• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nikki
    replied
    Re: American Idol 6

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
    Lastly, I don't know if this is true, but according to gossip mongers, Blake Lewis and Antonella Barba are engaged in some kind of love affair. I was just watching VH1's Best Week Ever (quality TV, I tell you!), and they pointed out how Blake blew a kiss to her, and she reciprocated the gesture.
    Yeah, I heard about that. Bad move to reveal his affection for her, especially at this point... but, oh well. People say she's hot and cute and all that, but I just don't see it, IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• Vanguard
    replied

Originally posted by nikki View Post
    Yes, Melinda's 'I'm A Woman' was a repeat, and I think Jordin's pick was a repeat as well. They usually do pick a favorite song they've already performed, so that they don't have to learn a new number. I think Blake's was new, tho, but not sure.
    Seasons ago, Scott Savol sang a song from the "Hollywood" semi finals.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied

Who was worse in AI history--Willy Hung or Sanjaya?

Leave a comment:

• Lei Liko
    replied

Yes, Melinda's 'I'm A Woman' was a repeat, and I think Jordin's pick was a repeat as well. They usually do pick a favorite song they've already performed, so that they don't have to learn a new number. I think Blake's was new, tho, but not sure.
    I've watched every week and Blake's cover of the Robin Thicke song was new. (Shameless plug for "The Evolution of Robin Thicke"...it's great). I know Ryan said that they got to pick a song of their choice, but he didn't say whether or not it had to be something they had already done.

Randy also pointed out that "Robin Thicke's gonna be happy you chose his song" during the judges' critique.

Lastly, I don't know if this is true, but according to gossip mongers, Blake Lewis and Antonella Barba are engaged in some kind of love affair. I was just watching VH1's Best Week Ever (quality TV, I tell you!), and they pointed out how Blake blew a kiss to her, and she reciprocated the gesture.

Kinda threw me off because everybody's been talking about getting gay vibes. His sexual orientation is of no matter to me.

I'd still like to make out with his voice. CHEEEEEE!

Leave a comment:

• nikki
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Are contestants allowed to sing the same song twice during the competition?

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Me too. I wish she sang that song last week instead of I'm a Woman, but I guess she wanted to kick it up a bit.
    Are contestants allowed to sing the same song twice during the competition?
    Blake has been growing on me. I didn't care for him at first, and don't care for him every week, he put together three great performances last week. I was really impressed. Blake and Jordin are so different, and they both have their own fans. It's a toss up as to who will win, but I'd like to see Blake take it.
    Hey, Lei Liko! We have another fan!

IMO, Blake is different from any other contestant I've seen on AI. I think he's the first beat boxer and he certainly has been willing to take some major risks. My concern for him is his longevity in the business. Is he a strong enough vocalist to change with the tides...

Does anyone know who arranges the songs for the top 10? Is it the musical director? The contestant? A team effort? Some of this season's arrangements have just blown me away...esp. Melinda's and Blake's.

Leave a comment:

• nikki
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    She won me over with "My Funny Valentine".
    Me too. I wish she sang that song last week instead of I'm a Woman, but I guess she wanted to kick it up a bit.

Blake has been growing on me. I didn't care for him at first, and don't care for him every week, he put together three great performances last week. I was really impressed. Blake and Jordin are so different, and they both have their own fans. It's a toss up as to who will win, but I'd like to see Blake take it.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by Brad White View Post
    Tina looks incredible now... surgery, do you think?
    I have absolutely no idea but being pretty durn close to that age myself I cannot, for the life of me, understand how anyone can look that good at that age...naturally! And...those LEGS! I wonder if they're insured!!!
    [...]I'd listen to Melinda no matter what she looked like... but I am not 17.[...]
    Ditto for me...to both! I'd also go see her in concert, depending on the venue! She won me over with "My Funny Valentine". I sent the YouTube link to her performance to a long time family friend who doesn't follow AI. I remembered, when I was a kid, that was Robert's favorite song. After viewing the link he replied with 3 words..."Oh my God"!!!

Maybe Melinda can garner major recognition in the jazz world. Granted, that's not the same as being a pop star but, hey, Ella, Sarah, Dinah (to name a few) certainly did extremely well and had great longevity! "Looks" didn't appear to be an issue...in that day and age, anyway. And, jazz audiences are known for being, ummm, shall we say, errrr, a bit, hmmm, classier and not as into the shallowness of looks!

'Scuse me...it's time to find my asbestos suit!

Leave a comment:

• Brad White
    replied

Tina looks incredible now... surgery, do you think?

I am sure there are exceptions, but in the young market you have to look model perfect for your videos.

I'd listen to Melinda no matter what she looked like... but I am not 17.

Speaking of perfect looks, yesterday we were eating and when finished I just happened to tune to Discovery HD, and on was the exact footage from The Hawaiian Tropic's contest that I played for... beautiful girls... and there I was playing music in the corner. Funny. It was amazing that I happened to see it, it was just a small segment in some show called "Battle of the Beach". I thought it would be about WWll

Brad's Girls

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

An excellent CNN story by some industry insiders..

Female singer? You better be sexy
    Interesting story. Sad, but interesting. I'd absolutely hate to think that Melinda wouldn't get a contract because of her looks. While I, personally, would prefer to see her stay true to herself, a "makeover" is an option. I mean...think how Anna Mae Bullock used to look. And look at Anna Mae, aka Tina Turner, now!!! Dayam...that woman is now 67 and looking better than ever! She's my Age Idol!

Even Elliot Yemin has started the makeover process!

Leave a comment:

• Brad White
    replied

An excellent CNN story by some industry insiders..

Female singer? You better be sexy

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Our season ended when Melinda got voted off. I didn't think she could win, her looks and age probably put her outside of the younger voters... but as a musician I thought she was outstanding. I just don't have enough interest in the remaining two for the finals. Though I like Blake's creativity and risk taking.
    That's exactly what I like about Blake, too. He thinks and sings outside the (beat) box! He's unique...unlike Jordin. And while I like Jordin a lot, I don't think she's the best this season. Melinda really isn't the AI "type" and, imo, is too good for AI. She'll do fine career-wise, I'm sure.

This is the first AI season I've really enjoyed...well...after the Hawaii season!

Leave a comment:

• Brad White
    replied

Our season ended when Melinda got voted off. I didn't think she could win, her looks and age probably put her outside of the younger voters... but as a musician I thought she was outstanding. I just don't have enough interest in the remaining two for the finals. Though I like Blake's creativity and risk taking.

Leave a comment:

• Lei Liko
    replied

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    I did not see this reply. I did not appreciate this reply .
    O/T, but I just realized that # shows up as 'does not equal to' when included in a quote. Is it because # can't be italicized? Hmmmm

As for Jordin, there's no doubt she's a great singer, but I just don't understand how America can be so in love with her and all that nose flaring. I know this is a horrible thing to say, but her "I Who Have Nothing" reprise made me want to slit my wrists.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
    Dear Jordin,

If you want to convince people that you're a "Woman in Love," try not to look and sound like you gotta go #2.

That is all.
    I did not see this reply. I did not appreciate this reply .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X