Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Survivor 13 :Cook Islands

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
    Oh he was most definitely bluffing. It'd make more sense to take Becky with him to the Final 2. Their alliance seems stronger than anyone else's, and the fact that she knew about the immunity idol immediately after he got it and never said a word to anyone is proof that she's trustworthy.
    This is why the end could get very interesting. Becky definitely has been trustworthy so far. But Yul would have an easier time in the final 2 with Jonathan since everyone at this point hates him. Becky's made no enemies so the jury could easily pick her over Yul if they were the final 2. Guess the question is, will friendship and alliances win over pure strategy?

Comment

So because Yul's career allows him to make a lot of money, he shouldn't win the million?

Interesting.
      well, when it comes down to the final two, it is a popularity contest.

some of my criteria would be:

1. Was this person an ally of mine?
      2. Did this person betray me?
      3. Do I like this person?
      4. Is this person a good person?
      5. Did they play the game well?

Given that all of the above are equal, then need would enter the picture.

Let's say that Yul and Ozzy were part of my alliance and did not betray me.
      They are both likeable. Maybe Yul moreso because I relate to him better.
      I feel both are good ethical people at heart.
      They both have played the game well thus far. Yul found immunity in one try. He has played his advantage with uncanny cunning. Ozzy is incomparable in the challanges. His team would've been sunk without him.

So for me it comes down to who needs it more. Yul will be making $1 mil per year well before his career is over. It will change Ozzy's life in a more material way. Material meaning significant.

Comment

Have we all forgotten about the couple that hooked up and "Kissed" that last episode? If my gut feeling is right....this could be the Rob/Amber Pt. II.

Two votes is strong when your "in" with another. They can work multiple angles....

Comment

Especially when Adam seems to be playing Pavarti on the side too

Comment

Originally posted by Bard View Post
            Especially when Adam seems to be playing Pavarti on the side too
            Yeah, I can't wait for him to get the boot. Zero work ethic and all this meat market flirting. If I wanted to watch Elimidate, I would watch Elimidate.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
              Yeah, I can't wait for him to get the boot. Zero work ethic and all this meat market flirting. If I wanted to watch Elimidate, I would watch Elimidate.
              Well lazyboy Adam should get the boot after the first immunity he does not win. Among the three that are left, Parvoti, Adam and Candice, he is the biggest threat physically.

Any thoughts on how Yul can lose with the idol? Disclosing you have it guarantees at least one ally. He's already got Becky as a sure ally. Jonathan is probably solid to wanting to be #2 with 100K is not too bad. That's a solid block of three.

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
                Well lazyboy Adam should get the boot after the first immunity he does not win. Among the three that are left, Parvoti, Adam and Candice, he is the biggest threat physically.

Any thoughts on how Yul can lose with the idol? Disclosing you have it guarantees at least one ally. He's already got Becky as a sure ally. Jonathan is probably solid to wanting to be #2 with 100K is not too bad. That's a solid block of three.
                Hmm, I actually think Candice should go next. She seems to be a pretty strong player, at least with the last immunity challenge. Plus you don't want Jonathan being wishy-washy, his loyalty did lay with her.

Yul for now won't lose since he has the idol. But once he reaches the final four, that can change real quick. I don't see why the other three wouldn't want to vote him out once they reach final four, he's a serious contender in this game.

Comment

Yul for now won't lose since he has the idol. But once he reaches the final four, that can change real quick. I don't see why the other three wouldn't want to vote him out once they reach final four, he's a serious contender in this game.
                  Thing is, if he reaches the final four and hasn't lost his immunity idol, he only has to win one challenge to make it to the final two. Even if he has lost it, he only has to win the two challenges.

Comment

boy this has been a long week. can't wait to see the fireworks tomorrow.

anyone ever send in a tape for the show for consideration?

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
                      boy this has been a long week. can't wait to see the fireworks tomorrow.

anyone ever send in a tape for the show for consideration?
                      I could never be on Survivor. I'm allergic to so many things, including most seafood...so I definitely couldn't hack it. The Amazing Race, maybe.

I honestly thought that Jonathan was going to be the next to go, but after last night Candice was definitely the right choice. Jonathan pointed out that he hasn't acted any differently after he turned on the new tribe -- and I think he's right. He's always been obnoxious and vocal and his behavior really wasn't anything new.

Parvati, Adam, and Candice let their emotions get into it too much and that's not how you win the game. The best part was watching the other tribe feasting on their catch while the three had their little lovefest.

And LOL @ Yul as the Godfather next week. This season, IMO, has been one of the best ones in recent time. I'm actually into it!
                      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                      We're not here to mess around
                      Boston, you know we love you madly
                      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                      You know we couldn't live without you
                      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I could never be on Survivor. I'm allergic to so many things, including most seafood...so I definitely couldn't hack it. The Amazing Race, maybe.

I honestly thought that Jonathan was going to be the next to go, but after last night Candice was definitely the right choice. Jonathan pointed out that he hasn't acted any differently after he turned on the new tribe -- and I think he's right. He's always been obnoxious and vocal and his behavior really wasn't anything new.

Parvati, Adam, and Candice let their emotions get into it too much and that's not how you win the game. The best part was watching the other tribe feasting on their catch while the three had their little lovefest.

And LOL @ Yul as the Godfather next week. This season, IMO, has been one of the best ones in recent time. I'm actually into it!

The Amazing Race would definitely be a fun show to be on. Even if you lose, the fact that you get to zip around the world on a moment's notice is cool.

As for the latest episode, I'm glad it turned out the way it did. In spite of the bad press Jonathan gets, you have to admit, he's playing the game as it should be, surviving. And he really didn't do anything different, still did the fishing etc. He might have hogged up the auction rewards but I bet he was half thinking he might get voted out next so might as well soak up the rewards.

Candice dug her own grave with the in-your-face confrontation. Those three were busy getting all cozy, can you blame anyone for not wanting to walk in on that? I never saw it as the five not wanting to share, the three were just too busy with their lovefest to pitch in with the food. The five never said no fish for the three either. Candice just walked up and started accusing them right off and then revealing Yul's conversation with them really ticked Yul off. You can tell when he said "this is interesting". I think the old Aitu tribe did consider for a moment voting off Jonathan but Candice blew it.

Comment

Hah, yes! I loved that. He kinda is though. I'm glad the immunity idol came out in the open this season instead of it being "wasted" like the last time.

Unfortunately we only got to see the last 15 minutes or so of the episode 'cause we forgot it was on (yeah yeah, real fans huh ). Thankfully they put them up on "InnerTube" so we'll catch it tonight... I was really looking forward to watching the big cat fight in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Bard View Post
                            Hah, yes! I loved that. He kinda is though. I'm glad the immunity idol came out in the open this season instead of it being "wasted" like the last time.

Unfortunately we only got to see the last 15 minutes or so of the episode 'cause we forgot it was on (yeah yeah, real fans huh ). Thankfully they put them up on "InnerTube" so we'll catch it tonight... I was really looking forward to watching the big cat fight in this episode.
                            Initially I thought that it was a bad move on Yul's part to reveal the immunity idol, but his logic makes sense. What's cool is the fact that he used the idol without having to really use it at the most critical time of the game. The look on their faces after finding out Yul really had the idol was PRICELESS. Yeah dummies -- Jonathan tried warning you guys!

On another note...

I always cringe whenever I see the castaways feasting on large meals. It's like, you go for days without eating as much, and then you get this gigantic meal -- I can only imagine what the stomach has to go through! It must be painful for the castaways!

Comment

I always cringe whenever I see the castaways feasting on large meals. It's like, you go for days without eating as much, and then you get this gigantic meal -- I can only imagine what the stomach has to go through! It must be painful for the castaways!
                              You mean like when they puked after the post-merge feast?

Comment

You mean like when they puked after the post-merge feast?
                                Oh I'm talking about the other gross thing!

I think it was Gervase on one of the early seasons who mentioned he had the runs for days because he had some peanut butter. Peanut butter!

Jonathan had a hot dog, fries, that whole pizza pie, AND beer! Disgusting.

Comment

Working...
                                X