• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lei Liko
    replied
    Re: American Idol 6

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    That was one, long shower! I needed that! Hrmmmph...no one's put Blake's performance on YouTube yet. Daaaayam!

Hey, Lei Liko. Between you, me and LeiKaina it looks like we have a fan club going!
    Tutu, YOU KNOW THIS.

When I first heard of what he was going to sing, I thought, "Uh oh...how is he gonna pull this off?"

I shoulda known better than to question that. He's definitely making this season worthwhile and he, Lakisha, and Doolittle are who I look forward to the most.

Loved LaKisha as well, despite what the judges said. When she first started, BF was "Why does it sound like it's a 007 song?"

Because it IS, you dork!

Blake. *drool*

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

That was one, long shower! I needed that! Hrmmmph...no one's put Blake's performance on YouTube yet. Daaaayam!

Hey, Lei Liko. Between you, me and LeiKaina it looks like we have a fan club going!

Leave a comment:

• Lei K
    replied

Blake just finished his song. I need to go take a cold shower...

I felt EXACTLY the same.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Blake just finished his song. I need to go take a cold shower...

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

It's British pop night and AI is just starting in our time zone. Wow! Peter Noone and Lulu look great! Keith Richards should seek out the same plastic surgeon!

Leave a comment:

• Vanguard
    replied

Click if you don't think dialidol predictions are spoilers (or if 3/14/07 results show has already passed):

It seems Lakisha and Melinda are safe, followed by Sanjaya in third, according to dialidol.com . I suppose some will be a bit bummed, but I haven't considered this a "singing competition" since this unattractive obese woman with a great voice was turned down at the auditions, because Simon specifically told her that looks are very important for AI. I think that was sometime in season 5, I wish I remembered the exact city that this happened. Now I just consider AI to be mindless entertainment and I personally wouldn't feel at all bad if Sanjaya Malakar won season 6.

Leave a comment:

• alohabear
    replied

In the REAL world Sanjaya Malakar should go home tonight, however......

He actually(IMO) made Camille Velasco look like the American Idol.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by ...ok, I'm rudely quoting myself! View Post
    [...]I'm really looking forward to watching how these 3 contestants handle genres outside their comfort zones...especially Blake.
    The Motown sound tonight was definitely not Blake's genre. He put his own twist on it but, well, it just didn't work. I still like the guy, tho'! Over all, the guys were just plain, ol' weak. Poor Sanjaya...he's taking such a beating.

LaKisha nailed a Billie Holliday song, "God Bless the Child" and learned the lyrics for the show. It sounded to me like she was unaware of that song prior to this past week. But, WOW, it was the best performance of the night.

Melinda and Jordin tied LaKisha for first place! Those 3 ladies did Motown proud.

Leave a comment:

• Lei Liko
    replied

Needless to say, those at Vote for the Worst are bummed that their Worsters are gone.

Leave a comment:

• Vanguard
    replied

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
    He should have went home last night. Sundance Head was a way better singer(reminds me of Smash Mouth) and deserved to make top 12.

Antonella is gone....AI is still RESPECTABLE!
    Phil was the biggest travesty, IMO. They should have kept Sundance but kicked out Phil. Maybe I like Sanjaya to stay because it seems to annoy Simon so much :P

Leave a comment:

• alohabear
    replied

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
    I hope Sanjaya Malakar becomes the next American Idol :P
    He should have went home last night. Sundance Head was a way better singer(reminds me of Smash Mouth) and deserved to make top 12.

Antonella is gone....AI is still RESPECTABLE!

Leave a comment:

• speedtek
    replied

If only Antonella sang her exit song the way she did, she would be up there.

I can't believe Haley is still in. Sabrina was 1000 times better!

Leave a comment:

• Vanguard
    replied

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
    I hope Sanjaya Malakar becomes the next American Idol :P
    Wow, Simon and even Paula's comments were stinging to Sanjaya once he made it to the top 12 :P

Leave a comment:

• Lei Liko
    replied

To my untrained ears, Melinda is the best singer of all the AI seasons and she really should be the next AI. Win or lose...she'll get a contract out of it so she really can't lose. LaKisha is plain, ol' terrific but Melinda rates a bit higher in the likeability factor, I feel.
    I don't know why, but I'm getting flashbacks of Season 3's Jennifer Hudson and LaToya London. LaKisha is the more "Here I am in your face" just like Jennifer and Melinda reminds me of the likeable LaToya.

I'm having a hard time keeping away from the AI Results live threads going on on different MBs.

ETA: So I peeked. And I know who goes home.

And wow...JUST WOW.
    Last edited by Lei Liko; March 8, 2007, 03:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
    [...]Melinda Doolittle IS the next American Idol, IMHO. Runner-up being Lakisha.[...]
    Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
    [...]Choosing between Melinda and Lakisha is difficult. So far Melinda's on a roll, but I wouldn't put it past Lakisha to totally blow everyone away in the coming weeks.[...]
    To my untrained ears, Melinda is the best singer of all the AI seasons and she really should be the next AI. Win or lose...she'll get a contract out of it so she really can't lose. LaKisha is plain, ol' terrific but Melinda rates a bit higher in the likeability factor, I feel.

I still think Blake is the most immediately marketable (in terms of making money for a record company) regardless of who's president of his HT fan club! I think Melinda, tho', has the endurance factor and, like Dinah, Sarah, Ella and, yes, even Anita, will be around for a long time. I just watched both her last night's performance and LaKisha's on YouTube and...WOW!

I'm really looking forward to watching how these 3 contestants handle genres outside their comfort zones...especially Blake.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X