"Heroes" on NBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Heroes" on NBC

Another great episode. Claire's dad! (Though some suspected, because of the somewhat forced dialogue between Claire and Peter about long lost uncles.) Peter can "remember" powers! Nikki is back on the loose, and so is Sylar (and just imagine if those two hooked up).

Favorite easter-egg: the license plate on Mr. Yamagato's (Hiro's dad) car: NCC-1701.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
      Favorite easter-egg: the license plate on Mr. Yamagato's (Hiro's dad) car: NCC-1701.
      Aw, I missed that! Good one!!!!

Comment

I was thinking about how far this show can go. After the current story arc they could go anywhere - alien invasion? people from the future attack present time? dinosaurs in f14's? Heroes can do it! =p
        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
          I was thinking about how far this show can go. After the current story arc they could go anywhere - alien invasion? people from the future attack present time? dinosaurs in f14's? Heroes can do it! =p
          For the first 2 seasons, it will probably be Sylar and other evil superpowered's, as well as organized crime (Linderman?).

I loved Hiro's lines. "Waffles are very good. You would like them."

Claire's real mother is played by the same actress who played LJ's mother on Prison Break, for anyone who cares :P

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
            Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
            Aw, I missed that! Good one!!!!
            Ok, I got a screencap:

Comment

that is trippy maaan
              can't wait to tell my roomate that
              and hes ultimate STAR TREK fan

Comment

How about deciphering for those of us who doesn't know what NCC-1701 means?

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                  How about deciphering for those of us who doesn't know what NCC-1701 means?
                  Ah, of course.

Comment

NCC-1701 is the hull number on the USS Enterprise in the original Star Trek series. It's on at least 3 places (I guess 5 in all) on the starship itself, the most obvious is on the side of the warp engine.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, tho. Some people I know don't know it, and I don't even know Voyager's hull id.

I am surprised that they didn't go with NCC-2000 which would be the USS Excelsior which Sulu (George Takei) commanded in the Star Trek 6 movie.
                    Last edited by helen; February 6, 2007, 09:50 AM.

Comment

I am hoping this wonderful series does not get off-track with the Star Trek invasion. I LOVE Star Trek and (ahem, showing my age here..) was an avid watcher of the series when it originally aired week by slow week... same as with Heroes now. But Heroes can stand on its own with no problem and I prefer it that way. (So, I understand from some of these posts that the invisible man was the latest actor to play Dr. Who, a series I started watching in the 70's when PBS played the black and white version of a wild-haired doctor. I wish they broadcast those later versions here but I haven't seen any since Davison? The ex-Tristan from All Creatures Great and Small.) Makes one wonder who they gonna throw in next... Any guesses? My vote is for Buckaroo Bonzai... lol

I like how the story lines are progressing. Maybe a little faster than a herd of snails racing in interesting trails to a common finish line (though not all make it...). Hiro is my favorite also. He is the idealist in us all.

Deb~
                      Speak to me in quiet ways, of moonlit nights and halcyon days~

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                        For Hiro, there is a possibilty that his family business could fund his adventures.
                        Nice guess, but I think Hiro's just going to make friends with Micah, and beg him to keep using the ATM over and over :P "I saved your daddy! Now make with the money!" *Micah goes to ATM, gets thousands of dollars* *Ando picks up all the money* *Hiro goes with newly monied Ando, to the bathroom* "This is how we roll!"

Well forget the last part!

Seriously, I don't think Hiro needs money, really. Once his powers mature, he will be able to teleport wherever he wants to go. Transportation costs = $0 (unless Ando is still traveling with him by then, but I believe eventually Hiro will travel alone). Hiro can just keep teleporting to his Japanese apartment for rest, or even to his father's or sister's house, or to the home of one of his newly found friends (or even Ando's house!) so lodging costs = $0 . He can be the guy who always bums 2 slices of pizza off his friends, so food costs = $0 !

Comment

I guess no one was impressed with tonights episode?
                          Dropping the Sulu name was overkill.
                          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Let's see Linderman is using Jessica as a hit woman. I can understand him wanting his ex-lawyer who stole from him dead. But what does he have to gain in killing Nathan?

And Sylar's new power whatever it does, doesn't seem to be effective against plastic.

Comment

where the heck was PETER?!?!?

me maaad

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                                I guess no one was impressed with tonights episode?
                                I liked it. ("Sulu" would've worked for me, if we hadn't, you know, seen Sulu.) Again, went by too fast, a sign of an enjoyable show. Lots of teeth-gnashing "the audience knows stuff the characters don't" moments. When Sylar turned up at the shortlived 'melty hero' guy's house, when Claire didn't meet her biological dad, when Jessica sent Matt after her Nikki ghost...

My wife observed that there seem to be a lot more nefarious, or at least non-heroic, female characters than male characters. Women you love to hate. Matt's wife Janice. Nathan's mom Angela. Claire's mother Meredith. Hope!

Sandra Bennet is certainly turning out to be a tragic character. Speaking of... they sure dropped the Heidi Petrelli subplot quickly.

The only thing that bugged me was Matt's stairway encounter with Jessica. He could hear her thoughts in the elevator, planning the ambush, but standing right next to her, when we are shown her thinking and realizing that Matt doesn't know Nikki doesn't exist separately, he doesn't pick up at all that she's sending him on a wild goose chase?
                                Originally posted by DannyWilliams
                                where the heck was PETER?
                                As with any ensemble show, we're not going to see every character every episode. We get that Peter is central, somehow. I didn't mind spending some time with others this week. And there are still some missing faces. Where's Ted? And I'm confident we haven't seen the last of little Molly (especially as it's quite clear superpowers have a genetic component).

So, next week, "someone dies." Doesn't neccessarily imply a hero, either.

Comment

Working...
                                X