Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: American Idol Season 7 (2008)

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
    i guess different strokes for different strokes. I love the tattoo, and she had a great set of pipes.
    I agree, and Carly's pipes were also the most powerful of the group. She's probably the only one who could adequately pull off a Celine Dion in both range and strength. Vocally, she's consistently been my favorite.

As for the arm-covered tatoos, my only concern, had Carly won the thing (and even up to this point), is the influence that may have on kids who might want to copy that "look".

Her attitude when she got cut was first class. Great sport. You can tell she was confident about future projects most likely already lined up.

I'm disappointed she got axed before Jason "Marley" Castro, but still, happy that Syesha Mercado is still in. While none of her performances have blown me away yet, she does have an overall package of capable, pleasant-sounding vocals, stage performance (decent dancer) and good looks.

At this point it's quite obvious, based on popularity and talent, that it will come down to David vs. David for the title this season.
    Last edited by Pomai; April 24, 2008, 08:30 AM.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Dear Carly,

May you find the success of Clay Aiken and Chris Daughtry and I hope you get to laugh at the dismal record sales of the AI7 winner. You don't need American Idol to prove you're the best.
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
        [...]
        At this point it's quite obvious, based on popularity and talent, that it will come down to David vs. David for the title this season.
        Agreed!
        Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
        Dear Carly,

May you find the success of Clay Aiken and Chris Daughtry[...]
        Not to mention Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood!

Comment

4/30 results

BYE BROOKE!
          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
          Flickr

Comment

YAHOOO!!!!!

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman...72620320.shtml

I can't believe Syesha was in the bottom two.

Jason clearly does not want to be there. David A. also needs to go.

Parents need to take away their tween's phones!
            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
            We're not here to mess around
            Boston, you know we love you madly
            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
            You know we couldn't live without you
            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Jason Castro is this season's Jasmine Trias. By some fan-based fluke he will make it to the top three. Brooke leaving this week is no surprise. I can't believe she lost it on stage.

Flickr

Comment

Are you folks following the story confirming the suspicion that the judges get to see the dress rehearsals, and make some of their comments based on those performances? Paula Abdul was the one who slipped up and spoke about a contestant that had yet to perform that night.

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
                  Jason Castro is this season's Jasmine Trias. By some fan-based fluke he will make it to the top three. Brooke leaving this week is no surprise. I can't believe she lost it on stage.
                  Jason, like David Archuleta, appeals to the heavy voting teens and 'tweens...altho' I feel Archuleta is a much more accomplished vocalist. I'm still pulling for David Cook to win, tho', and if he's eliminated before Jason...

Brooke is a very sensitive, emotional young woman and has shed many tears thruout the audition process and the show. I was more surprised that she opted to sing her final song. Others haven't.
                  Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  Are you folks following the story confirming the suspicion that the judges get to see the dress rehearsals, and make some of their comments based on those performances? Paula Abdul was the one who slipped up and spoke about a contestant that had yet to perform that night.
                  Ah, so that's what happened. I thought Paula was just being, well, Paula! It didn't surprise me at all that she couldn't remember if Jason had sung one or 2 songs!

ETA: Just read your spoiler, Lei!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    I heard Simon never does....maybe that's why he's my favorite. The term judge IMO, should be changed to critic....the fans are the true judges.

Flickr

Comment

Do you think Jason will finally get eliminated after his performances tonight?

Was it weird that on the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame night, David Cook chose 2 crappy songs to perform?

Is David Archuleta much too young to give a credible performance of Love Me Tender (at the tender age of 17)?

Will Syesha gain pity votes for her tears that came after Randy's criticism?
                      * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                      - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani View Post
                        Do you think Jason will finally get eliminated after his performances tonight?

Was it weird that on the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame night, David Cook chose 2 crappy songs to perform?

Is David Archuleta much too young to give a credible performance of Love Me Tender (at the tender age of 17)?

Will Syesha gain pity votes for her tears that came after Randy's criticism?
                        Jason should go...that will almost insure a David VS David final. Syesha did good last night, so she should stay. My BIG problem with "Archie" is that IMO, the songs he picked were "safe" songs. Although he has a great voice, he has yet to really blow me away like Clay Aiken or Kelly Clarkson did. IMO, if he wants to be the AI, he need to grow some Kahones and do something totally out of his element. David Cook does this well.

Flickr

Comment

I agree...it's time for Jason to go. Poor kid. I felt so sorry for him last night. David A., to me, has absolutely no pizzazz, unlike David C and Syesha. I'll be surprised if the final 2 aren't D&D, altho' I'd like it to be Syesha and David C.

Comment

5/7 results

See ya rastaman!

Flickr

Comment

I just finished watching AI via DVR. No surprises! I'm curious, tho'...did anyone else DVR the show? If so, did you, too, have a plethora of audio drops and totally our of sync audio to video? Yikes...my recording was a mess. The other shows on the DVR hard drive are fine. Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                I'm curious, tho'...did anyone else DVR the show? If so, did you, too, have a plethora of audio drops and totally our of sync audio to video? Yikes...my recording was a mess. The other shows on the DVR hard drive are fine. Just curious.
                                Yes, tons of audio problems last night. When Maroon 5 was performing, only the lead singer's mic was working; almost nothing from the others in the band and the backup singers. Extemely faint. Probably being picked up by an overhead mic or something. Maybe a mixing board problem? But when Ryan was interviewing them after the song, they had to bring out a handheld mic, and there was some joking comment like "Can you hear me now?" (Think Verizon commercials.) So yes, Tutu, definitely a problem at AI's end, not yours.
                                As for the final three, I hope David "Archie" doesn't win. Cute kid, but no personality, totally unable to answer off-the-cuff questions, not much charisma, no star factor. Nice enough voice.
                                David Cook ought to win it.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X