Battlestar Galactica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Battlestar Galactica

The midseason finale seemed very "LOST"-ian. Another showdown between someone who irrationally believes versus someone who insists on rationality. And a big plot development that fans expected would be the end of the show served up with several episodes to go. Oh, yeah, and calling a ridiculous stretch of time a mere "hiatus." Heh.

I was surprised the "return to Earth" journey was so short and matter-of-fact, once the bearing was discovered. I figured that was going to be three episodes' of plot at least. But Adama articulated well that the best course of action was to just get it done and quickly, now that they knew where they were going, lest things fall apart all over again.

It was an emotional moment, to be sure, but not half as weighty as I expected. Even Adama's announcement to the whole fleet seemed a bit underwhelming. It definitely makes me curious what lies ahead... apart from the fifth and final Cylon. A Cylon that we learn was not in the fleet (but perhaps was among those on the Cylon basestar?).

Was it just me, or was anyone else expecting to see the arm and partially submerged crown of the Statue of Liberty in that last shot?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
      Was it just me, or was anyone else expecting to see the arm and partially submerged crown of the Statue of Liberty in that last shot?
      Yeah, I was kind of waiting for some kind of familiar symbol to show up at this new scrotched Earth. Now like Lost there is a looooong wait to endure. Why do we latch on to these kinds of shows?
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Speaking of which what was the light colored surface on that planet? Was it water or snow?

Comment

The light colored surface from space or once they had landed?

Comment

During the time everyone was on the ground.

Comment

I *think* it was water but I might not be thinking of the same thing you're thinking of

Comment

The Sci-Fi channel ran a promo saying that the final episodes of Battlestar Galactica will start to air on January 16, 2009.

Comment

It's about frakin' time.

Comment

Geof Boucher from the LA Times (article is here via the Honolulu Advertiser) reports that there are ten more episodes of Battlestar Galactica left to air.

Comment

Oceanic now has channel 1557, Sci-Fi HD, up. This last half-season of Battlestar will be in HIGH DEFINITION!!!! It's about 4 years late, but hell, I'll take it.

Comment

Spoilers for tonight

Wow, that was an unexpected death. For a moment when they showed Dee on Earth, I thought she might be the 5th Cylon.

Comment

Wow, TONS of new questions on this one. Really interesting questions too. I really hope they can give us equally interesting answers in the remaining 9 episodes.

I have to admit I'm a little disappointed in the final Cylon. Disappointed enough to Google around a bit hoping to find evidence it might not be true. I found confirmation instead. I can see how there might be potential for interesting stories to come out of it, though. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I thought the final Cylon was going to be...

...Lee Adama.

In season one, there was an episode where Leoben tells President Roslin that "Adama is a Cylon" (here's the clip). With what was going on with the story at the time, we -- the viewing audience -- were led to believe he was referring to the Commander, but he never actually specifies that. Besides, the other stuff Leoben said -- about finding Kobol -- turned out to be true. That guy is like the "Prophet Cylon". Pretty much everything he says comes true.

Comment

I agree, I was disappointed in the identity of the final, fifth cylon. There seemed to be so much emphasis on how important the fifth one was and the character it turned out to be seemed to be such a tangential one as far as the plot to get to earth. I think it's interesting that the final 5 seemed to know each other in their previous life on Earth and that the other cylons didn't seem to know them (other than Deanna after she got to see the final 5). Yup, lots of questions.

Comment

Yeah among other questions, where are they going now?

What about Starbuck? Who is she?

Will the other Cylons catch up with them?

many others I'm sure....
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The questions that are raised in my mind is "Why did the Cylons attacked the Colonies?"

If the answer to that question was they hated the humans and wanted to wipe them out entirely then using nuclear weapons like they did in the series made sense. However when they started to occupy the colonies, the nuclear attacks don't make sense since they need the planet(s) to live in.

It also begs the question what happen to the original planet the Cylons where living in before the attacks?

Comment

Working...
                                X