I want HDTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I want HDTV

DirecTV now has KITV, KHON, KGMB, and KHET in HD. Not KHNL. KHET is not working quite right, yet, and KHON doesn't have much HD on.
    Greg

Comment

KHET-HD and KHET-DT2 have been out on Dish for the last couple of days.

Meanwhile KGMB has posted the Directv addition on it's website:
      http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/1410/76/

One wonders about the possible severe weather on Sunday if KGMB will maintain the HD signal for weather updates.

Charles

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
        Oh great.

Do you think they're going to resolve this before they turned off OTA analog broadcasting signals by February 2009?

How is the government (state and/or federal) helping us getting digital broadcasting signals to cover all of the state of Hawai'i?
        It would appear that the Maui and Big Island repeaters will be "flash cut" for quite a few stations.
        Once analog is shutdown, the station reuse the channel for digital.
        Much of East and Windward Oahu would use the Maui repeaters for OTA reception.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
          It would appear that the Maui and Big Island repeaters will be "flash cut" for quite a few stations.
          O-kayyy. What's "flash cut"?

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
          Once analog is shutdown, the station reuse the channel for digital.
          Are they testing them between now and February 2009? Or do we cross our fingers and hope they work after the analog-to-digital switch-over?

Sighs. Maybe somebody should invent cell TV. It receives signals like a cell phone but comes in 15-inch screen or bigger unit.
          Last edited by Random; November 3, 2007, 10:25 PM.
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by LarryPrice
            [/RANT]I live in Hawaii Kai, so that makes OTA out of the question. I also live in a rented townhouse, which makes DirectTV and Dish network non-starters. My ONLY option to receive anything here is OTW, so, like much of the island, I'm SOL...STILL![END RANT]
            Originally posted by Random View Post
            Oh great.

Do you think they're going to resolve this before they turned off OTA analog broadcasting signals by February 2009?

How is the government (state and/or federal) helping us getting digital broadcasting signals to cover all of the state of Hawai'i?
            The analog switch-off has nothing to do with it. I can't get that signal OTA either! I'm tucked in right up against that little ridge between Hawaii Kai and Kuli'ou'ou, so I can't get any usable OTA signals at my house. My house just can't "see" the antennas of any of the stations. Oceanic is my ONLY option, like it or not. Three guesses as to how well I like that arrangement...
            No, I'm not the Larry Price, I just happen to have the same name.

Comment

How is today's weather affecting everyone with DirecTV service? I'm stuck w/Oceanic so I won't be watching the game in HD
              "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

I haven't been able to connect with the DirecTV satellites for several hours now.
                Greg

Comment

No problems with Dish Network in Palolo during the game. A couple short
                  rain fade moments during the Eagles-Cowboys but pic back in under 30 seconds.
                  It looked good in HD

Comment

Finally, KFVE has DTTV back in order. Now if only ALL the stations could more closely synchronize their date/time signals [with the actual date/time] and provide on-air program information...
                    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

So the wife and I went and bought our Xmas present that we had planned since summer: 46" HDTV. But come to find out Oceanic no more HD cable boxes!!! If they don't come in before the Sugar Bowl I'll be so sick.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
                        So the wife and I went and bought our Xmas present that we had planned since summer: 46" HDTV. But come to find out Oceanic no more HD cable boxes!!! If they don't come in before the Sugar Bowl I'll be so sick.
                        Not sure where you live, but if you have a pretty good view towards Ala Moana's Ewa end (the side Sears is on) you might be able to catch KHON's over-the-air signal w/ an antenna. The game should be in HD on their digital channel.
                        I want Ed on Blu-ray/DVD

Comment

Originally posted by 808htfan View Post
                          Not sure where you live, but if you have a pretty good view towards Ala Moana's Ewa end (the side Sears is on) you might be able to catch KHON's over-the-air signal w/ an antenna. The game should be in HD on their digital channel.
                          I live in Kahalu'u on the windward side. Thanks anyway. But I picked up my HD DVR today! The shipment came in!

Comment

...But I picked up my HD DVR today! The shipment came in!
                            That's awesome.
                            I want Ed on Blu-ray/DVD

Comment

I get mine this Friday! Then...to figure it all out.

Comment

if anyone has an hdtv AND and xbox 360 there's an input where you can plug the xbox directly into the hdtv and the picture quality while playing your video game is incredible.

sorry if this seems random, but i just discovered i had this direct plug in when my brother in law brought in his xbox and showed me last month. and we've had the tv for over a year!

Comment

Working...
                                X