Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

Watching Get Smart at the Kress Cinemas here in Hilo for a buck and seeing gas prices fall to $4.25 per gallon locally.

Aloha...and sleep well. IT's midnight and the start of another hectic week.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Seeing that CW is back on HT!

Comment

Dying my hair and a little bit of rain.
        Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
          Watching Get Smart at the Kress Cinemas here in Hilo for a buck and seeing gas prices fall to $4.25 per gallon locally.

Aloha...and sleep well. IT's midnight and the start of another hectic week.

he's back!

we heard you were busy at toyota over there.
          "chaos reigns within.
          reflect, repent and reboot.
          order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

I applied for a job last week.

Waited for the Background Check and References to be done.

Just got the call.heheheh

I'm hired.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              [...]
              I'm hired.[...]
              Wow! Way to go, Auntie. Tell us more when you can!

Comment

right on auntie lynn!
                "chaos reigns within.
                reflect, repent and reboot.
                order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

WooHOO!!!!!! Way to go, Auntie!
                  Plenny hugs atcha...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

congrats aunty lynn!!!!

best part of my day - an hour conversation during my lunch hour with a dear best friend back home in brooklyn. that put a huge smile on my face. i've been kinda gloomy this last week. home sick - i look out there is nothing but ocean around - missing the corner store across the street - the loud streaking sound of the subway snoofing by late at night - noises from my neighbors at 1 in the morning - sweet elderly puerto rican woman who greets me every morning - while crossing the street to the subway station - the crackling voice of the homeless west indies man on the corner asking for .50 cents for coffee every thursday morning at 7:30 *sighs* the drunken smell of dunkin donuts as you walk up the hoyt/schermerhorn sub station - the 1.00 bootleg dvd's at the salon across from us - the smell of sewage as you walk up the 42nd sub station
                    *sighs again*

when that call came in this afternoon it made it all so better.

i than thought to myself - hawaii isn't all that bad
                    stay forever young

Comment

Yeah, Lynn! Right on the heels of finishing your run for city politics, you step right into something where you WILL make a valuable difference in people's lives, garans. Such good news on the HT front!

Comment

I should look at this topic more often--reading people's entries makes me smile!! More often than not, I can identify with what others have said...

Today the Fed Ex gal came to our door with a package, and while I was signing for it, she told me how much she enjoys driving this route by our home because it really stands out with our landscaping and newer flagstone paving. When we did this about a year ago, it was such a realization of a dream we'd had since moving here in '86. It's nothing spectacular, but we try to keep it nice, and it is different from all the others on our block (7 built at the same time, so they are similar to each other). I never thought about it much from others' points of view--I just knew we loved it--but it made me feel good that she would be kind enough to compliment it. I told her she really made my day! And believe me, it's all because of the grace of God, nothing else. THAT alone is enough to make it a good day!

Comment

A chick lunch today! At Tony Romas in Waikiki. Our destination was Keo's but, dang, as of Sept. 2 they no longer serve lunch. Anyway, we were all very loud with our Palin bashing!

Comment

Phish announced 3 reunion shows for march 6,7,8!!!!!! I reserved tickets for all three days! I am as giddy as a school boy!
                            flickr

An email from God:
                            To: People of Earth
                            Date: 9/04/2007
                            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                            God

Comment

The best part of today was getting a letter from a friend of mine--been a friend, very close friend, since 1969. In it, she told me all about her troubles with her soon-to-be-ex husband, her daughters and granddaughters, and her health. She is only 3 mos younger than I am. I finished reading it and outloud (with no one else home but the bunny) said,
                              "Thank You, Lord--I am SOOOO blessed!"
                              And I mean that!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                A chick lunch today!
                                Chick lunch! Was your waiter cute?

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                                Phish announced 3 reunion shows for march 6,7,8!!!!!! I reserved tickets for all three days! I am as giddy as a school boy!
                                Sweet! Time for some Bathtub Gin! So will you bring your Nikon to this one? Will you bring a MP3 recorder and hope you get a chance to patch into the soundboard?

Want to trade any tapes?

Originally posted by HawaiiMama View Post
                                "Thank You, Lord--I am SOOOO blessed!"
                                And I mean that!
                                Cool. So you get to support a friend and have a better appreciation for you life
                                "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                                "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                                "
                                Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Working...
                                X