X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: National TV Ads You Like

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
    Glad you dug this thread up, Helen. There's some really creative stuff out there lately.

I don't know whether the model in this Heineken technophonic minnie draughter TV ad is either A) stunningly-beautiful, or B) nightmarishly-horrific, but she's captivating never the less! The choreography is total genius.
    You can't beat a model dancing in a commercial.
    There's Naomi Campbell with the dancing Geckos.
    Paris Hilton grinding in a car wash for a Burger commercial.
    Anything with Beyonce even when she's not dancing.
    And from a while back of a model in a tight fitting white t-shirt and jeans dancing by going towards and then from behind as she leaving for the camera.(Don't remember the product)

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      [...]
      And from a while back of a model in a tight fitting white t-shirt and jeans dancing by going towards and then from behind as she leaving for the camera.(Don't remember the product)
      Then the ad was ineffective...regardless of tight fitting clothes, dancing or a great behind!

Comment

I love dancing along with the Smirnoff Mojito commercial. I used to love mojitos, but now I have them without the booze. Ain't no way one can drink mojitos for a sustained length of time and maintain the physique obviously required for the cast of that commercial. Amazing. How do they round up so many beautiful people? I'm sure Tutusue can tell us. I'd be one of those ladies recruited for something far less sexy.
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
          [...]How do they round up so many beautiful people? I'm sure Tutusue can tell us. [...]
          The primary way is to contact talent and modeling agencies! Depending on how many "beautiful people" are needed, casting personnel may also "street cast" at clubs that cater to trendy and beautiful people!

Comment

Saw a new Capital One commerical today, this one has a superhero with his family's picture on the card.

Comment

The Verizon(i think its them) commercial where the old lady tells the couple who are moving in that theres a 'deadzone'. Creepy music, then the girl goes 'We're on the Verizon network' and points to that big crowd.
              'Well you have crabgrass', says the old lady as she walks away.

Thats my fav.

Or the Jack in the Box one where the guy comes into the Juice store with Dove shorts all sweaty and orders a drink. While he's ordering, he's stretching in front of this guy seated. That one cracks me up too.

Comment

How about the so annoying, that it's good?
                The promo ad of The X-games on ESPN with the guy in a bad Darth Vader outfit while having a Gilbert Gottfried sounding voice.
                Last edited by Walkoff Balk; July 24, 2008, 07:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I like the Dr. Pepper commercial with Lilith calling Frasier Crane.

Comment

The freecreditreport.com commercials are all pretty cool. Very funny and the songs are catchy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx5YI1xwV7o
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of Macy's and their tactic of buying local department stores to make themselves larger than life, but the current ad they have running on the history of their department store with all of the vintage videoclips is superb. Whomever the ad agency that worked on that one should give themselves a pat on the back. Excellent research, well written and tied all perfectly together makes that ad one of the favorites I've seen in a long time.

Aj

Comment

I, too, like the Macy's ad, AJ, but coulda done without Jessica Simpson at the end.

I love the e-Trade spot with the talking infant. I usually don't like talking infants but this one has a tag I didn't expect at all...at the end, s/he burps and spits up in typical infant fashion! The contrast between the adult dialogue and baby action made me laugh! Then it made me visualize how they got that shot since babies don't burp and spit up on cue! Methinks, while the camera was still rolling during a take, baby naturally did his/her thing and that take was written into the commercial after the fact. Regardless, it's a very funny tag.

Comment

Heidi Klum doing a little Risky Business for Guitar Hero World Tour.

Comment

ESPN Kenny Mayne promoting his show with a Bob Dylan parody by being in black & white while turning over large cue cards.

Comment

Some of the Sprint commericals that show a person's alternate version in the foreground and in the background what really happened due to a problem with their current phone service.

The ones with the lady who didn't get a message that a different dinosaur costume was coming to a kid's birthday party which ends up scaring all the kids and the one with a guy who didn't get a message about the status of the turkey he was attempting to cook (and some how you see the aftermath of a BBQ explosion) are kind of comedic if not kind of tragic at the same time.

Comment

I get a kick out of Ozzy Osbourne doing the commercial for Samsung cell phones, where he mumbles while ordering coffee, taking a cab, and talking to a therapist, and he has to text each of them to be understood. Watch closely for Ozzy's expression at the end after the therapist says "That's disturbing."
                                Funny stuff, and good on him for doing the ad and making fun of himself!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X