Favorite Superbowl XLI Ads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Superbowl XLI Ads?

Well, we've talked about the game, how we watched it, what we ate, and how we might have seen it in HD. But for a sports neophyte like me, Superbowl Sunday is all about the commercials. Yes, it's 90 percent hype... it's a ridiculous, recursive meta-exercise in Superbowl commercials being Superbowl commercials... just about the only time everyone is thinking specifically and critically about TV ads. But I like to see what people come up with for those multi-million dollar 30-second spots.

You can see the ads at iFilm, browse them organized by quarter at the CBS website, or vote for them at YouTube.

Best ad? Worst ad?

I enjoyed Bud Light's "Fist Bump" and the Snickers "Kiss." Points to Sprint for the cute concept behind "Connectile Dysfunction."

I don't know quite what to make of Garmin's Japanese supermonster ad.

I didn't like King Pharmaceutical's "Beat Your Risk" (missing a punchline, total downer) and, of course, GoDaddy.com's ads, which are self-referential to the point of being totally flat.

Re: Favorite Superbowl XLI Ads?

That's the only thing that sucks being in a crowded place such as a sports bar. Even though the (many) TVs volumes were set reasonably loud, it was still difficult to hear the dialogue in the commercials clearly. Everyone's chatter pretty much drowned it out.

I'll take a look at those links PZ gave later.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I LOL'ed at several of them! I particularly enjoyed the Blockbuster Mouse, the Bud Light Rock Paper Scissors, and the Bud Light Slapping.

Honorable mentions were the Doritos ads and the Taco Bell Carrrrrne Asada ads lol.
      -kp!

Comment

My husband had to rewind the Snickers Ad so I could watch it. Beer came outta my nose.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
          I didn't like King Pharmaceutical's "Beat Your Risk" (missing a punchline, total downer).
          Yeah, I didn't like that one either. What was that all about? It was strange and had a depressing tone to it. That's just what all of us what to see after pounding beer and grinding on pizza, nachos and other artery-clogging foods.

I wasn't too impressed with the commercials this year, but the ones I liked best were:
          - The careerbuilder.com ones. The "you don't even work here" line was hilarious.
          - The burger/rapper one with K-Fed. Nice to see he can poke fun at himself.
          - The Bud Light hitchhiker with an axe and the Beard Combover ads were funny.

The ones I hated (other than the "Beat Your Risk" ad already noted):
          - Salesgenie.com: that's gotta be the worst 2.5 million dollar commercial in the history of ever. What the hell were they thinking? How's that going to attract anyone? If anything, it made me not want to visit their site, if that's the best they could come up with.
          - The carwash one wasn't that funny with Chevy (I think?)

Don't really remember any of the others.

Comment

I thought BLOCKBUSTER moved on with the talking animals but the rabbit squeezing the poor life out of the little mouse I thought was cuuuuuuute
            The line "I See We Forgot To Plug It In" towards the end and the mouse responds "Don't even think about it" I though was VERY MEMORABLE

The mildly talked about ad with K-Fed Britneys ex where it starts off like a Yo MTV Raps vid then reality sets in and its Federline bopping below a TV Montor screen and the unamused manager is screaming at him to get back to work.
            I did not see what was controversial about that ad.

Finally the DORITOS ad where the guy is drivin a spak da girl walking and if ya know what I am talkin about ya know da rest.

Not much BIGEES this year.... wassup with dat
            Dey all tight spendin da dough?

Comment

Working...
            X