Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you doing to combat Summer's Heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you doing to combat Summer's Heat?

The past two days, 90 degrees. Today, it went up to 91 degrees. How are you handling the Summer Heat? Do you have any recommendations other than air-conditioners, fans, etc. I'm going bonkers...

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: What are you doing to combat Summer's Heat?

wot summer heat?
    i steh hawaii kai side.
    on da ocean.
    on da boat.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
      The past two days, 90 degrees. Today, it went up to 91 degrees. How are you handling the Summer Heat? Do you have any recommendations other than air-conditioners, fans, etc. I'm going bonkers...

Go buy one big block of ice, stick 'em insai da bathtub (so wen da buggah melts, not going ruin anyting) and den go sit on 'em! At least your okole going be nice and cool...

Keep da blinds drawn during da day, and no open da doors and windows until nighttime when cooler. You and MAMA gotta watch out for heat stroke. Drink plenty water, eat some salty food too. If get too hot in da house, go to one movie or someplace where get air conditioning.

Malama pono,
      Miulang

Up here, was 82 today.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I'd be out back on the hammock but the fire out by Makapuu is blowing over and messing with my asthma! Or we'd be at the Oahu Club but it's supper time!
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Nothing so far, but maybe I'll call HFD's maintanance facility and maybe they can shoot water from their facility onto my house to cool us down
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

That's not too bad. Lately, we've been dealing with upper 90s to lower 100s here in the east bay. These are definately the days where it's nice going to work in an air-conditioned office.

I usually telecommute (work at home) about once a week, but with the hot temperatures, going to work everyday for the AC is definately a nice incentive.

Comment

Miulang, LavaGal, Adrian and yeah...you too Kimo55, mahalo.

Miulang, ok, if get one block ice...the ice going stick to my okole and make the tub slippery. LOL I'll do the rest of your suggestion. I stick my head in the freezer through-out the day while MAMA yells that I look dumb. She handling the heat with no problem. Lots of water, me...iced tea. As far as going to the movies and other places...we do that too.

LavaGal, I hope your asthma gets better. With the fire and heat in Makapuu, it must be uncomfortable. Stay safe dear. Hugs to Kid I and Kid II from me!

Adrian, how do you get the fire dept to hose your home. Never mind...I remember the gas leak scare.

Kimo, whatever you said, must be in regards to your boating and living in Hawaii Kai...lucky you!

Aunty Lynn

Comment

Kimo, whatever you said, must be in regards to your boating and living in Hawaii Kai...lucky you!

Aunty Lynn
                luck:
                "preparedness meeting opportunity."

Comment

As Edna says, "Luck favors the prepared, dahling."

-

We're into our second day of summer weather here in Seattle. It got up to 78 degrees today. I cooled off by turning up my air conditioner in my car on the drive home. That probably cost me about five extra bucks in gasoline.
                  * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                  - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Drink plenty water.

Comment

Sometimes I put a t-shirt in the freezer to wear when hot. Of course it's only a temporary fix, but sure feels good!
                      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Adrian, how do you get the fire dept to hose your home. Never mind...I remember the gas leak scare.
                        They're a few yards away, just across a drainage canal, maybe they can use one of their trucks and spray water. LOL

Atleast tonight is kinda cool.
                        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Been real hot and humid here da past couple of days. I use AC's to cool our home. I practice golf early in the morning to avoid the humid heat. I run/workout in an airconditioned gym....drink lots of fluids....etc...
                          Lovena

Comment

I remind myself that the 90+ degree weather is at best, around these parts anyway, a very short-lived phenomenon that is to be enjoyed for the novelty it is here. It won't be long before I'm waking up some sub-freezing morning in winter and think to myself, with the cold numbing my body, "Was it really 90 degrees here once?"
                            Last edited by Surfingfarmboy; July 19, 2005, 01:48 AM.

Comment

I'm ready for the heat today! Got my t-shirt in the freezer, ice water in a plastic container with a dispenser in the ice-box, a gallon of ice-tea too! Sliced watermelon and cantelope slices. If that don't do it...I'm gonna throw a tantrum in front of Christy (my daughter) until she buys me an air conditioner. LOL

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                              X