Nielsen Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nielsen Ratings

I just recieved a call from 813-366-9800. My Caller ID listed it as 'Nielsen Ratings.' The caller introduced herself and was very professional. No sales pitch. Right to the point. I answered only specific questions pertaining to how many t.v.'s and if we had cable, etc.

A package will arrive. My household was selected to do a survey for the week of April 26 - May 2, 2007. Anyone in my household at that time can participate.

Has anyone done this?

I've never done it and look forward to doing it.

Hmmmm...maybe I can have a Survey Party or something for those who are interested.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Nielsen Ratings

Wow, lucky! I've always wanted to be a Nielsen correspondant!
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
      I just recieved a call from 813-366-9800. My Caller ID listed it as 'Nielsen Ratings.' The caller introduced herself and was very professional. No sales pitch. Right to the point. I answered only specific questions pertaining to how many t.v.'s and if we had cable, etc.

A package will arrive. My household was selected to do a survey for the week of April 26 - May 2, 2007. Anyone in my household at that time can participate.

Has anyone done this?

I've never done it and look forward to doing it.

Hmmmm...maybe I can have a Survey Party or something for those who are interested.

Auntie Lynn
      I DID IT!!!! I DID IT! I always wanted to my whole life, Yes, I am a dork, then last year?? they asked me to.

Guess what?? I was going to Hawaii that week! LMAO...so they asked me to mark vacation on it. I was so disapppointed.
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        Wow, lucky! I've always wanted to be a Nielsen correspondant!
        K-den. I'm really not into watching t.v. I'm a Computa Person.heheheh
        However, I will watch. And I will invite whoever wants to come to help survey on specific nights and time.

Gotta look what get showing and what is convenient. Can do it in group or individually. Ainokea. I'm on dee Computa.

Seriously, if anyone is interested ~ let me know.

Let's plan something.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I did it here in Hawaii years ago before they had little boxes to send us. They sent me a booklet to manually write down what we were watching. Ya know what? If I was embarrassed, I didn't write it down. Or I didn't write down how often or how fast we channel surfed. Or I didn't keep up with all the switching! So, if they are sending you some equipment to do this, that will surely convey a more accurate viewing experience.
          I don't know Lynn if you'll "edit" your viewing as a result. We know that all you watch is Olelo, Wheel of Fortune, Court TV and the History Channel.

Oh forgot to add: They sent me a crisp $1! THANKS!
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

K-den. I'm really not into watching t.v.
            Then you should mark your diary to reflect your non-watching habits, too. Don't force yourself to watch stuff you wouldn't otherwise watch - knowing how many households choose NOT to watch something, when they could have, is important to ratings services as well. The ratings services and those who buy the data want to know your typical, average, normal habits regarding media usage.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
              I don't know Lynn if you'll "edit" your viewing as a result. We know that all you watch is Olelo, Wheel of Fortune, Court TV and the History Channel.

Oh forgot to add: They sent me a crisp $1! THANKS!
              HAHAHAHAHA

I don't watch none of the above. I watch PBS.Kids from 7:00 A.M. - 5:30 P.M. M-F News ( either 2, 9 or 4) switching back and forth. Den it's back to PBS most times.

MAMA has her favorites and her YOBO Movies.

PK has his.

We'll do fine.

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                They sent me a crisp $1! THANKS!
                That's my favorite part of these stories of Nielsen and Arbitron surveys - the crisp $1.00 bill. (Maybe it's a tip.)

Comment

IMO, this is a duty more sacred than Jury Duty. Anyone with half a brain should participate in Neilsen Ratings, and watch good quality shows with the apparatus in your house, to ensure that a trend of good TV shows continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                    watch good quality shows with the apparatus in your house, to ensure that a trend of good TV shows continues.
                    Awww...I love crazy dreamers like you! Don't stop fighting the good fight!

"Good TV shows" - nice oxymoron.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      Awww...I love crazy dreamers like you! Don't stop fighting the good fight!

"Good TV shows" - nice oxymoron.
                      I'll *never* stop dreaming! Just last night, I dreamed I kept finding 50 and 100 dollar bills on the street :P

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                        IMO, this is a duty more sacred than Jury Duty. Anyone with half a brain should participate in Neilsen Ratings, and watch good quality shows with the apparatus in your house, to ensure that a trend of good TV shows continues.
                        heheheh....

OMG! Den I'm in trouble. Everybody knows why I can't go on Jury Duty. However, I do have half a brain the last time I had a a CAT Scan.

Das Pupule count?

HAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Meh. The Nielsen Ratings system is so antiquated originating from the pre-HD period, yet so much loved by TV programming execs.

Even worse, they never pick me. If they had, Firefly would still be on.

--an anti-mainstream genre fan.
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I do have half a brain the last time I had a a CAT Scan.
                            Why do I hear a scarecrow singing just now?

So, NT ... how's the CAT's brain?

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                              Meh. The Nielsen Ratings system is so antiquated originating from the pre-HD period, yet so much loved by TV programming execs.

Even worse, they never pick me. If they had, Firefly would still be on.

--an anti-mainstream genre fan.
                              Me?? AMERICAN GOTHIC!
                              Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                              Sharing withother survivors...
                              www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Working...
                              X