"Heroes" on NBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Heroes" on NBC

Well the ending was kind of unexpected with Peter being the one who blows up New York City in the future. And the Hatian can talk! Finally Matt Parkman has meant the other heroes.

I hope the next 6 weeks their replay the old Heroes episodes. I wish they would air the first one again.

Comment

well, as usual this episode answered a few questions but opened up a lot more.

Syler learning to resist people's powers. I wonder why he didn't kill Claire's dad? Maybe because he was waiting to get his hands on Eden?

How about the Hatian mute guy who can talk after all. Interesting how he chose to not wipe Claire.

And what was that with the dinosaur fighting Hiro? Maybe he is in a museum? Somehow I doubt he shifts that far into the past?

And finally Vanguard, thanks but I posted that Syler question before last week's episode. Obviously that was case after last week but was his power revealed or just hinted at prior to last week?

Comment

"I really need to find that sword."

Best line of the show!

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
          Well the ending was kind of unexpected with Peter being the one who blows up New York City in the future. And the Hatian can talk! Finally Matt Parkman has meant the other heroes.

I hope the next 6 weeks their replay the old Heroes episodes. I wish they would air the first one again.
          I'm really split in the Peter revelation. Perhaps in the original timeline, Sylar assimilated Ted's power, killed Claire, and then used Ted's power plus Claire's invincibility to make a great destructive power. With Future Hiro's intervention, things changed. So why is Peter destructive?

I have two ideas, and neither of them portray Peter as willingly being destructive. One is that Ted or Sylar are nearby, and his mimicry powers have increased to the point that he can mimic superpowers of people far away or that he met a relative while ago. He mimics the power, but not intentionally. That's not a big possibility, since Ted or Sylar aren't in Peter's dream.

The other idea is that being with all those Heroes at Peter's early stage of mimicry is causing a severe overload. Remember when Mr. Bennet told Sylar he has several powers, and theorized to him that perhaps taking all those powers has made him unstable? Perhaps being by so many superpowers made him physiologically unstable, thus the destructive power has nothing to do with Ted's radioactive ability.

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
          well, as usual this episode answered a few questions but opened up a lot more.

Syler learning to resist people's powers. I wonder why he didn't kill Claire's dad? Maybe because he was waiting to get his hands on Eden?
          Either that, or the Haitian was nearby with his necklace, or Mr. Bennet has a similar necklace that causes the superpowers distortion.

How about the Hatian mute guy who can talk after all. Interesting how he chose to not wipe Claire.
          I always figured he could talk, but chose not to. I'm glad we finally heard his voice :P

I think his choice not to wipe Claire's mind was not so much a move of mercy or compassion, but a tactical one.

When Claire first discovered her powers, what did she do? She made videos of herself getting hurt, a couple of people found out about her powers, etc. If Claire stays aware, she will be careful. She saw what happened when the wrong people knew about her powers, or thought they knew someone who had her powers.

And what was that with the dinosaur fighting Hiro? Maybe he is in a museum? Somehow I doubt he shifts that far into the past?
          Maybe Hiro meets Peter, and then Peter somehow takes them both to a time when such a creature existed. We shall see.
          According to spoilers, Hiro will find his sword in a museum. I suppose he uses his time stopping abilities to pilfer said sword

And finally Vanguard, thanks but I posted that Syler question before last week's episode. Obviously that was case after last week but was his power revealed or just hinted at prior to last week?
          His powers seemed quite apparent in last week's episode. Excuse me please if I made a point that you made already :P
          Last edited by helen; December 5, 2006, 08:33 AM. Reason: fix it so the spoiler works

Comment

Peter seem to be not feeling well while in custody, of course it started with him meeting Matt. And before that he dreamed of meeting Nathan and Sylar. So there might be another hero in the building, one that fortells the future.

Which brings up the following points:

1) Mr. Bennett or Eden just let Issac go without mind wiping me, this might cause a loose end on Mr. Bennett's side.
            2) I begin to wonder if either Hiro or Peter has meet the most heros in the series.
            3) In this past episode we don't know if either Eden or Sylar got shot. The twist might be that while Sylar dies, his power get's transferred to Eden and she becomes the evil one.

Comment

3) In this past episode we don't know if either Eden or Sylar got shot. The twist might be that while Sylar dies, his power get's transferred to Eden and she becomes the evil one.
              I really don't think Eden wanted to kill Sylar for revenge...I get the feeling she did it on purpose.

It'd make sense if Dr. Suresh found Eden the same way he found the others, so I wonder how long she actually was with him. Perhaps her abilities were honed enough for her to figure out that she could absorb all these "powers" as well once she killed Sylar and that's why she killed him?
              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
              We're not here to mess around
              Boston, you know we love you madly
              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
              You know we couldn't live without you
              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Peter seem to be not feeling well while in custody, of course it started with him meeting Matt. And before that he dreamed of meeting Nathan and Sylar. So there might be another hero in the building, one that fortells the future.
                This is a good idea, but IMO, not necessarily. Peter's dream in "Six Months Ago" about Nathan and Heidi was accurate, and this was before he met Isaac, or anyone else (besides Nathan of course). That wasn't necessarily the future he saw, but definetely not a regular dream either.

Which brings up the following points:

1) Mr. Bennett or Eden just let Issac go without mind wiping me, this might cause a loose end on Mr. Bennett's side.
                I'm leaning toward Eden. She was against drugging Isaac, and it seemed throughout, she had her own agenda, even if she didn't always act on it. Or maybe they did mind wipe Isaac, but he somehow had a vision of what happened (his sketches of Hiro and Charlie were in the past, so it seems Isaac is not limited to the future as we know it).

2) I begin to wonder if either Hiro or Peter has meet the most heros in the series.
                Let's see;

Hiro: Micah, DL, Isaac, Nathan, Charlie.
                Future Hiro: Peter (IMO, this shouldn't count, but I'm putting it here anyway)
                Peter: Nathan, Isaac, Claire, Matt, Sylar (not a "Hero", but a guy with abilities), Future Hiro

Peter is meant to have the most connections, IMO, so he probably wins the "meeting game" unless you count Hiro as having met Peter (I wont count it personally until present Hiro meets Peter).

Nice, I hadn't even thought about that possibility. Everyone had said we would lose Eden, but it could be a post mid-season plot twist for the fans

Comment

As for Eden ... please read the online comic at nbc.com. I will not spoil it here. A lot of the little in-between moments are in the comic like what happened after Claire hit the wall with the car. Who killed all the people playing poker at the table in Las Vegas.
                  just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

You forgot that Hiro met that girl who could absorb information.

I heard that Eden bucked for more money, and was killed off.
                    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                      You forgot that Hiro met that girl who could absorb information.
                      No, I didn't. I mentioned Charlie (Charlene).

Comment

While tonight's episodes are repeats they did mention that the new episodes start on January 22, 2007 (which would be two weeks from now).

By any chance has either NBC or the Sci-Fi replayed the first episode of this series?

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador View Post
                          As for Eden ... please read the online comic at nbc.com. I will not spoil it here. A lot of the little in-between moments are in the comic like what happened after Claire hit the wall with the car. Who killed all the people playing poker at the table in Las Vegas.
                          Another thing about the online comics: just because the show is on hiatus doesn't mean the comics are. New comics have still been coming out almost weekly. A new Hero has been introduced in the last 2 issues with part 3 coming out this week. I can't wait!

Comment

I finally watched the first episode on-line on the NBC web site. They finally got all of them on-line.

Comment

I finally watched the first episode on-line on the NBC web site. They finally got all of them on-line.
                              Nice, thanks for that, Helen! I was hoping they'd make all the episodes available someday, as opposed to the Fox website recaps which only go back 4 episodes. Yay NBC :P

Comment

Ten days before "Heroes" returns! With several of the other shows I watch having also gone on break, it was a long few weeks. Frankly, I'm hoping I can get psyched up and ramped up again when the show returns Jan. 22. The jury's still out on whether "no reruns" is worth "big puka in the middle."

Keeping up with the comics, zff? I gotta admit, curious as I am, I never went looking.

Comment

Working...
                                X