Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Heroes" on NBC

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
    I had to go hunting but here's where the registration stuff first pops up in the X universe:

http://www.answers.com/topic/registration-acts

I knew I wasn't misremembering!
    It's exactly like Days of Future Past. Byrne was way ahead of his time and is still impacting popular culture today as the kids back then are now all grown up and still influenced by his work.

This episode takes the show to another level in my book. I can't wait till next week.

Comment

Omigod! How have I managed to not watch this show all this time? I just spent the last week or so catching up on all 20 episodes, and the last hour reading this thread. What a fun, fun show.

Some thoughts that I haven't seen anyone mention yet:

In the dark post-bomb future, it seems clear that Sylar has killed Nathan. I wonder when that happened? But, considering that Hiro and Ando have fled that future back to the present and probably won't be returning, I suspect we'll never find out.

Hiro's dad, Nakamura Kaito, is probably a hero. And maybe big sister Kimiko is, too! (Nakamura Saemi, who plays Kimiko, reminds me of Mizunoe Jun, who played Mitsuko decades ago on Kikaida. I'm not sure exactly why, because they don't really look that much alike, but I can't shake the mental link my subconscious has made between the two.)

Linderman is Ozymandias, from Alan Moore's Watchmen. They both want to save the world, but in their eyes the only way to save the world is to take control of it.

I wonder what became of Linderman in that future? Is he dead? In hiding? Or is he still behind the curtains, with Peter and Bennet as his agents in Nevada and Texas respectively?

What's more, I suspect Linderman is Nathan and Peter's biological father. After all, their mother, Angela, has clearly alluded to being a hero herself -- who knows what went on back when Linderman and Angela were younger? I predict that we'll eventually get a flashback to those days, including a first look at Pops Petrelli, who we haven't even seen a photograph of yet. And if it's true, then that would fit well with Claire's healing abilities, too...

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        In the dark post-bomb future, it seems clear that Sylar has killed Nathan. I wonder when that happened? But, considering that Hiro and Ando have fled that future back to the present and probably won't be returning, I suspect we'll never find out.
        In the middle of the episode, Hiro says something to Bennet about entrusting him with hiding DL Hawkins, Molly Walker, and Candace Wilmer. Later we found out that he has a deal with Matt Parkman to turn over the more dangerous people while he can hide the less dangerous. So we can infer that at some point, Bennet turned over Candace to Matt in Homeland Security, but she was somehow intercepted by Sylar (this is a sticky issue because of course, without Candace, he can't make illusions yet, so perhaps he was using a low-tech, powerless way to spy on Bennet or Matt).

After Sylar gets Candace, we can further infer that he impersonates a Secret Service Agent, gets close to Nathan, then takes his power and impersonates him as President. He does it for power, and so he can use Homeland Security's resources to track down Nathan's biological daughter Claire (and probably because being a US President is cool, coveted job).

Now that Sylar flew in front of all those people (and presumably television cameras from all over the world caught this footage), Sylar is done with the charade. If that future was allowed to go on, he'd probably rule the world like General Zod in Superman 2.

I wonder what became of Linderman in that future? Is he dead? In hiding? Or is he still behind the curtains, with Peter and Bennet as his agents in Nevada and Texas respectively?
        Primatech Paper HQ looks like it's in ruins, so I doubt Linderman is alive or Primatech is a viable entity in this future. As for Kaito Nakamura and Yamagato Industries, that's a good question. I believe Linderman is gone during this timeline. The "Linderman Act" -- it sounds like an act named after the victim of something, similar to Megan's Law. So I'm thinking that Linderman died, perhaps in the explosion that Peter caused in that timeline.

What's more, I suspect Linderman is Nathan and Peter's biological father. After all, their mother, Angela, has clearly alluded to being a hero herself -- who knows what went on back when Linderman and Angela were younger? I predict that we'll eventually get a flashback to those days, including a first look at Pops Petrelli, who we haven't even seen a photograph of yet. And if it's true, then that would fit well with Claire's healing abilities, too...
        Ugh, noooooo Too many people on this show are closely related. No more! It would be perfectly acceptable if Mr. Petrelli had no powers and Angela had powers, and they produced two children with powers. Don't forget though, Linderman could still be the father of Meredith, the biological mother of Claire (the woman who can control fire).

Comment

For those people who watch Heroes outside of Hawaii, did the voice audio dropped a couple of times during the May 7 episode? One scene was between Molly and Suresh, when Molly gave Suresh the star. The other was when Hiro and Sylar fought.

I suspect that while Peter has absorbed Ted's power at the end of the episode he is not going to explode now or in a couple of minutes into the episode since Matt and Bennett is standing next to Peter and they make to the future 5 years later.

Comment

There's an interview with "Heroes" creator Tim Kring in the latest Wired (Hiro is on the cover) in which he again concedes that "LOST" was one of the primary inspirations for his NBC series. And episodes like tonight, with things like snow globes, mommy issues, and yet more random crossovers, make that pretty clear. It's "LOST Lite." But I like it anyway.

By the way, Molly Walker resurfacing? We guessed that last October.

After last week's "Five Years" future episode, it was hard to get back into the flow of the original timeline. At least, I'm guessing that's what it was, as I felt tonight's episode was all over the map... kind of a last sharp inhale before the next two season ending episodes.

Comment

too much talky, not enough boomy
              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Okay, I missed the taping the first half of May 7 episodes, so I watched the rest of it.

So, what did I missed in the first 30 minutes?

Oh, and how do I get NBC or KHNL to re-air the episode on Saturday?
                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

If you have access to the Sci-Fi channel it will re-air tonight's episode on Friday afternoon. I think it airs at 4pm (HST).

Comment

Sylar's mom was a little loony, now we know where he gets it from

BTW, I do not recall hearing any sound drops or delays, Helen.

Comment

I watch it from a Canadian station and there weren't any sound drops that I noticed.

Syler's mom was flaky but it was flaky in a way that made me wonder about Syler's daddy....something tells me he was a real piece of work.

This was defiantly a loose strings gathering type episode. Not that they tied any up, but at least they're all together. Oooorrrr....it's a three stage set-up:

1. Hello scat, got yourself together I see.

2. Scat meet fan....Hello fan... (next week)

3. DUCK! (season ending and the waiting to see where the splatter lands begins)

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                        Sylar's mom was a little loony, now we know where he gets it from

BTW, I do not recall hearing any sound drops or delays, Helen.

Btw, Sylar's Mom looks like the same actress who starred in "Little Shop OF Horrors" w/ Rick Moranis/Steve Martin?..... Wasn't she the love interest who wore blond hair?
                        Anyways I have not looked at IMDB to verify

And if you have iTunes (per episode fee) or NBC's website has their shows online you can play catch up if you miss the broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                          Btw, Sylar's Mom looks like the same actress who starred in "Little Shop OF Horrors" w/ Rick Moranis/Steve Martin?..... Wasn't she the love interest who wore blond hair?
                          Anyways I have not looked at IMDB to verify

And if you have iTunes (per episode fee) or NBC's website has their shows online you can play catch up if you miss the broadcast.
                          You're right, she played Audry.

http://www.alicia-logic.com/capspage...asp?titleid=62

Comment

I did hear the sound spike at one point.

I beleive you can watch the episode on nbc.com, or download it on bitorrent or newsgroups.
                            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                              If you have access to the Sci-Fi channel it will re-air tonight's episode on Friday afternoon. I think it airs at 4pm (HST).
                              Sorry. No cable. No broadband service. And yes, I'm one of the rare people in Hawaii that don't have a cell phone.

Oh, yeah. I hate All Things Apple.
                              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

super sulu! (his powers are to teach kendo in 4 hours)
                                I guess DL knows what brains feels like now.
                                Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Working...
                                X