"Heroes" on NBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Heroes" on NBC

What exactly was Sylar's 1st power-was it just being able to see/hear what is wrong with something and it grew from there?
    I am curious to see how exactly Sylar gains the power after killing them...he better not be drinking blood LOL Just touching the raw brain perhaps? And does this mean that his ability and Peter's are similiar in some ways? Just that Peter does not need to kill to absorb a power?

I guess Eden was successful in getting at least Claire's pic off the Dr. Suresh's list since Sylar killed the wrong cheerleader...

I wonder what excuse Fly boy gave to Heidi as to why he disappeared out of the car way b4 the impact-unless she blacked out everything

I can see Jessica protecting her sister and causing her not to remember anything-but how does the super strength ability come into play? Is this going to turn into a sort of Phoenix saga storyline?
    Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

The brains alway missing so maybe he eats the brain? Or he has a flip top head and adds it to his own =p The body was frozen at one scene, so I guess he eats someone with iceman like abilities.

Only one more episode til next year?!!?!
      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
        But how much more "LOST" can "Heroes" get? 'Twas an all flashback, in which we learn how Locke... I mean, how Heidi ended up in her wheelchair, where we see more characters have crossed paths, and where -- in the end -- we're exactly where we were at the end of the last episode.
        Prison Break did the exact same thing in episode 1.16 "Brother's Keeper". Just as the "serial" tv show has now become popular, each serial TV series now has a flashback episode that brings the characters 6 months ago, 3 years ago, etc. It typically occurs in mid season 1.

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
        When was it proven or disclosed that he absorbs folks powers when he cuts their heads open.
        In this last episode "Six Months Ago", he killed the telekinesis guy, and Sylar used the same power to impress Chandra Suresh in the next scene they had.

Originally posted by bueller555 View Post
        What about the dang marks on their necks and the meaning of the symbol on Jessica's shoulder?
        It's not just on Jessica's shoulder. This is from Wikipedia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_...ies%29#Symbols ):

Appearing frequently throughout the series is a symbol which strongly resembles an RNA molecule. Said appearances include:

In a crime scene's swimming pool. Several flotation devices float in this shape.
        Frequently on a computer screen, scrolling across a genetic profiling program created by Chandra Suresh.
        On a drawing done by Peter Petrelli.
        On paintings Isaac Mendez frequently makes.
        On a post-it note on the map in Mohinder Suresh's apartment.
        Written on a geometry textbook owned by Claire Bennet.
        Written on pictures in Sylar's apartment.
        On Niki's back whenever her alternate personality surfaces.
        Engraved on the hilt of future Hiro's sword.
        Printed on the front of Chandra Suresh's book, Activating Evolution.
        Printed on the upper-left corner of the 14th issue of 9th Wonders! comic book, written by Isaac Mendez.
        On a necklace worn by the Haitian.
        On a picture of Niki painted by Isaac. The symbol was hidden under an extra layer of paint.
        Drawn on a Greyhound bus sign, seen right before D.L. spots the runaway Micah in the episode Homecoming.
        A second symbol, consisting of two parallel lines, has appeared on the necks of two super-powered characters immediately after being abducted by the Haitian:

Matt Parkman, the telepathic policeman from Los Angeles.
        Ted Sprague, a character who possesses the ability to emit radiation.

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
        The brains alway missing so maybe he eats the brain? Or he has a flip top head and adds it to his own =p The body was frozen at one scene, so I guess he eats someone with iceman like abilities.
        Sylar's original ability was to see the inner workings of things. He was able to see Dr. Suresh's broken watch and he was able to see the brain anomalies in the man who had telekinesis abilities. *How* exactly he absorbs these powers is not 100% known. He could be eating the brains, or he could be somehow analyzing them (sans skull) and "mimicing" the abnormal process (not in the same way that Peter mimics, though).

I can't see this guy eating brains, though. Nor do I see him with a flip top head :P

Comment

Vanguard! My hero! What an amazing post~ You pretty well boxed it up, put a nice ribbon on it and a big bow!

(Thinking to myself...I need to print that out and save it for when I get confused or mixed up on the storyline.... a cheat sheet! Yes~)

Thanks bunches!

Deb
          Speak to me in quiet ways, of moonlit nights and halcyon days~

Comment

Originally posted by Debwhosmiles View Post
            Vanguard! My hero! What an amazing post~ You pretty well boxed it up, put a nice ribbon on it and a big bow
            Aww shucks, thanks

I'm a big big fan of this series, so I really enjoy writing these posts

Comment

TV ads on NBC has been hinting one hero is going to die on this coming Monday episode. I am guessing:

Nathan or Eden

Comment

In response to helen's post...

I'm thinking it's Eden. For some reason I don't see Nathan killed off because he does win the election, after all. They need to keep him around for at least a few more episodes. There's even juicier news on Heroes spoiler sites!
                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                We're not here to mess around
                Boston, you know we love you madly
                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                You know we couldn't live without you
                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

From what I've read;

According to some reliable sources on a television discussion website, it will be Eden who dies in the next episode. I think Sylar will find a way to resist her power and she will die that way.

As for Nathan, I've heard that Nathan's election campaign will be a major subplot during the 2nd half of season 1, so I don't think he's leaving the show anytime soon.

I just hope they don't keep killing good characters they way they've done on Prison Break.

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
                    Hey Heroes fans! Where do you see this show going a year or two from now? Will our Heroes form a team like the X-men or get LOST and lose it's fan base? For me, I just don't know. I hate to see Heroes become a one season wonder like LOST or Surface.
                    Lost???? They are on their 4th season aren't they?
                    Sally
                    Mr508ma's better half..lol

www.SallyBowers.com
                    http://www.myspace.com/sallyab

Comment

Here's an odd, behind-the-scenes story from the random guy who previously owned the laptop that Micah took apart in a recent episode (his grandfather gives it to him, but is then enraged when he sees it in pieces only minutes later). The seller put it on eBay, the buyer said it could be on TV, the seller said "get out!" But it turned out to be true.

I'm still bummed that Monday's episode will be the last until 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                        I'm still bummed that Monday's episode will be the last until 2007.
                        Yeah, it seems all the serials like Prison Break and Heroes are going on hiatus around this time. I'm hoping they air some reruns, so new fans have a chance to play catch-up though. The more fans we have, the more likely chances this show has for long term survival

I think DVD sales will be great and the international market will take to it though.

Comment

Another tidbit for the "Heroes" obsessed. Access Hollywood has put online a few short clips from Monday's mini-season finale. The usual spoiler warnings apply. Of course, the online video is so compressed, you can barely see what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                            TV ads on NBC has been hinting one hero is going to die on this coming Monday episode.
                            Hmmm, if I remember right the TV ads are saying "a hero will be lost". It didn't say one will die. In that case I will change by guess to:
                            Either Hiro (at 40%) or Peter (60%) being lost in the past or dare I say it in the future.

But we will find out tonight.
                            Last edited by helen; December 4, 2006, 02:20 PM. Reason: correcting the spelling of guess (was guest)

Comment

My reaction to this spoiler;

It may actually be Hiro since there is a picture of him fighting a dinosaur with his sword. But before Hiro goes anywhere, he needs to talk to his father (played by George Takei) and he needs to get his sword. So until those things happens, I don't think Hiro is going anywhere for long.

Comment

hiro Vs Teh Dinosaur Overlordz!!!1
                                Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Working...
                                X