This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: National TV Ads You Like

There are a couple of Geico ads that start as an investigation into an 1960's TV series where a member of the TV series brought Geico insurance for their car which saved them a lot of money.

Comment

Glad you dug this thread up, Helen. There's some really creative stuff out there lately.

I don't know whether the model in this Heineken technophonic minnie draughter TV ad is either A) stunningly-beautiful, or B) nightmarishly-horrific, but she's captivating never the less! The choreography is total genius.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Gotta love those bud-light commercials shown during the super-bowl.
        Also like the Tide commercial with the Drill Sargent telling the private about disrepecting him, his country, and his mama because of the ketchup stain (wants to be a french fry). Stain! What stain sir?
        What they send me a doggone Houdini?
        bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

my current favorite is the bud light one where the 2 guys are at the opera, the singer hits a high note & all the bottles burst! then the guy in front of them waves a can of bud light at them & says "first time at the opera?"

oh well, if you've seen it - you know how it goes
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

My all time favorite budlight commercial was with the dogs and there owner`s. One dog looked like he was groomed and obedient, and the other looking like he just got out of the rubbish pile.
            What can your dog do? Fetch, the good looking dog get`s his master a beer.
            The owner stands proud looking at his friend. What can your mute do?
            Budlight, Da pooch jumps for the guys groin and he screams and releases the beer into his friends hand. I wen buss up laugh, even my wife I almost had to send her E.R. The kine things they come up with. Make me laugh after one HARD day at work...
            OGGBOY
            bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Current fave because I know the feeling: AT&T one (dropped call commercials) where the deli owner is ordering 50 lbs of roast beef:
              ..."What did your wife wolf it down for breakfast?
              *silence*...
              "That didn't come out right....
              "Look at me, me and her probably weigh the s...
              *stops, closes eyes, wants to jump off a bridge*

Comment

yeah - those AT&T commercials are pretty funny too.
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I like the Kholer toilet commercial. Probably something my husband would try! I have these toilets in my houe and they're great -- but I wouldn't try what this guys tries!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_RLXfxtouE
                  So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Originally posted by Kalei99 View Post
                    I like the Kholer toilet commercial. Probably something my husband would try! I have these toilets in my houe and they're great -- but I wouldn't try what this guys tries!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_RLXfxtouE
                    First time seeing that commercial for me. Good one though!!!!
                    bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

I know this comment is completely shallow, but who was the Weight Watchers advertising genius who thought Valerie Bertinelli (a beautiful woman, by the way) would be flattered by a raspberry satin gown circa 1980s prom issue? Not only does the fabric drape and bunch horizontally, there is that strange fabric growth bursting forth from her shoulder. They are boasting she's lost 30 pounds, but I think she actually looks better in the before shot with jeans and pink oxford shirt. It wouldn't be that hard to put her in something really lovely that would show off her weight loss. Okay, I'm done.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
                        I know this comment is completely shallow, but who was the Weight Watchers advertising genius who thought Valerie Bertinelli (a beautiful woman, by the way) would be flattered by a raspberry satin gown circa 1980s prom issue? Not only does the fabric drape and bunch horizontally, there is that strange fabric growth bursting forth from her shoulder. They are boasting she's lost 30 pounds, but I think she actually looks better in the before shot with jeans and pink oxford shirt. It wouldn't be that hard to put her in something really lovely that would show off her weight loss. Okay, I'm done.
                        <teehee!> Generally speaking there's a wardrobe stylist on the project who makes several wardrobe selections based on input from the director and the ad agency creative team. A wardrobe fitting takes place with the actor(s) trying on the various choices in the presence of the director and ad agency. Sometimes they agree unanimously. Sometimes they don't.

There are always exceptions to this process! I have no idea if the WW spot is one of 'em!

Comment

Kaiser-Permanente: the black senior citizen sa-shays down the street in a semi-hip-hop dance; he gets the loose basketball and banks in a 12-footer; and a sassy *wink* from the young gal passing by on the street ............. all to the beat of "Stayin' Alive"

Comment

There is a Master Card commerical airing where the people in the house leave to go someplace and all of the kitchen utensils come out of the drawers and having a party.

There is a small scene for a couple of seconds where all the knives are watching a movie on the TV, they get scared due to it's one of these knife wielding horror type of show.

Comment

Jack-in-the-Box has a commerical out that points out the dangers of eating a messy sandwich and driving at the same time. They show 3 instances of things going wrong. First one is a car driving off a pier into the water, the second one is a truck colliding with a tanker car and blowing up and the third is starship going to warp speed and it blows up (starship in question is the 1978 version of the Galactica).

The solution that they offer is for you to buy their chicken bite sized nuggets.

Comment

Captial One has some commericals where various genre types are making their own credit card layouts. So far it's been:

mad sciencist with assistant going sking
                                evil overlord who likes kittens
                                general who has a mom that looks like him
                                a Captain Nemo like character who likes dogs

Comment

Working...
                                X