Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you doing to combat Summer's Heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are you doing to combat Summer's Heat?

Ahhh...air conditioner! Not central, only in my room. Maybe get one for the parlor. I still using the frozen t-shirts!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Put some bandaids on cuz Frost Bites
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine

I still using the frozen t-shirts!
        Mo bettah cool it wit da frozen t-shirts bumbai dem frozen "tassle balls" might fall off.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
          Mo bettah cool it wit da frozen t-shirts bumbai dem frozen "tassle balls" might fall off.
          Ho, bruddah, you get one pilau mind, anden! All Tita trying to do is stay cool. And because you live in da Boonies, you know it's tougher to try to get cool den it is to stay warm...you can oni take off so much clothes to try to stay cool befoa dey going throw you insai da calaboose for indecent exposure!

Eh, I tink I going make manapua for da picnic. You like me Fedex you some?

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang

Ho, bruddah, you get one pilau mind, anden! All Tita trying to do is stay cool. And because you live in da Boonies, you know it's tougher to try to get cool den it is to stay warm...you can oni take off so much clothes to try to stay cool befoa dey going throw you insai da calaboose for indecent exposure!
            Dang maybe I wen go bachi myself. Da beeg A/C unit we get dat cools down da whole living room area started making high pitched squealing and deep rumbling noises last night so I had to shut um down...and we stay borderline 100 degrees right now.
            Originally posted by Miulang

Eh, I tink I going make manapua for da picnic. You like me Fedex you some?
            Eh no ack eh!

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
              Dang maybe I wen go bachi myself. Da beeg A/C unit we get dat cools down da whole living room area started making high pitched squealing and deep rumbling noises last night so I had to shut um down...and we stay borderline 100 degrees right now.
              Eh no ack eh!
              Was oni in da 70s dis side of da mountains. You right. I tink you wen bachi yourself good. I dunno...maybe instead of making manapua on Saturday, maybe I should make one onolicious Dream Cake or maybe some gien doi? Wat you tink, eh bruddah? Too bad you going miss 'em dis year. Neva mine. Going catch up in LV in Sept., yeah? Hopefully going cool down in LV by da time we get there. This week had 100 degree+ kine temperatures!

Miulang
              Last edited by Miulang; July 21, 2005, 06:26 PM.
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                Colder than the nipple on a Witch's Tit...describing extreme coldness.
                i heard it as "colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra"...and "colder than a well digger's a**hole"...but i've always liked "colder than a nekkid eskimo"...
                Don't be mean,
                try to help.

Comment

ta taas, hoo has, su sus, chi chis... dang all dese headlight images...
                  u can get hurt and poke ur eyes out! lol
                  Reggie aka pinakboy
                  Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                  Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                  Recipe Tube TV!
                  Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Originally posted by pinakboy
                    ... dang all dese headlight images...
                    u can get hurt and poke ur eyes out! lol
                    See...you guys only talk about cars, sports...you no need get one close-up...bird's eye view enough anden.

Comment

I'm in our lanai enjoying what little winds we have.

The only way this could be better is if my laptop wasn't so dang hot, because its burning my lap!
                      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I remember opening my mouth last month and bragging about the comfortable weather . . . um, sumpin about "the temperatures being below 80°". But last week, it got into triple digits and stayed there for a few days. Bay Area represent . . . yeah, right. Bachi.

What I did was aided by the "Spare the Air" days' free mass transit all over the Bay Area. I rode Caltrain / BART up to San Francisco and spent the day in relatively cool SF, and I caught the local buses to nearby malls and theatres.

My car being in the repair shop prevented me from driving anyway, so access to free public transportation was fortuitous.

While hydrating & taking cool showers and drying off nekkid under my living room fan helped, I'll have to try the "t-shirt in da freezer" next time.
                        Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Working...
                        X