Exteme Makeover Home Edition in Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Exteme Makeover Home Edition in Hawaii

Just finished watching my first ever episode of EMHE. Knowing what we all know now, I just can't imagine how ABC will present the application video and the interviews with the Akanas. Deception and lies. Makes me wonder how much past history will be disclosed.

Definitely no tears will be shed by many viewers. In fact I can just hear it now: 'yeah right!'

Comment

I'm inclined to not condemn EMHE 'til I watch the Hawaii episode and see how the family is presented.

Tonight's episode was very touching. It would be interesting to know if there were any internet discussions, particularly in Nebraska, dishing it up about this family when it first aired. I'm too lazy to search!

Comment

Uh oh......this morning's feature about Home Makeover and it being in the Attorney General's hands...

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...709230360/1001
        Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Well the show according to the Advertiser is airing Sunday September 30th!

I kinda lost touch w/ the show but being its Hawaii based I will make this one exceptional to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
            Well the show according to the Advertiser is airing Sunday September 30th![...]
            The date change is also reflected on the show's web page.

Comment

Tye did some charity & promo events and it shows some beautiful shots of the island, so I bet we'll have dinner in front of the thing, or at least DVR and be sure not to miss it. heck, I've got to see them shopping in our local Sears.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
                Uh oh......this morning's feature about Home Makeover and it being in the Attorney General's hands...

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...709230360/1001

Yes, and some of the online comments to that story are not so pleasant.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Not so pleasant? Sometimes reality just sux and I hope the newspapers is helping bring light to anything that may need it. The attorney general's office indicated that it was the Advertiser first covering the story that got them on this. I thought...."wow, too cool."

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                    Yes, and some of the online comments to that story are not so pleasant.
                    Frankie's Market, you're being kind with describing the comments as being "not so pleasant." But, did you google? I did. Not for me to speculate or investigate, but I was just curious as to what I'd find after clicking.
                    ___
                    "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
                      Frankie's Market, you're being kind with describing the comments as being "not so pleasant." But, did you google? I did. Not for me to speculate or investigate, but I was just curious as to what I'd find after clicking.
                      Sooo, does my post qualify for the HT Understatement of the Year award?

I don't want to comment on Momi Akana's personal life. I can only talk about what I do know, which is my concern re: a residential house being built on land that was purchased with a govt. grant. Land that was intended to be used for Akana's non-profit organization and not for her family's private benefit. The state AG's investigation into the lease agreement for the new house might only be the tip of the iceberg. Who's to say that there won't be an investigation at the federal level? Red flags abound in this situation. Momi Akana and her step father working in both an administrative function and board of director? Not good! I hope they get all these problems straightened out, or KOKA could very easily lost its non-profit status.
                      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

K-den folks da show was on tonite......

Thoughts?

Nice to see Hawaii profiled on a major network show.
                        The begining dives right into what Hawaii is all about, tropical setting, seeing Ty absorbing the hawaiian life as he introduces the show....

Was SUPRISED to see MUFI helpin out and was the Dick Allgire I saw? He is the newscaster when Ty was freaking out that they were NOT gonna make the deadline. And nice to see Keali'i drop by. Was Momi happy to see him or sad that she was not there in person?

who knows

The end result I thought looked AWESOME IMO

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                          Was SUPRISED to see MUFI helpin out
                          Frankly speaking, I would have been most surprised if Mayor Mufi was NOT to be seen on the show. What ambitious politician would not have relished that kind of opportunity for free publicity on national TV? Especially since he played a part in fast-tracking EM's permit applications.

Comment

I saw the first 15 minutes (and already went through a few Kleenex) then got a call that a car had driven through an elderly neighbor's fence and lanai. Went over to help, and got back in time to see the last 15 minutes (and went through more Kleenex). The two places looked awesome!
                            Anybody know if it's going to get aired again?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                              [...]Anybody know if it's going to get aired again?
                              Most (don't know about all) of the episodes go into reruns. Plus one of the cable stations picked up reruns. Dunno if the 2 hour format will get in the way, tho'.

I missed the first 70 minutes...damn! I let all my work calls go to voice mail but like you, LikaNui, something more important than watching the show came up. Regardless, it was fun to see the areas where I actually stood and what they looked like upon completion. Amazing! It was also fun seeing the segments I watched being taped such as Paul building the volcano headboard and the KOKA families painting the wood plumeria blossoms.

Comment

My daughter and I watched most of the show and were teary eyed many times.....it was very touching and well done. Anything negative that I had read about the Momi just melted away and made me see the positive of what she has done for the community. The only person on the show that I know personally was Momi's sister who was shown shopping at Sears for baby clothes (very blonde and non Hawaiian looking woman). The show really showcased the aloha spirit at it's best.

Comment

Working...
                                X