Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Free diet plans online

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
    For the record, Amati, your posts were pretty sassy¸ do don’t try to back out of it.
    Forget it Bobinator. Be the jerk you want to be. And put all the urine products in your body you want. Drink urine for all I care.
    Signed,
    Sassy Amati
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Yes, Yes I know eating less and exercising more is the answer and I have stopped fighting the inevitable. Now I walk with my two Akita's every night (well they drag me) and eat 4 to 5 times a day and believe it or not I am loosing weight. The other part of my weight problem is diabetes which I inherited from fada side.

Tanks Dad

And my abuse of food. Ho Hum I must find another way to entertain.......

But i do feel better now. The only problem is I feel like food is again dictating my life due to the diabetes. All I seem to do is eat eat eat sick of food now really.

But thanks for the info on the HCG diet, just not practical for me.

Bye
      Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

hcg doesn’t cause weight loss! There was never any claim that it did. The 500 cal/day diet causes weight loss. HCG causes the body to mobilize and metabolize problem area fat for energy consumption, provided it is done while restricting one’s calories to just 500/day with certain types of food. The protocol is strict and does not recommend eating less or more than 500 calories/day or anything other than the prescribed food.
        Let me start off Bobinator, by acknowledging that you are taking a beating in this thread, so let me just say that I am open to the idea that hCG could do what you say it does. The two main problems I have with it are less about skepticism, and more about side-effects.

First of all, I am not questioning this 500 calories/daily in the right person, since I am willing to subscribe to the idea that the hCG makes up for it. But that still does not take away from the fact that different bodies need a different amounts of calories. This is just Nutrition 101.

Secondly, hCG is a hormone. Any time you alter your hormones artificially, you are messing with the molecular structure of your cellular makeup. This is dangerous ground to be treading on. You are using hCG for its side-effect of assisting fat metabolization. It’s important to note, however, that the MAIN function of hCG in men is to synthesize testosterone. Unless you have testosterone problems, the only time it would be safe to do this, is if you are taking anabolic steroids. This is because taking steroids causes your pituitary gland to stop producing luteinizing hormone (LH) — which you need to trigger production of testosterone in your testes. hCG acts as substitute for LH in that process.

So what are the effects on a normal male? To my knowledge, you can OD on hCG which will cause your body’s natural testosterone production to shut down. Have you thought about the long-term consequences of your injections?
        Last edited by TuNnL; August 31, 2008, 05:34 PM. Reason: accuracy

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          I know someone who was receiving doctor administered HCG shots during the mid-1960s. I don't recall what the food requirements were. He did lose weight.
          Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
          [...]
          So what are the effects on a normal male? To my knowledge, you can OD on hCG which will cause your body’s natural testosterone production to shut down. Have you thought about the long-term consequences of your injections?
          About a decade ago, when I learned of the demise of the man I mentioned above, my very first thought had to do with whether or not it was related to his HCG shots/diet treatment of long ago. I don't know and I'll never know but he did die at a younger age than I would've expected.

Comment

There are no known negative side effects from hcg. Ask any doctor. This is especially true for such a small amount (125-200 I.U's). Pregnant women produce upwards of 30,000 I.U.s/day. My allergies actually got better during the course, and I had stopped taking my allergy meds. I wouldn't have done it without tons of research beforehand. If you do a web search, you're not likely to find a single testimony of any adverse effects from hcg. Jump on any hcg forum, and you'll read nothing but positive results. I've spoken to several doctors and nurses who are familiar with hcg. None of them voiced any concern whatsoever, but were curious about my results. My sister-in-law is a head nurse in the pediatric ward never indicated any harmful effects from hcg.

Composite- You totally missed my point. People on this diet are getting approximately 2,500 cal/day. Around 2,000(+/-) from the metabolized fat. Otherwise, I would have been bed-ridden. Fat is 3,500 cal/Ib. When I calculated my actual weight loss (.82 Ibs./day) that was about right.

All I hoped to do was share something that changed my life in a real positive way and help others to achieve something they never could before. If you want to remain a close-minded sceptic without doing the research or trying it yourself, it's your life. I don't have a problem with those who question the protocol. I have a problem with those who close their minds to it before they actually know the facts and totally write it off out of pure ignorance.

Comment

There are no known negative side effects from hcg.
              So, you choose to ignore the link I provided earlier?
              Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              cases of disfiguration and bladder cancer widely discussed across the internet. One example here
              Bobinator, it's one thing for you to say that the product has done wonders for you. If that's so, congratulations! But you keep taking it so far beyond - to deny that the product might actually be unhealthy for some people, to claim that it is utterly harmless and completely successful, and that its creation has no connection to the urine of pregnant women, despite continued evidence to the contrary (including information from the manufacturers of hCG) posted throughout this thread. That's where your case crumbles. NOTHING is that perfect, and you continue to ignore anything that counters your belief system - yet you call others ignorant.

Re-read the thread, please. Look at all the links that have been provided. Note your own single-mindedness in responses. Check back in after you've done that, please.

Comment

Composite- You totally missed my point. People on this diet are getting approximately 2,500 cal/day. Around 2,000(+/-) from the metabolized fat. Otherwise, I would have been bed-ridden. Fat is 3,500 cal/Ib. When I calculated my actual weight loss (.82 Ibs./day) that was about right.
                My point is that 500 calories a day is a crash diet.

I'm not scoffing what you're trying to do. Instead I'm recommending that there are safer, wiser, carefully documented -- but slower -- ways to achieve your goal.

Unless properly supervised by someone who will keep track of your medical health, crash diets could lead to other problems that are just as serious as the excess weight one is trying to shed.

Any significant lifestyle change needs mutual support, too. The Dr. Dean Ornish (in Boston) program of extremely low fat, moderate exercise and stress reduction required participants to work as a group to provide positive feedback to one another.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ornish_Diet

It is so far the only dietary program that has been proven to reduce dangerous coronary artery blockages. These people, who faced coronary artery bypass surgery, were able to reverse their serious conditions just through this program. But it wasn't easy. There was one death of someone who overworked himself too early in the program with intense exercise. Again, the key to success in this heralded lifestyle alteration was moderation in all aspects of the program.

In a crash diet you would be burning fat, but fat doesn't contain anything except calories to keep your basic metabolism going. Your body also needs a certain amount of other nutrients along the way to make sure what gets worn out is properly replaced. That includes bones, joints, muscles, nerve fibers, blood cells, your immune system, etc. For example, if the body doesn't get the protein it needs to function properly, it'll get it by breaking down muscle tissue and other parts of itself. It's like a ship at sea where the crew will start to tear apart less important bits of the vessel to stay afloat.

For example, your nervous needs a certain amount of calcium to function properly. If calcium isn't available, it'll take it from other sources -- bones -- leading to osteoperosis. Severe shortages of other nutrients, such as vitamin B, can lead to possibly irreversible neural damage. And even if calcium were available, without magnesium and vitamin D, it doesn't get incorporated into the bones. So again, a balanced diet is very important to maintain optimal health.

There are studies that seem to show that reducing the calories to a lower level can not only help control excess weight, but it might also extend an active lifespan as well. But it's also a balanced diet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calorie_restriction

Even the surgical programs that alter the size of the stomach is paired up with an exercise program and close medical supervision. There's no shortcuts or magic to any of this.

My point in all this is that moderation and permanent lifestyle change is the healthiest way to do it, and the only one known to work over the long term.

Crash diets are known to cause more harm than good. When nutrition levels fall well below a certain point for an extended period of time, the body's natural response to that is to flip over into a survival mode -- when you start eating again at a normal level you'll find yourself gaining weight faster than ever. Because now your body will react to your forced starvation as a dangerous famine and store whatever it can to protect itself.

As a result, the weight roller-coasters high and low. The mental state can also slip toward depression due to radical changes in body chemistry and the psychological reaction to chasing an elusive weight goal.

Crash diets will work for a few months. But after a year the weight will come back if a more sustainable and reasonable program isn't properly implemented. And things will end up right back where they started.

Be safe. And do this wisely. That's the point I'm making.

Comment

Here's something that might be interesting and useful:

Studies done right here by Dr. Terry Shintani. It proved extremely successful and beneficial in terms of weight loss and general health. I believe the program started in Waianae where people of Hawaiian ancestry seemed to have a higher than normal incidence of obesity and other related problems.

Google: terry shintani waianae diet program

http://www.ebiblediet.org/

Even Zippy's was offering Shintani-designed items on its menu.

Good luck and best of health!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    So, you choose to ignore the link I provided earlier?

Bobinator, it's one thing for you to say that the product has done wonders for you. If that's so, congratulations! But you keep taking it so far beyond - to deny that the product might actually be unhealthy for some people, to claim that it is utterly harmless and completely successful, and that its creation has no connection to the urine of pregnant women, despite continued evidence to the contrary (including information from the manufacturers of hCG) posted throughout this thread. That's where your case crumbles. NOTHING is that perfect, and you continue to ignore anything that counters your belief system - yet you call others ignorant.

Re-read the thread, please. Look at all the links that have been provided. Note your own single-mindedness in responses. Check back in after you've done that, please.
                    If you read the articles carfully, you'll find that they're saying that the tumors/cancer is producing hcg in the body, not the other way around. There is an apparent association with hcg being present when these conditions exist. It never says hcg is causing the condition. And why would a 86 year old man be taking hcg. Trying to get pregnant? Please read your articles carefully before responding please.

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
                      My point is that 500 calories a day is a crash diet.

I'm not scoffing what you're trying to do. Instead I'm recommending that there are safer, wiser, carefully documented -- but slower -- ways to achieve your goal.

Unless properly supervised by someone who will keep track of your medical health, crash diets could lead to other problems that are just as serious as the excess weight one is trying to shed.

Any significant lifestyle change needs mutual support, too. The Dr. Dean Ornish (in Boston) program of extremely low fat, moderate exercise and stress reduction required participants to work as a group to provide positive feedback to one another.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ornish_Diet

It is so far the only dietary program that has been proven to reduce dangerous coronary artery blockages. These people, who faced coronary artery bypass surgery, were able to reverse their serious conditions just through this program. But it wasn't easy. There was one death of someone who overworked himself too early in the program with intense exercise. Again, the key to success in this heralded lifestyle alteration was moderation in all aspects of the program.

In a crash diet you would be burning fat, but fat doesn't contain anything except calories to keep your basic metabolism going. Your body also needs a certain amount of other nutrients along the way to make sure what gets worn out is properly replaced. That includes bones, joints, muscles, nerve fibers, blood cells, your immune system, etc. For example, if the body doesn't get the protein it needs to function properly, it'll get it by breaking down muscle tissue and other parts of itself. It's like a ship at sea where the crew will start to tear apart less important bits of the vessel to stay afloat.

For example, your nervous needs a certain amount of calcium to function properly. If calcium isn't available, it'll take it from other sources -- bones -- leading to osteoperosis. Severe shortages of other nutrients, such as vitamin B, can lead to possibly irreversible neural damage. And even if calcium were available, without magnesium and vitamin D, it doesn't get incorporated into the bones. So again, a balanced diet is very important to maintain optimal health.

There are studies that seem to show that reducing the calories to a lower level can not only help control excess weight, but it might also extend an active lifespan as well. But it's also a balanced diet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calorie_restriction

Even the surgical programs that alter the size of the stomach is paired up with an exercise program and close medical supervision. There's no shortcuts or magic to any of this.

My point in all this is that moderation and permanent lifestyle change is the healthiest way to do it, and the only one known to work over the long term.

Crash diets are known to cause more harm than good. When nutrition levels fall well below a certain point for an extended period of time, the body's natural response to that is to flip over into a survival mode -- when you start eating again at a normal level you'll find yourself gaining weight faster than ever. Because now your body will react to your forced starvation as a dangerous famine and store whatever it can to protect itself.

As a result, the weight roller-coasters high and low. The mental state can also slip toward depression due to radical changes in body chemistry and the psychological reaction to chasing an elusive weight goal.

Crash diets will work for a few months. But after a year the weight will come back if a more sustainable and reasonable program isn't properly implemented. And things will end up right back where they started.

Be safe. And do this wisely. That's the point I'm making.
                      You're still missing the point and disregarded everything I've said. It is NOT a crash diet. You define crash diet as consuming only 500 calories/day. I'll repeat myself- My body was consuming approximately 2,500 cal/day. Get it? Studies done indicated there is no vitamin and mineral deficiency in anyone following the Simeon's protocol, because the stored fat contains those things. I certainly didn't feel any of the "crash diet" symptoms you described. So I must not have been on one.

You are right, inasmuch as a lifestyle change is required to follow any diet. I agree 100%. The Simeon's diet protocol requires the same, but also requires avoiding junk processed food, highly refined sugars and eating organic as much as possible, getting lots of sleep and drinking a lot of water, eating 6 small meals vs. 2 or 3 big ones is another trick. Eating 2 apples and a grapefruit a day will also help, as well as taking apple cider vinegar, cinnamon and coconut oil, to name a few.
                      Last edited by Bobinator; September 5, 2008, 01:43 PM.

Comment

If you read the articles carfully, you'll find that they're saying that the tumors/cancer is producing hcg in the body, not the other way around.
                        So they do, so they do. I didn't pick up on the use of the hyphen (-producing). You are correct.

But this part still stands, especially the highlight:
                        to deny that the product might actually be unhealthy for some people, to claim that it is utterly harmless and completely successful, and that its creation has no connection to the urine of pregnant women, despite continued evidence to the contrary (including information from the manufacturers of hCG)

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
                          Here's something that might be interesting and useful:

Studies done right here by Dr. Terry Shintani. It proved extremely successful and beneficial in terms of weight loss and general health. I believe the program started in Waianae where people of Hawaiian ancestry seemed to have a higher than normal incidence of obesity and other related problems.

Google: terry shintani waianae diet program

http://www.ebiblediet.org/

Even Zippy's was offering Shintani-designed items on its menu.

Good luck and best of health!
                          Dr. Shintani is a good man. My parents just went to one of his seminars the other week. He confirmed a lot of things I've learned from the book I mentioned at the start of this thread, which unfortunately, people like to trash and discount even before reading it.

The irony is that Zippy's is one of those restaurant chains that uses things in it's food that causes obesity.

Thanx for sharing the link.

Comment

[...]
                            The irony is that Zippy's is one of those restaurant chains that uses things in it's food that causes obesity.[...]
                            Dr. Shintani was the doc I saw for general health care at Waianae Coast Comprehensive Health Center when my doc wasn't available. Dr. Shintani was very concerned about ingredients. I'd be surprised if he didn't dictate the ingredients to be used in any Zippy's food bearing his name.

Comment

The Shintani items at Zippys were approved by the good doctor. So while Zippys is known for food that contradicts a good diet, the Shintani items were healthy.

Comment

It is NOT a crash diet. You define crash diet as consuming only 500 calories/day. I'll repeat myself- My body was consuming approximately 2,500 cal/day.
                                Studies were done on the Simeon diet? What studies? Conducted by whom? With what credentials? Reviewed by what body? Was it a carefully designed and conducted study or is it a collection of personal anecdotes?

Here's a double-blind study published in the Western Journal of Medicine. Double-blind means neither the participants nor the people administering HCG were aware of whether the real thing or a placebo was used.

http://healthread.net/simeon-wt-loss.pdf

Results: HCG provided no measurable differences in weight loss, fat distribution or psychological disposition when following Simeon's protocol.

500 calories a day is 1/4 of what a normal human being should be eating on a daily basis, whether they're on a diet or not. By definition it's a starvation diet. And by definition, starvation is a crash diet.

Put anyone on that many calories in a prison and accusations of cruel punishment would arise.

Your body certainly is consuming more calories than you might be consuming. But if you go below a certain threshold, you're putting yourself into a starvation situation and your body WILL react accordingly. It'll take nutrients from existing tissues and dismantle parts of itself to maintain what nature considers to be the most essential systems: your brain being the top of the ladder. Your bones and muscles being the first to take the hit, even if you still have lots of body fat remaining.

That's why severe diet protocols often increase the risk of dying. Organ damage is one risk. Some can suffer from spontaneous fractures due to osteoporois. I'm not making any of this stuff up. Read the medical reports. Google "obesity crash diet" and find out how crash diets are defined and the risks they pose. Read about the "yo yo" effect where weight loss turns to weight gain because of crash diets.

There's lots of GOOD information on the web if you're willing to learn and truly understand the nature of the human body. As a long-distance cyclist and someone who participated in a lot of endurance-related activities, I had to learn this stuff or suffer the consequences.

That included a 135-miles on a bike, non-stop, around Oahu for 9 hours. And there was a two-day, 200-mile ride from Seattle to Portland, Oregon. I know what it takes to trigger the body into burning fat, because it's a great source of energy for endurance sports. And you don't do it by starving yourself but by carefully monitoring and adjusting your activity level.

The human body always burns fat. But it won't do that if it's being starved. So you'll see triathletes and Tour de France racers eating on the run and drinking stuff laced with electrolytes and complex carbohydrates.

Adipose tissue, body fat, contains lipids. Maybe some hormones but little else. Look it up and see what scientific analysis has to say about it.

These lipids are eventually converted to glycogen, the body's basic fuel. Adipose tissue is NOT a source of any other nutrients. Whoever makes a claim that body fat contains anything other than plain old fat is outright lying or has no knowledge of basic biology.

If you don't trust good science -- information that has been carefully acquired, questioned and properly tested -- then there's no point in any of this discussion. You'd rather comfort yourself with is misleading, unsupported and potentially dangerous claims.

These facts can be found in any properly written tome on human biology.

I'm not trying to knock a diet plan. I'm trying to inform people about what constitutes a safe and carefully tested weight loss process.
                                Last edited by Composite 2992; September 5, 2008, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X