Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Heroes

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
    Being a sales guy, I'd like the power of the Purple Man. (a Daredevil villian that besides being purple, had the power to control people by simply making suggestions. Kind of like a Jedi mind trick but much more powerful.)
    Eden from Heroes seems to have the very same power.

And I bet the Radiation Man will be tied into the plot about NYC being nuked. He's probably the way the city is destroyed in one version of the future.
    I imagine that Sylar will take Radiation Man's power (he'll probably take his brain), and then realize he needs to survive the destruction, so he'll need Claire's power; thus why they're all trying to save the cheerleader.

Comment

• Re: "Heroes" on NBC

Agreed on Eden's apparent ability.

Actually, I thought the interaction between her and Mr. Bennett was interesting, again furthering Mr. Bennett as a complex character. He's not as evil as he was made out to be, but he's also not exactly good.

He's flawed, and clearly acts questionably (Eden seemed to think his willingness to cut corners with the drugs was out of character for him) when he has a very personal stake in the outcome. Yet we also know, therefore, that his affection for Claire is real.

Comment

Did I miss how Isaac wound up in their care? He did not seem to question who these people are...
        Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

Eden visited Issac a couple of episodes ago in his apartment. How she managed to drag him out of there is another question.

I suspect Mr. Bennet's organization might have a good of people who handle the super hero types. So far we have seen Eden, the quiet guy who can surpress the ability and Mr. Bennet himself.

I don't if the exterminator who visited Molinda's apartment is a Bennet's operative or not.

Then again is the rich but never seen guy Mr. Linderman, the boss, a flunkie or an alias of Mr. Bennet.

Comment

Was watching a replay of Monday's episode on Sci-Fi today. I guess one of the series signatures is waffles.

The waitress said "Bento Box with shrimp" to Hiro and Ando.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
              Eden from Heroes seems to have the very same power.
              ahh, that makes sense now. her power is subtle though. or she uses it in a very limited capacity.

I imagine that Sylar will take Radiation Man's power (he'll probably take his brain), and then realize he needs to survive the destruction, so he'll need Claire's power; thus why they're all trying to save the cheerleader.
              that makes sense as well. ah well, radiation man isn't a hero, he's a tragic character.

by the previews this week, the coming week's episode will reveal a lot. I'm glad to see that they won't drag this plotline out forever.

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
                ahh, that makes sense now. her power is subtle though. or she uses it in a very limited capacity.
                If her character survives, then we may see her develop it. Pretty much everyone is still learning how to use their powers and are all far from their full potential.

Comment

bah, empty promises. it didnt reveal anything.
                  Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

It's a start of something. Sylar is able to cut the tops of heads off with his powers and if enough people gang up on him, he can be stop.

Of course with this episode we can rule out Peter, Mr Bennet, Eden, the quiet guy and Matt as being Sylar.

Then again Sylar is able to make mistakes, some how while he knew where to go to get Claire, he manages to kill Jackie first thinking she was the one from the newspaper article.
                    Last edited by helen; November 20, 2006, 08:43 PM. Reason: adding more text

Comment

unless jackie was the cheerleader that should have been saved (preventing peter's mistaken arrest)
                      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Hey Heroes fans! Where do you see this show going a year or two from now? Will our Heroes form a team like the X-men or get LOST and lose it's fan base? For me, I just don't know. I hate to see Heroes become a one season wonder like LOST or Surface.
                        Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                        Flickr

Comment

hmm this weeks episode was a little disappointing. I wonder what they will do to Syler? I guess Jedi-Mind-Trick girl's power is more formidable than I expected.

She did seem very confident of herself in the face of a very powerful mutant. His power of telekenesis does make him dangerous but his head cutting ability seems to require him to be fairly close up.

When was it proven or disclosed that he absorbs folks powers when he cuts their heads open.

I won't let fretting over next season ruin it for me. I am very happy about where this season is going. the very fact that a gritty "superhero" drama on primetime tv can be a success is good news for me :-)

Comment

The funny part to tonight's episode is when Hiro goes 6 months in the past, calls Japan to talk to Ando but instead talks to himself.

Is it seems that Sylar is killing others to gain their power.

Comment

Good episode tonight. Definitely a step up from last week.

But how much more "LOST" can "Heroes" get? 'Twas an all flashback, in which we learn how Locke... I mean, how Heidi ended up in her wheelchair, where we see more characters have crossed paths, and where -- in the end -- we're exactly where we were at the end of the last episode.

We finally meet Syler (how perfect a "day job" for a bad guy!), Nikki had a big "reveal," we have a cameo by "David" from CSI (a short-lived hero!), we see Hiro come to terms with the limits of his previously seemingly unlimited power...

And next week is the last episode until next year. Ugh. Two long hiatuses (hiatusae?) for two great shows to endure at the same time?

Comment

What about the dang marks on their necks and the meaning of the symbol on Jessica's shoulder?

I hate getting hooked like this. Grrr...

Comment

Working...
                                X