X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: National TV Ads You Like

Originally posted by helen View Post
    Some of the Sprint commericals that show a person's alternate version in the foreground and in the background what really happened due to a problem with their current phone service.
    Those are actually AT&T commercials.

Originally posted by helen View Post
    The ones with the lady who didn't get a message that a different dinosaur costume was coming to a kid's birthday party which ends up scaring all the kids and the one with a guy who didn't get a message about the status of the turkey he was attempting to cook (and some how you see the aftermath of a BBQ explosion) are kind of comedic if not kind of tragic at the same time.
    Those series of commercials started off being comedic, with stuff like a Michael Phelps fan missing a call from someone trying to tell her that Phelps was making a personal apperance next door. But the latest one features a TV reporter covering a building demolition, but not receiving a call that he was in the blasting area and had to evacuate. As his alter-ego says, "Instead of reporting the 10 o'clock news, I will be the news."

Is that how they are trying to promote themselves? If you don't use AT&T's service, you could die???
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      As his alter-ego says, "Instead of reporting the 10 o'clock news, I will be the news." Is that how they are trying to promote themselves?
      Gee, that sounds like something I wrote in the Kim Gennaula thread!

**running for the door**

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
        Is that how they are trying to promote themselves? If you don't use AT&T's service, you could die???
        So what happens when AT&T goes down?

Comment

The Fresh Step commerical where a cat hires a bloodhound to sniff out the location of the cat's litterbox but can't find it.

Comment

The Apple Mac commercials with an older man(A contributer from The Daily Show) and a young man(the high school kid from the tv series Ed) has that kind of Don't Ask, Don't Tell kind of relationship.

Comment

The Captial One commericals with the Barbarians just dealing with current life (huge number of swords and knifes at the airport security check in).

Comment

Mission G Gatorade has a montage of sports heroes, ordinary people, and the Blue Man Group set to the rhythm of a piano.

Comment

That ad where there is the "talking fish" hanging on the wall, chanting something similar to "give me that fish sandwich", and scolding the person who is eating.
                  At first it was soooo horrid to me, but then the more I saw it the funnier it became. It is a great look on the face of the guy eating the fish sandwich, sort of "hey, like I could care that a fish is singing to me" ...... the ad is so bad it is good.
                  Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Despite being a died-in-the-wool Maccie, "I'm a PC and I'm 4 and a half" Kylie, in the Windows ad, is absolutely adorable. Such a cute commercial. Great casting.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                      That ad where there is the "talking fish" hanging on the wall, chanting something similar to "give me that fish sandwich", and scolding the person who is eating.
                      At first it was soooo horrid to me, but then the more I saw it the funnier it became. It is a great look on the face of the guy eating the fish sandwich, sort of "hey, like I could care that a fish is singing to me" ...... the ad is so bad it is good.
                      It's airing right now!!! This McDonald's spot has been the subject of lengthy discussion between directors and ad agency creative dept. personnel during my last 2 casting sessions. They all LOVE it! I can't remember this kind of discussion going on about any other national commercial...in my presence at least! That said, those of us involved in commercial production tend to look at spots a bit differently than those who aren't.

Comment

The beer commercial with the women screaming in excitement about a huge closet with lots of shoes. While the guys were downstairs hollering about a frig filled only with beer.

Comment

An Apple Mac commercial was just shown with the conservative guy wearing a protective suit like the one Dustin Hoffman wore in Outbreak? Is it the right time to show this?

Comment

So I was flipping through channels on Saturday afternoon...
                            When I happened to see this :30 for Trojan condoms-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP4ysaCsTHY

Don't remember exactly which channel I was on, but it was either USA Network (Ch. 29) or E! (Ch. 61).
                            • 1st thought : "Wow, I thought ads for this type of product are supposed to run in a much later time slot."
                            • 2nd thought: "I'm glad there aren't any little kids around, because I'd hate to have to explain THIS."
                            • 3rd thought: "I know the gestures are exaggerated, but that would be a HUMONGOUS body part."
                            • But at the very end, my reaction was: "WHOA! Was that a LOCAL commercial?!?"

In a way, I think this ad is kind of funny, but part of me is like, "no ack, brah!"

So... any reaction from the rest of you HT'ers?
                            To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Originally posted by musubi View Post
                              So... any reaction from the rest of you HT'ers?
                              I didn't know Mimes get leided. But, I'm trapped in a glass box while walking against the wind.

Comment

I don't know the brand name, but it's for male enhancement. There's a catchy whistling tune in the background, and 'Smiling Bob' with a huge grin on his face. The one I like has Bob dressed as Santa, with a long line of women eager to sit on his lap.

Comment

Working...
                                X