Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Survivor 13 :Cook Islands

Originally posted by blueyecicle
    Since when has any reality TV had any nobility!!! It's exploitation at it's finest!
    Absolutely! ITA. But is it okay, really?

Why do the producers feel the need to present it as a "social experiment"? I doubt that many are going to fall for that lame defense.

Comment

Well, I still disagree with the whole idea. I find it unecessary and foolish. But I will probably watch anyways...I have no shame
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

It looks like this daring marketing ploy may very well have blown up in "Survivor"'s face.

GM, Home Depot, United Parcel, Coca-Cola, and Campbell's Soup have all pulled their ads from the show.

GM had one-fifth of the advertising spots on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
          GM, Home Depot, United Parcel, Coca-Cola, and Campbell's Soup have all pulled their ads from the show.

GM had one-fifth of the advertising spots on the show.
          Oh thank goodness! I was so sick of seeing the ads for the GMC FooCityOfTheYear and how each survivor is like said GMC gas guzzler because ____.

Do you have a link to a story talking about it? I'd be interested in reading it.

To be honest with you I'm sorta playing devil's advocate because that was my first thought when I heard what they were gonna do: what?!? Sounded pretty dumb and a little offensive. But then a lot of things they do are dumb, and I was watching it before, so hey... I'm not a Neilsen box zombie so no one who's counting viewers is gonna know

Comment

Originally posted by Bard
            Oh thank goodness! I was so sick of seeing the ads for the GMC FooCityOfTheYear and how each survivor is like said GMC gas guzzler because ____.

Do you have a link to a story talking about it? I'd be interested in reading it.

To be honest with you I'm sorta playing devil's advocate because that was my first thought when I heard what they were gonna do: what?!? Sounded pretty dumb and a little offensive. But then a lot of things they do are dumb, and I was watching it before, so hey... I'm not a Neilsen box zombie so no one who's counting viewers is gonna know
            There is a good article in the NY Times but its availability is limited to those who are willing to pay for it.

Here's another link:

http://www.mediabuyerplanner.com/200..._join_gm_in_d/

Comment

Oh my. Take a look at this article, an interview with "Survivor" host Jeff Probst. Yes, I realize he has nothing to do with the decision making aspects of the show but I really have to question the intelligence of those who allowed him to be interviewed.

Is this guy dumb as a stump or what?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...090701647.html

Comment

Man, this is really getting interesting.

Come on, RN, why are you THAT upset over this????

Perhaps a certain demographic only having 25% of the share........
                Last edited by nachodaddy; September 15, 2006, 06:05 PM. Reason: syntax
                You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy
                  Man, this is really getting interesting.

Come on, RN, why are THAT upset over this????

Perhaps a certain demographic only having 25% of the share........
                  LOL...truth is, I'm bored poopless.

I was waiting for a few phone calls, just passing the time. Got interested, got curious. So shoot me.

Do you really think I would get terribly bent out of shape over "a certain demographic only having 25% of the share"? Share of what---the viewing audience of a show I don't watch? And just what demographic would that be?

Amazing conclusion. Not a terribly logical deduction---where'd that come from?

Comment

Amazing conclusion. Not a terribly logical deduction---where'd that come from?
                    No conclusion as of yet, hence the "perhaps" part. Still collecting data. We are still in the openings, not ready for the end game.

But.........as you admit, you have a lot to share about a show that you won't even watch. That strikes me as odd.

You should really check the show out.........help validate that "preconceived notion" thingy you stated earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy
                      No conclusion as of yet, hence the "perhaps" part. Still collecting data. We are still in the openings, not ready for the end game.

But.........as you admit, you have a lot to share about a show that you won't even watch. That strikes me as odd.

You should really check the show out.........help validate that "preconceived notion" thingy you stated earlier.
                      Nothing's going to change my "preconceived notion" that dividing any activity along racial and ethnic lines is a bad thing. And to do it because of a profit motive? Glad to see it's backfiring, frankly.

I'm sharing my opinions about the concept, not the episodes or even the contestants themselves.

So what was the demographic group to which you were referring? Liberal critical care nurses living in Hawaii, originally from New York?

Wow. 25%. Who knew?

Comment

Nothing's going to change my "preconceived notion" that dividing any activity along racial and ethnic lines is a bad thing. And to do it because of a profit motive? Glad to see it's backfiring, frankly.

I'm sharing my opinions about the concept, not the episodes or even the contestants themselves.

So what was the demographic group to which you were referring? Liberal critical care nurses living in Hawaii, originally from New York?

Wow. 25%. Who knew?
                        I am thinking you also boycott the Olympics? How about the LLWS or the World Cup? That taboo too..........

Comment

"Whites, on the other hand, are "mutts" and "don't have any ethnicity to hang on to," he told reporters on a phone conference call Wednesday."

Wow.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Probstinator.

Comment

Hey Rn;

Beddy by time. We can continue tomorrow.

Found this. Kinda sums up what I have been saying all along.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...mment-opinions

Which, in a lot of ways, kinda sums up this board.

Aloha

Comment

So apparently the producers abandoned the segregation idea and reorganized players into 2 groups.
                              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

The whole reorganization process gave me a headache.

Was totally surprised that Cao Boi and Flicka voted Cecilia off. I thought for sure Becky was going to be sent home.

I can't wait till the other castaways find out that Yul's already found the immunity idol.
                                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                                We're not here to mess around
                                Boston, you know we love you madly
                                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                                You know we couldn't live without you
                                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Working...
                                X