• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 60 Minutes

Originally posted by pzarquon
    Movement does not equal productivity.
    yea, man!
    when I'm languidly splayed out under the palms on Lanikai beach, sipping my Hinano, i am brainstorming on current projects and productions!
    Much work being enacted at those moments.

Comment

Yeah, I do some of my best work when "I'm testing my eyelids for pinholes", too! Kimo and I practice "tangential thinking". Did you know that a lot of the most famous scientific inventions came about by accident?

Did you ever notice how you can concentrate on solving a problem or remembering a name, but no matter how hard you try, you can't remember? And then in the middle of the night the answer comes to you?

For instance, Dr. Jonas Salk invented the formula for the Salk vaccine while engaged in a very lengthy tennis game.

Would Newton have been able to describe gravity if he hadn't been standing under that apple tree (this one may be a myth, but the one about Jonas Salk is true).

Moral of the story: if you have a problem, don't waste energy trying to solve it. Go do something else and when you least expect it, your brain is going to come up with the solution....now all you have to remember is what the problem was you were trying to solve!

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang

Moral of the story: if you have a problem, don't waste energy trying to solve it. Go do something else and when you least expect it, your brain is going to come up with the solution..

Miulang
        the subconcious contains all the answers, they say.
        Glazier anology;
        concious mind, the top 10% of the glacier.
        Subconcious mind, the majority 90% of the glacier body, the brain/mind.

Apparently , you can train the subconcious to bring the answer to the forefront; meditate on the problem or question just before sleep, and declare to the subconcious to solve it. Upon awaking, oftimes we have the solution.
        it's a famous Einstein (or Edison?) method.

Comment

Working...
        X