"Heroes" - Season 2 on NBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Heroes" - Season 2 on NBC

Well, with Claire's blood out there - no one can ever really be DEAD on this show. I still expect DL to come waltzing in at any moment.

Adri - Sylar was with Molly when he made the call to Mohinder. He was standing over her while she was sleeping/unconscious.

RIP Alejandro - I hope he's not really dead coz he was CUTE!
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Thanks kiwidiva!

Comment

You're welcome.

Sylar said something indicating that he had given the babysitter the night off or taken over from the babysitter - so there was no mention of Parkman which made me wonder where he was too.
        My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Unless of course Parkman WAS the "babysitter" and by "giving [him] the night off" Sylar means that part of our query regarding who dies next week is already answered.

I could do without Parkman. He's kind of a boring character. He's resolved his Daddy issues so his ongoing personal plot has reached it's climax; the only place I could see them going with his character is watching him battle with the temptation of controlling people and ultimately being corrupted by the potential of his powers, much the same way his father was. Snore-fest.

I would like to see one of the super-healers done away with. Gets kind of redundant when a third of the characters are invulnerable to harm, sorry, nigh invulnerable.

On that note, there are questions I've always wondered about being nigh invulnerable. Namely; how do you know how much you can take? For instance, Adam, he says to Peter, "She was going to take your head off. There's no coming back from that."

How does he know? Has he ever had his head cut off? Obviously not if there's "no coming back." Has he cut off someone else's head? Is he lying to Peter in order to justify his killing the doctor lady? I mean, he was ground zero at the biggest explosion Japan had ever seen prior to WWII; there couldn't have been much left of him. How much body is required in order to regenerate?

Whatever the case, he and Hiro have to get it on, Highlander style. There can be only one!
          Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Comment

Unless of course Parkman WAS the "babysitter"
            No way! They would surely have shown us if there was a showdown between Sylar & Parkman. Plus, Sylar is still trying to act the good guy with Maya (she was there too) so no way he's gonna kill Parkman with her around. Although, he did kill Alejandro practically under her nose...

"She was going to take your head off. There's no coming back from that."
            Wasn't it Victoria that threatened to shoot Adam in the head? After she shot both Adam & Peter in their chests she aimed the gun at Adam's head which seemed to scare him. She acted like she thought that was the way to kill him - which his reaction to having the gun aimed at his head seemed to confirm. After Peter healed, he saved Adam from being shot in the head by getting the gun from Victoria. Adam reconfirmed the 'losing your head' thing when he said the above quote to Peter. So maybe while she was at "the company" their research uncovered a way to harm Adam but when he became a threat, rather than using it, they locked him up?

I saw this image on the Heroes website (it's the 'create your own hero' link which when I click on it, I get nothing) - WTH... is there going to be a Maori hero???
            Last edited by kiwidiva; November 28, 2007, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zovo View Post
              I saw this image on the Heroes website (it's the 'create your own hero' link which when I click on it, I get nothing) - WTH... is there going to be a Maori hero???
              The Haitian was originally going to be a Maori guy with tattoos. With a different name, of course

Comment

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
                No way! They would surely have shown us if there was a showdown between Sylar & Parkman. Plus, Sylar is still trying to act the good guy with Maya (she was there too) so no way he's gonna kill Parkman with her around. Although, he did kill Alejandro practically under her nose...
                Yeah, I was kinda kidding with that. But I really do dislike Parkman.
                Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Comment

The Haitian was originally going to be a Maori guy with tattoos. With a different name, of course
                  hahaha... what? DA MAORI??? it does have a certain ring to it...

so is "the haitian" like HRG - not named at all???

Comment

We already know HRG's name: Noah Benett.
                    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

• Re: "Heroes" - Season 2 on NBC

As pointed out, HRG has a full name, but yes, The Haitian currently has no name. He is simply a mysterious, morally ambiguous character (who seems to have allegiance with Noah Bennet, Angela Petrelli, and according to "Four Months Ago", he was working for the Company even after the events of "Company Man".

The information about The Haitian originally being Maori can be found in the commentary of the season one episode "Parasite".

One thing I do not like about the Haitian -- have you all been keeping up with the Heroes weekly comics? In chapter 53 "The Crossroads", before leaving Haiti, he talks to the voodoo Loa in a spiritual vision for absolution, and after this event, he goes with Noah to remove the personal memories of Noah's mentor in the Ukraine. It's as if the absolution meant nothing.

Comment

And in other news, the actor who played Yaeko's father the blacksmith on Heroes was arrested in Hawai'i.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/11/15/oh-tha...nce/1#comments

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...691507328.html

Comment

We already know HRG's name: Noah Benett.
                          Yes, but for the whole of season one he had no name and now we're almost at the end of season two and the haitian is still "the haitian".

I was just wondering if maybe he did have a name and I just missed it!

To me Bennett will always be HRG!

Comment

I always assumed Sylar was opening his victim's heads in order to eat their brains and thereby acquire their abilities - didn't anyone else make that assumption? [What's for lunch/]
                            May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

To me Bennett will always be HRG!
                              He's always HRG to me, but at least I know his name.

Still don't like flyboy West. Still like the Haitian, even if I don't bother to read the web-comic. If he is seeking absolution, he's doing in the form of taking down the Company. Besides, Noah's mentor is just as bad as Noah. Who else taught him to be the best agent that he is?

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                                I always assumed Sylar was opening his victim's heads in order to eat their brains and thereby acquire their abilities - didn't anyone else make that assumption? [What's for lunch/]
                                Nah, too time-consuming and not to mentioned messy to eat the gray matter. He's better at studying the brain so he can "fix" his brain to acquire the powers.

Comment

Working...
                                X