Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NBC's "Journeyman"

Originally posted by helen View Post
    Being a newspaper reporter does allow him to leave the office for long periods of time without raising a lot of eyebrows. Yeah it worked for Clark Kent. I doubt it this would have work if Dan was a doing telephone tech support.
    Perhaps, but unlike Clark Kent who supplements his income by making front-page headline-grabbing news articles -- pretty much like how Peter Parker's photos of Spidey makes the front-page much to the chagrin of J Jonah Jameson -- how can Dan Vasser writes an article about past events that will satisfy his editor and boss?
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

On one hand tonight's episode seems to solve some problems. Jack knows what's going on (again) and the FBI agent who was getting close to Dan's secert got killed by Bennet.

On the other hand I was expecting Bennet to change dispostion from a person who was going to harm Katie to actually be a person to fix the plumbing.

Comment

I like Journeyman because it is so much easier on the brain than a show like Heroes. Not so many characters and events to keep track of. It all get wrapped up (mostly) by the end of the show.

What I dislike is the fake San Francisco. I was hoping to see old neighborhoods and reminisce. All I get are stock aerial pans of the City. I loved shows like Streets of San Francisco and Nash Bridges which were actually shot in the City.

Oh..and Moon Bloodgood is awfully nice, too!

Comment

According to this week's TV Guide Journeyman will air two episodes this week. The usual spot on Monday night and on Wednesday (12/21) night at 9 pm (HST).

Comment

Hopefully by Wednesday, KHNL will have fixed their OTA transmitter. The sound sucks static tonight.

Comment

According to what I've been reading, last night's episode was the last one.

Ever.

Comment

Ever.
                WHAT??? I really thought last night's was a good one! I can see how they can end it there but I was hoping for more...
                Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

NBC hasn't ordered any new episodes for it but that might be due to the writer's strike and having Medium coming back to it's Monday night time slot that Journeyman was on.

As far as the episodes aired this week, Monday's episode had a twist like having a daughter instead of son due to a certain digital camera model showing up 23 years before it was on the market. And Livia's ripple effect is orange instead of Dan's blue effect.

Wednesday's episode did note about Dr. Langley's study of time travelers but it does not answer what causes them to travel or why them of the people who share their birthday.

Comment

I didn't see Mondays episode (I forgot!) but I couldn't figure out last night why they were so surprised to find another 'traveler' - I didn't think it was so hard to believe that if it happened to Dan & Livia - then it was happening to others too!

Dan did say something about a comet coming around when they were born - maybe that would have figured in the explanation of why it's happening to them. Or maybe we'll never know...

I hope it's just the writers strike and not the end of the show forever!!
                    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post

Ever.
                      And I couldn't watch it. Thanks, KHNL!

Comment

During last night's episode the audio got dropped a couple of times in the episode and this was from digital cable.

In any event the NBC website for Journeyman does all episodes of the series to be viewed on-line. Only drawback is watching the same commerical during the commerical breaks.

Comment

I was just on NBC's message boards and apparently it's true; there's a campaign to save Journeyman going on; http://www.savejourneyman.net but I truly think it's pointless. Once a network has it's mind set to cancel a show; it will.

This is the ONE show I have stuck with all season. I truly looked forward to it. I really liked how the character development was progressing.

oh well. Back to my Netflix queue.
                          ~Aloha! Christina~
                          Greek by heritage, Australian by birth, American by chance, Hawaiian at heart.

Comment

there's a campaign to save Journeyman going on; http://www.savejourneyman.net but I truly think it's pointless
                            Well, you never know - fans were able to save Jericho...

Comment

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
                              Well, you never know - fans were able to save Jericho...
                              Yeah, and we did that by shipping nuts to the CBS execs.

What the hell do we give to NBC? Rice-a-roni, the San Francisco Treat?

Comment

According to Wikipedia's entry of Journeyman, that's what some people are doing (sending box's of Rice a Roni to NBC).

However a more relevant (and more expensive) way is to send in a pair of shoes to NBC and ask if these shoes is something a time traveler would wear (from this past Wednesday's episode and the one aired on October 29).

Comment

Working...
                                X