Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 40 Least Metal Moments

Originally posted by scrivener
    When Obituary played here in '92 or '93, some guys I know hung out with them, drove them around, let them stay at their places. They said those guys are vegetarians and insisted that they needed to be in bed by 10:00.
    . . . . . . . .

ha! ha! that's priceless!
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
      The SCORPIONS' 1999 release of EYE II EYE.

After contaminating my CD player with that garbage, I had to cleanse it with a complete spin-wash cycle of the BLACKOUT album.

Or Tokyo Tapes!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
        KISS - When they dropped theyre make-up?

I dunno... this might be one of those reverse Psychology ones though...

KISS owe ALOT to this guy.......

Comment

I know this is a bit off topic...sorry scriv...(but this seems to be a good place with a lot of knowledgeable people about music)

But has anyone hear heard of the group "The Posies" out of the Pacific Northwest?

They are pretty popular world wide now... they broke through on the "Singles CD" with Nirvana and a bunch of other groups from the Northwest

I was locker partners with Jon Auer (I know your gonna google it scriv)

(We still communicate through myspace)

Anyone else have any brush with any "Rockers/Metalheads"
          Met both Auer & Stringfellow years ago, though only briefly; I was one of the board members of the (now-defunct) Northwest Area Music Association back in the late 1980s-mid 1990s. We hosted music-business conferences and awards shows for several years.

Almost got the s**t beat out of me by a drunken member of Screaming Trees, when I wouldn't let him back into the bar where we were hosting the first awards show, because he was so plastered. I was worried about the organization's liability - he was worried that they would get an award and he wouldn't be there to accept it. They didn't get any that year (though they certainly did later.)

Comment

When Obituary played here in '92 or '93, some guys I know hung out with them, drove them around, let them stay at their places. They said those guys are vegetarians and insisted that they needed to be in bed by 10:00.
            They might as well of asked to be tucked in and read bedtime stories.

Far cry from Ozzy bighting a dove's head off and staying awake for days on heroin and coke.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Cum on feel the noize...of snoring rocker boyz...

Comment

When Cheech wore a Ballerina dress in the closing rock concert performance in the Up In Smoke movie.

Also, when Bon Scott wore a dress and blonde wig in the live performance of Baby Please Don't Go on the Family Jewels DVD . He even shows some of his "goods". Hilarious.
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                  When Cheech wore a Ballerina dress in the closing rock concert performance in the Up In Smoke movie.
                  Not metal....if you may recall, it was a Punk Rock Battle of the Bands. Cheech himself told Tommy Chong, "You don't have to know how to play, you just have to be a punk."

Comment

Ozzie Osbourne writing and singing the theme song for "Dog The Bounty Hunter" counts as a Least Metal Moment for me.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy
                      Not metal....if you may recall, it was a Punk Rock Battle of the Bands. Cheech himself told Tommy Chong, "You don't have to know how to play, you just have to be a punk."
                      VH1's criteria of "METAL" is loose to begin with. Cheech's example was more about the humorous principle of it. Also, Punk Rock can sometimes tread on metal waters when the song employs hard, chunky riffs.

Neither would I categorize AC/DC as metal. More HARD ROCK. But hey... distortion, pounding drums... close enough.
                      Last edited by Pomai; May 13, 2006, 10:04 AM.
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I'd have to disagree with that! The first Rock/Rap collaboration was Anthrax and Public Enemy's Bring the Noize.

Oh BTW, I'm a noobie here! Please be nice to me!

Does Steven Tyler (Aerosmith) Rocking out with Run DMC count (Walk this way.... Hey diddle diddle) Count???

(Damn... I loved that song)

I would say that was actually the beginning of a whole new genre...???

I would agree w/ scriv. about Cyndi Lauper (even though I mentioned it)
                        However, she did try and rock out...and by her looks at times... you might mistake "HER" for a Metal "HIM"

Comment

wowlaulau, just have to say I'm diggin' your screen name!

"What! Lucille? You going leave me know?"
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by wowlaulau
                            I'd have to disagree with that! The first Rock/Rap collaboration was Anthrax and Public Enemy's Bring the Noize.

Oh BTW, I'm a noobie here! Please be nice to me!
                            Sorry Wowlaulau - I do believe that Run DMC and Aerosmith were first...

(I'm being easy on you)

1986 Run DMC and Aerosmith (Walk This Way)

1991 Anthrax and Public Enemy (Bring The Noise) from the "Attack of the Killer B's" Album

Comment

Sorry Wowlaulau - I do believe that Run DMC and Aerosmith were first...

(I'm being easy on you)

1986 Run DMC and Aerosmith (Walk This Way)

1991 Anthrax and Public Enemy (Bring The Noise) from the "Attack of the Killer B's" Album
                              Yes, you are correct! I guess I got confused with their album "I'm the Man". But still, I'm a year off, came out in '87 i believe! Thanks for being easy on me, haha. Memories not so good now, too much headbanging when I was younger. \m/

Comment

Working...
                              X