How is Magnum's new show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Magnum's new show?

I don't see the promos anymore? Wouldn't it be nice if they cross-path on the New Five-O?

Meaning just do a teaser to see if there is any interest in a New Magnum PI. But it has to be Tom Selleck and Rick and TC. I understand Higgins may be too old, or if he would want to come back. Or he can just be a voice over, like Magnum's little voice when he needs to bounce off ideas.

If they can bring back the "old" Ladies back from the Sex and the City twice, they can bring back the guys of Magnum PI.

I don't know how his new show is doing, and I know actors like to do new things. But I hope he and those in charge don't forget there are millions of fans that still love Thomas Magnum, and Magnum PI.

That's the kind of Legacy TV can not buy.

Re: How is Magnum's new show?

Originally posted by cabanalane View Post
    Meaning just do a teaser to see if there is any interest in a New Magnum PI. But it has to be Tom Selleck and Rick and TC. I understand Higgins may be too old, or if he would want to come back. Or he can just be a voice over, like Magnum's little voice when he needs to bounce off ideas.

If they can bring back the "old" Ladies back from the Sex and the City twice, they can bring back the guys of Magnum PI.
    Yeah, but during Magnum P.I.'s heyday, the show attracted mostly female viewers (and maybe some gay men) who tuned in each week to ogle at Selleck's physique. At age 65, the man is well past his prime as far as being a sex symbol. At best, the original cast of characters (Selleck, Manetti, Mosley, etc.) might be good enough for a one-shot TV movie reunion. But for a full-on TV series revival or big-screen movie, you need a new set of younger actors to make it work.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

and then all of you would just nit-pick it to death becuase its not like the original show. so what would be the point of bringing the series back?

as for Selleck's new show, its doing quite well for a friday nite time slot. It's called "Blue Bloods" and is pretty good.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Actually Blue Bloods is on Wednesday night.

Originally posted by cabanalane View Post
        The series Sex and the City initially aired during the early 2000's. While Magnum P.I. aired in the 1980's so natually it would be easier to bring back the actors from Sex and the City than Magnum P.I., however if they did bring back Magnum P.I. it could based around Magnum's daughter as the main character since she would be old enough to be on her own.

Comment

well, actually - the show was just recently moved to wednesday in the last couple of weeks. and it's still good.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
            well, actually - the show was just recently moved to wednesday in the last couple of weeks. and it's still good.
            You are correct! I really enjoy it, the ratings are good and belie the Friday night death knell that happens to many shows when they are moved to Friday. I think it is a strong show and very entertaining.

Comment

Working...
            X