last sentence. There's a lengthy thread already in progress. I'll move it...and my reply...there.
          Last edited by tutusue; October 22, 2007, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Personally, I feel the commercials that are the subject of this thread are excellent. And, I hope they help to save a lot of lives. I also hope there will be many more in the future.

I will continue to help when asked with anti-smoking PSAs. Smoking took my dad's life. Working on the PSAs is just one, teensy way I can help to "right" my loss.
            Well even though I totally disagree with the message, I do think it's honorable that you would do it for heart rather than for avarice. Still the commercials do seem threating to the targets of them and could even inspire a person to acts of violence against a smoker. It's always a possiblity when a class of people is demonized in such a fashion by a daily smoker bash-a-thon. EVERY D*MN DAY, like brainwashing. Enough already. We don't need to see this 10 times a day, every day for a year.

Also every visitor has to see this as well in their hotels rooms. Are disgusting images appropiate for Hawaii. Anymore then displaying pictures aborted fetuses at Waikiki beach. Will this ad please our visitors or leave them with a sick taste in their mouths about Hawaii?

These ads play on the edge of what is acceptable. The link below is from an ad compairing violent, aggrevated child abuse with smoking in the house. The American Lung association was forced to pull the ad due to public outcry at trivializing child abuse.

http://www.smokersclubinc.com/module...ticle&sid=4393

Comment

Since the answer to the original, simple, technical question posed in this thread has been found, I'm closing it. The endless debate over smoking and smoking bans can be found here.

Comment

Working...
              X