Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Heroes" on NBC

Originally posted by zff View Post
    One of the revelations I found interesting is that the mysterious Primatech Paper people actually work for Linderman. Previously, we were led to believe there were two large organizations that sought out and employed heroes, Linderman and Primatech. I always thought Primatech was some sort of secret government agency, while Linderman was, of course, a corporation. Both are obviously very well-funded. Now it looks like the Linderman Group is actually the only league of Heroes that exists so far.
    I believe it's all of the above. Perhaps Primatech works under Linderman (not even HRG [Mr. Bennet] knew his real boss) but Linderman has his own personal agendas and projects that he would not involve Primatech with, and may even be opposed to Primatech in some way (Linderman seems to believe that chaos leads to ultimate harmony).

Don't forget Yamagato Industries in Japan -- where do they fit into all of this? Remember the Devereaux roof scene when Claire was given to HRG? Several of the Company agents including HRG spoke Japanese. It seems to me that Yamagato and Kaito Nakamura are very high on the totem pole.

Comment

Helen: Thanks for the fix!

Zff: That makes sense to me about Hiro. I missed part of the show last night due to a momentary untimely distraction
      How did the cheerleader revive Peter?

Comment

Adri: You're referring to something that happened in the recently aired episode 1.19 ".07%", so I don't think it needs spoiler tags.

Remember 1.04 when the coroner pulled the stick out of Claire's head and she revived? It's all about the brain. When Claire pulled out the glass in Peter's head, he revived as well. IMO, had Nathan pulled it out, it's possible that Peter would not have revived. Claire had to be there for the regeneration to work autonomically, and not consciously.

Comment

I didn't think Nathan was aware that there was a piece of glass in Peter's head.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            I didn't think Nathan was aware that there was a piece of glass in Peter's head.
            Probably not -- not until Claire removed it anyway. I'm not saying there was an in-story method as to why Claire removed it (i.e. Nathan was waitin for Claire to do it), but I do think the writers arranged it that way. Again, when a "Hero" is close to Peter, he can use their power on the autonomic level. When Claude taught him how to do otherwise, it enabled Peter to use powers when the Heroes were not nearby, but they are no longer autonomic, and require some level of consciousness.

Comment

*Heroes fan'atic checks in*

Aloha all! <thanks Ryan..>

Dang, I gotta check out the online comic!

Comment

• Re: &quot;Heroes&quot; on NBC

Tonight's episode was television at its finest!

Future Hiro was quite awesome, and Future Peter looked a bit like Neo, but whatever :P

Comment

The plot is twisty and detail oriented but not so much that I just give up a la the end seasons of the X-Files or Lost. And Future Hiro
                  isn't evil.

Comment

wow, they need to have heroes on every night!

how can they capture 200 mutants? wouldnt they fight back, or do they all just have the power to grow their fingernails? =p
                    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

An interesting what-if episode. I guess it's up to present Hiro and Ando to save the day.

It does not explain why Peter blew up in the first place but I guess in the next episode or two it should. Also wondering how come Parkman did not think that Nathan wasn't the real one?

Comment

I was wondering why Parkman's talent seemed spotty in this ep too. Maybe Silar absorbed a power that allowed him to block mind-reading?

Comment

How does Parkman move from NY to Texas and back so fast?
                          just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

interesting 'Iceman vs. Pyro' insinuated ending between Na'ylar and Peter

I'm assuming Sylar, at that point, could've already absorbed a 'Haitian like' meta-human/mutant

...another great episode... just wish we didn't have to wait another 7 days to see the next episode (and kinda wished they showed more of Masi Oka's real-life kendo ability!)

Cheers folks!

Comment

it kind of reminds me of the xmen genosha story arc that they sort of did in xmen the movies.
                              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                                It does not explain why Peter blew up in the first place but I guess in the next episode or two it should. Also wondering how come Parkman did not think that Nathan wasn't the real one?
                                I'm guessing President Sylarathan ordered the Haitian (who has loyalties to Nathan's mother so it seems) to stay with Matt -- but then again, The Haitian would cancel out Sylar's illusion, so that doesn't work. Perhaps the President gave a simple order to Matt to stay away, so he would be unable to read Matt's mind; matters of national security or something

Comment

Working...
                                X