X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: National TV Ads You Like

Originally posted by musubi View Post
    So... any reaction from the rest of you HT'ers?
    I wonder how the Mililani High School Trojan sports teams are going to handle the taunting this year on the field... "Eh, brah, feels like nothing's there!!"
    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
      I don't know the brand name, but it's for male enhancement. There's a catchy whistling tune in the background, and 'Smiling Bob' with a huge grin on his face.[...]
      Enzyte! And, yes, I have a legitimate, professional reason for knowing that!

Comment

well, THAT certainly calls for more of an explanation...............
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I knew someone would blather about that!!!!!!!

Last year I cast a local fast food commercial and the specs for the hero character asked for him to look and act like a local version of Enzyte Bob. I was emailed the specs with no hint of who the heck Enzyte Bob was...nuthin'! Google to the rescue and, well, that new found info fell under the "I learn something new everyday" category! Then...I had to get those specs out to the talent agents! And...I had to explain the character to all the guys who auditioned. No need, tho'...they already knew! Silly, but fun, audition.

Comment

Originally posted by musubi View Post
            In a way, I think this ad is kind of funny, but part of me is like, "no ack, brah!"

So... any reaction from the rest of you HT'ers?
            I saw this ad on the Spike TV channel during an airing of Ultimate Fighter. The program itself carries a PG-13 rating, so it's not as if the commercial was shown alongside an age inappropriate show.

Of course, I'm going along with the idea that it is appropriate for teenagers to be exposed to condom commercials. No doubt the Sarah Palin types who believe in the effectiveness of abstinence education will disagree with me.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

The Arby's commerical where the end of school year is shown and the students and the faculty all head over to Arby's.

Comment

Prius ad, where the car drives along and the landscape turns into people in grass, flower, etc. costume. Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                  Prius ad, where the car drives along and the landscape turns into people in grass, flower, etc. costume. Cool.
                  The making of that commercial is fascinating. Hope this Facebook link works for you non-FBers.

Comment

Still get a kick out of the Petigree commerical where Oliver gets a home. He's in the pound at the beginning, then gets adopted and is shown going nuts- running all over the yard, in a laundry basket, cuddling with his new owner. And there's happy music. Totally love that one, even if it's old.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Not sure this rubber cement commercial is a national ad...might be foreign. Regardless, I love it. The casting and the facial reactions are spot on. So cute.

Comment

Jason and I totally crack up over the "Roosevelts Buyback" Taco Bell commercial. You know, the one where they're making fun of rap videos and throwing around dimes. Except then the song gets stuck in my head and I'm singing it for the next few hours.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

My current favorite is Jack at the Big Box Store for the first time - "Pretzle Party at Jack's House" !!!
                          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                            The Arby's commerical where the end of school year is shown and the students and the faculty all head over to Arby's.
                            Is that the commercial where a kitchen employee is greasing his hair with a burger patty? If so...EEEEEEWWWWWWWW!

I can just see the ad agency's creative team sitting around a table conceptualizing this spot. They're probably young, hip, edgy and the table is in some bar down the elevator from their office!

Comment

No it is not. The commerical starts with an external shot of school building, the bell rings and two groups of people rush out from the school, going to cars and they all drive to one place, which is Arby's. No food is shown n the commerical.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                                No it is not. The commerical starts with an external shot of school building, the bell rings and two groups of people rush out from the school, going to cars and they all drive to one place, which is Arby's. No food is shown n the commerical.
                                Thanks, Helen. Sounds like I'll like that spot much, much better than the one I mentioned earlier. That one's just, plain gross!

Comment

Working...
                                X