"Sarah Palin's Alaska" show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Sarah Palin's Alaska" show

This show is an informercial until a woman in fishnet stockings has a catfight with Sarah Palin. Then, there's a special appearance by Heidi and Spencer.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      This show is an informercial until a woman in fishnet stockings has a catfight with Sarah Palin. Then, there's a special appearance by Heidi and Spencer.

I found the show, "Who's Nailin' Palin?" to be much more interesting.
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I just watched the DVR of last night's episode. Very disappointing. Nowhere near the terrific outdoor photography of the first episode. On last night's episode they spent some time on a commercial halibut fishing boat (long segment, mostly inside the boat), saw a few whales (brief), kayaked to a cove full of sea otters (brief), and did a little skeet shooting (very brief). But the majority of the show was her and the family, mostly riding in their RV and with very little exterior shots of Alaska.
        I'll give the show one more chance, probably. But if the next one doesn't go back to mostly featuring Alaska, I'll skip the last five and just wait for Alaska to come up on The Travel Channel.
        Anyone else see last night's show?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
          I found the show, "Who's Nailin' Palin?" to be much more interesting.
          Was there a beaver hunt in Alaska scene on the show?

Comment

From the "Hollywood Reporter":
            After setting a ratings record last week on U.S. cable network TLC, Sarah Palin's reality show plummeted for its second episode. "Sarah Palin's Alaska" fell 40% on Sunday night to 3 million viewers.

Her ratings are falling faster than President Obama's; she was right after all - she CAN beat him!

Comment

Leo, that was old news from the Hollywood Reporter. CNN just posted something at this link that includes this, with info from the Hollywood Reporter:

Palin Ratings Rebound

Sarah Palin appears to have staying power when it comes bagging Caribou and grilling salmon on her reality television show.
              While critics of the former Alaska governor were quick to point out that ratings for the former GOP vice presidential nominee's "Sarah Palin's Alaska" fell by more than half in its second installment one week ago, the most recent iteration rebounded by 17 percent, according to the Hollywood Reporter.That means 3.5 million viewers - an enviable audience for any basic cable show, much less a potential 2012 candidate - tuned in to TLC to watch the former Alaska governor's somewhat controversial show that has some Republicans like Karl Rove and Joe Scarborough grumbling that one of the party's likely White House frontrunners is looking clearly unpresidential.

Perhaps the show that sank two weeks ago was up against some other TV special that drew away viewers?
              I don't know why it rebounded, as last Sunday night's show was the worst yet in terms of learning anything about Alaska itself.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                Leo, that was old news from the Hollywood Reporter.
                Sorry - the Reuters page where I found it was dated Nov. 29. Do you mean to tell me that I can't trust everything I read on the IntraWebs these days?!?! Whoof --- I gotta go lie down and digest that shocker...

Maybe viewers are just taking a leaf from their hero and quitting the series partway through.

Comment

http://specials.msn.com/A-List/TV/Go...entid=26728530

Shocking that Kate Gosselin would complain.

Comment

Working...
                  X