SNL skit about Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SNL skit about Hawaii

Aiona was so self-righteously, holier-than-thouly, outraged to draw attention to himself. He has no substance so he is waging his campaign for governor on style. He got his name out there and has gone on record as being a staunch advocate of not poking fun at Hawaii. Oh Dude, you are so courageous. He has demanded an apology from SNL! Be waiting a long time for that.

There is a Hawaii dogma of,"Have fun, but not too much, HEY!, stop it, you're having too much fun". Examples, killjoys that want to stifle Halloween in LaHaina and keep gambling or lottery out of "Paradise", along with myriad other forms of human contentment and fulfillment.

If you can't take a joke..........
    You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

Since we're talking about the "The Rock"...oops I'm sorry Dwayne Johnson. Anyone know what ever happened to the Kamehameha movie that he was supposed to headlining?

Comment

Reminds me of the press coverage Vice President Dan "Potatoe" Quayle got for ragging on the "lifestyle choices" of fictional television character Murphy Brown.

Comment

Okay, somebody needs to take the stick out of his a$$. Really, demanding an apology from SNL??? Does he realize that makes him look even worse than the skit (which was pretty funny) did?

To rip a line from TG, in this case, aloha stands for "A Lot of Hawaiian Anger".

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

the skit to me was stupid. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by infinitypro View Post
              I did find the idea of "The Rock Obama" skit very funny.
              Originally posted by salmoned View Post
              Also, I think The-Rock Obama is the best Obama mimic I've seen, hands down.
              I will admit that I never saw the 03/07/09 episode of Saturday Night Live and I have only seen the hotel bar skit, which I believe was referenced in the base note, but I take it (and no surprise about it) that there was another skit with him parodying in some way about Obama?

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
              The Advertiser is running a poll on this on the main page of their website. At the moment, with over 1,700 votes so far, 46% loved the skit, 36% had no opinion (so why did they bother to vote? ), and 18% hated the skit.
              Perhaps the "No Opinion" option is meant for those who saw the skit but didn't hate it or didn't love it. You know like "average" or "neutral". But to expand on the numbers you get the following:

782 - love it
              306 - hate it
              612 - no opinion

Would it have been better not to report the 612 people who saw it but no feeling either away about the skit? In which case one only cares of what the other 1088 people felt?

Originally posted by Opihimonster View Post
              Since we're talking about the "The Rock"...oops I'm sorry Dwayne Johnson. Anyone know what ever happened to the Kamehameha movie that he was supposed to headlining?
              Please followup this discussion to either the thread titled King Kamehaheha in the Big Picture subforum or the thread titled King Kamehameha: Battle For Paradise in the Melting Pot subforum, never mind the fact that those threads have been around since 2006 and 2004. However a quick check on Dwayne Johnson's IMDb entry doesn't mention anything relating to this movie.
              Last edited by helen; March 11, 2009, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Yeah, That's the Ticket.
                Really!
                Bitch is the New Black.
                Making Copies.
                And I Am Outta Here!

Comment

Lee C's take from this morning's Advertiser:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...903120344/1001

Comment

Ms. Catalina got it right!
                    well written approach to the truthfulness, humor, and possible(negligible) downside to the SNL skit.

Again... I enjoyed it.
                    Thought some of those same things but wasn't as big or brave as "The Rock" to say them.
                    HaHaHa!
                    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Lee Cataluna, you so right girl. What da big deal Dukey, its SNL. And Lee is right cause Hawaii`s reputation went out the door long time. Bum-bye Pau!!
                      bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

I thought the skit was hilarious, because some of it is true. It could have been two guys at the airport lei stand, could have been two guys in Waikiki trying to sell parrots, it wouldn't have mattered.

What I thought was interesting is that, while both of them pretty much made Hawaiian-sounding lyrics ("Hanohano Hanalei"?), Fred Armisten (the guy who was in the skit with Johnson) is a musician so he actually did play the 'ukulele and get some of the vocal harmonies fairly well, along with a quick "wee-haa" from Johnson.

Comment

Just watched it...

...and found it to be typically crummy SNL, nothing funny in it at all. The 'garbage' line was indeed pathetic, and Johnson should have shown some "you know what?" to the writers, producers, and Lorne Michaels.
                          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: Just watched it...

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                            ...and found it to be typically crummy SNL, nothing funny in it at all. The 'garbage' line was indeed pathetic, and Johnson should have shown some "you know what?" to the writers, producers, and Lorne Michaels.
                            I found that last post to be typically crummy. HaHaHa!
                            To each his/her own humor and limits of acceptable behavior is what makes the world go around, eh?!
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Re: Just watched it...

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                              I found that last post to be typically crummy. HaHaHa!
                              To each his/her own humor and limits of acceptable behavior is what makes the world go around, eh?!
                              I'll co-sign this.
                              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Yes, you can co-sign THIS...

My post was funnier than that skit, and probably the whole show.
                                Except for Tina Fey's Palin stuff, SNL has been 100% dead fish for well over a decade.
                                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                                X