Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Jericho" on CBS

Originally posted by Kittrick View Post
    I'm really curious as to why there's that company rolling along with the military making deals with people and asking for a percentage of things like they did with stanley's farm. Mimi knew that the contract Stanley signed was a bad deal.

Also, I'm wondering if civil war is looming, as the senator from Wyoming who claimed that he is President and coordinated the military west of the Mississippi to work under him (and he even changed the American Flag) when the remaining part of the legit administration is weak in Ohio. Something doesn't feel right about a guy who within a year of strife changes the American flag and gets the military under him to take the 50 star flag down and replaces it with the one they created. Less stars, vertical stripes just doesn't look right. Even Jimmy the cop in the hospital kinda implied that when he said "What happened to the American flag?"
    While that DOES strain willing suspension of disbelief, I think where they're going is that the people of Jericho (and my extention the rest of the US) have been irradiated, starved, shot at and otherwise messed with etc - and along comes a guy who's promising stability, food, security and a 'return to greatness'. So we know at least 1 division (10th Mt) is supporting him but that may not be the entire military.

There's the old axiom - American society is 2 paychecks away from revolution: Meaning that if you cut off food, water, heat, security etc society will devolve into anarchy - and people in an anarchical situation will glom onto stability - especially if it feels at least similar to what they were used to. I'm looking at this season as a sort of allegory to the rise of Nazi-ism in Germany in the inter-war period. Chaos and depravation during the early Weimar period - a group offering stability, work and a return to greatness wrapping itself in subtly altered versions of traditional national archtypes won the loyalty of a majority of the people, the army and got a nation to change it's flag to something very different. It's far from impossible.
    "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
    Socrates.

Comment

Seems that there is a couple of people that might help with Jericho. One is Major Beck. He might be conflicted with how the ASA views the USA but he seems the kind of ally that Hawkins needs.

The other is that lady that Eric was talking to at J&R who sort of understands what Jericho is going through.

Also seems that Bonnie is way younger than I expected, she might be under 21.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
        Seems that there is a couple of people that might help with Jericho. One is Major Beck. He might be conflicted with how the ASA views the USA but he seems the kind of ally that Hawkins needs.
        Yeah, but when will Hawkins confessed to the Major to having Sarah killed and is in custody/possession of the dangerous piece of government conspiracy evidence?

The other is that lady that Eric was talking to at J&R who sort of understands what Jericho is going through.
        Didn't she just quit Ojai Food (Brothers and Sisters, ABC)?

I like the fact that they added Ravenwood to Jericho's residency.
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I was watching the DVD of some of the 1st season episodes of Jericho over the weekend. The first episode where Jake returns home he does make mention to Stanley that Bonnie has grown during the 5 years he was gone.

Tonight's episode has Mimi reporting some money missing and the Ravenwood people trying to force their way on Mimi at the Richmond farm but Bonnie tries to protect Mimi by shooting up at least 3 of the Ravenwood guys but Bonnie gets shot in the end by the main Ravenwood guy.

Comment

Product placement: When Hawkins connects the cell phone to his computer via Bluetooth to download the document I noticed the phone had a Sprint logo.

Sprint is a sponsor.

Interesting use of product placement. Motorola is probably a sponsor, too.

Comment

Kind of a bummer that Goetz got killed before Beck could do something about Goetz. Guess next week's episode will show what happens to either Jericho or New Bern.

Comment

Goetz deserved it and the right person did it to him.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
                  Product placement: When Hawkins connects the cell phone to his computer via Bluetooth to download the document I noticed the phone had a Sprint logo.

Sprint is a sponsor.

Interesting use of product placement. Motorola is probably a sponsor, too.
                  thanks for the confirmation - I thought it was my imagination!
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Honestly I didn't buy "Mr. John Smith" explaination that Jennings & Rall was getting too big and needed to nuked out of existance.

Comment

• Re: "Jericho" on CBS

Originally posted by mel View Post
                      Goetz deserved it and the right person did it to him.
                      I don't know if he's the right person. I would never puke after executing my sister's murderer.

But I'm glad someone did it.

Comment

One thing I couldn't figure out is why Goetz (or someone he knew) only emblezzed $10,000. Why not a higher figure if he was willing to commit murder to cover up his tracks?

The problem with Stanley killing Goetz is that now Beck may not listen to reason from either Jake or Hawkins if either of them try to attempt to explain the situation with the bomb.

Comment

One thing I couldn't figure out is why Goetz (or someone he knew) only emblezzed $10,000. Why not a higher figure if he was willing to commit murder to cover up his tracks?
                          I'm guessing this is not the first time.

So someone who's been doing it is skimming off a litttle at a time. If he gets too greedy, then red flags will go up, especially noticed by a meticulous accountant like Mimi.

The problem with Stanley killing Goetz is that now Beck may not listen to reason from either Jake or Hawkins if either of them try to attempt to explain the situation with the bomb.
                          Not having seen last night's episode (I taped it), shouldn't it be New Bern's problem? After all, they did hanged his body at the town's entrance to serve a warning not to mess with the town, even though it was one of the Jerichoans that took his life.

Comment

Kind of interesting episode for tonight, too bad its the last one for the series, found out it got cancelled a few days ago.

At least Major Beck decided that the Allied States of America are the bad guys and his officers under him agreed with him.

Comment

Picked up the DVD for season 2 of Jericho from Wal-Mart for around $19.

Comment

Working...
                              X