X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is HawaiiThreads.com too mean?

Originally posted by Miulang
    McDonald's coffee? Oh wait, that's Seattle's Best, which is owned by Starbucks.
    Blah, blah, blah... keep padding that post count.

Comment

Geez. I thought this thread died (mercifully) on February 9 but now the mud slinging is back in force. It's sad. And personally I'm disappointed in those of you who are rising to the bait.
      Just my opinion.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
        fiddle with Sudoku puzzles.
        Come on now, let's leave Scrivener out of it...

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
          You may find that your glass house is in the same neighborhood as the one you say Mel is in.
          At least I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong.
          I'm sure you don't assume that everyone on the Mainland is wrong about Hawai`i; you and I just happen to disagree as to Miulang (and maybe a few other folks.)
          No, I don't. But it's obvious you and I have different opinions about Miulang.
          Last edited by Palolo Joe; April 17, 2006, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Come on now, let's leave Scrivener out of it.
            Has nothing to do with Scriv. Has EVERYTHING to do with the old folks I saw last weekend at McDonald's Ala Moana... DRINKING COFFEE AND FIDDLING WITH SUDOKU PUZZLES.

Comment

Has nothing to do with Scriv. Has EVERYTHING to do with the old folks I saw last weekend at McDonald's Ala Moana... DRINKING COFFEE AND FIDDLING WITH SUDOKU PUZZLES.
              Well, why didn't you say that in the first place? Waddaya think we are? Psycho? bahahahahaha
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

No... but when you move away to chase more money on the mainland, don't complain how it's just soooooo tough to make it here at home.

I went to college on the mainland. I worked on the mainland. I made a conscious decision to pack up and come back home.

You can't complain about brain-drain out here if you're part of the problem. If you like the money and opportunity the mainland affords, great. Stay there. You lost your local card.

I'm tired of people who complain about the situation out here and don't do anything to make it better. And I'm not the only one.

Retire on the mainland. Leave Hawaii's limited space and resources for the next generation of tax-paying residents who want to actually effect some change - not drink coffee at McDonalds and fiddle with Sudoku puzzles.
                BTW: It was only partially my choice to move up here and go to school. Since my parents were paying for my education and they adamantly told me I would have a better life on the Mainland, I only did what they told me to do. They wouldn't pay for me to go to school in Hawai'i, but they DID pay for 4 years of undergrad schooling for me (my grad school education I paid for myself).

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Hey Aaron...here's one of those people you say are screwing things up in the 'aina that you're going to have to make right

Miulang

ummm I'm staying out of this
                  Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                  The Kona Blog

Comment

here's one of those people you say are screwing things up in the 'aina
                    Blah, blah, blah... at least I'm here trying, instead of armchair quarterbacking from thousands of miles away.

Nice trolling attempt, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                      Geez. I thought this thread died (mercifully) on February 9 but now the mud slinging is back in force. It's sad. And personally I'm disappointed in those of you who are rising to the bait.
                      Just my opinion.
                      That's still my opinion.
                      You folks need one of these: http://www.shantouwellsold.com/produ...991-143881.jpg

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I don't drink coffee and I don't fiddle with sudoku puzzles. I'm not even retired altho' I'm eligible. I guess the eligibility makes me an 'old folk'. In all seriousness, I'd like to know what's so wrong with 'old folks' drinking coffee at McDs and fiddling with the puzzles. There's no way for any of us to know what those 'old folks' did while still in the work force. Or, what they're doing during the times they aren't seen by you at McDonalds. Quite possibly many of those you saw that day contributed long and hard during their careers, hoping to make changes. Why shouldn't they be able to do what they want when they retire?

Or were you referring to what appears to be 'old folks' from the mainland who retired here? Retirees in general? Caucasian retirees? Local retirees?

Even when shouted, I'm just not getting your point.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                          Even when shouted, I'm just not getting your point.
                          And I wouldn't expect you to, when you focus on one specific part of my previous post and take it out of context. Of course you're missing the point.

Comment

Most folks live their lives doing the best they can to support, teach and love the people in their lives. Very few are the ones that are in control of the actual direction of society, the rest of us have to live within the laws and policies of the land or face the consequences. Although very young at the time, I thought the protests against the Vietnam war would affect a good change. I mean lookit how many were involved and look where we are today. It's like "That Time" never happened! My wife and I have had a few different homeless or stranded travellers stay in our home and helped them get back on their feet. We gave a van to a family that needed it more than us. And more... though small they may be, in the scheme of things. But think about it. Could I have convinced President Reagan to not screw me over or to take better care of them or any other President for that matter? I don't think so. So our mission, if we choose to accept it, is to be "Good Samaritans". Don't just blame others, though they may be wrong, do what you can to make a better world.
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

And I wouldn't expect you to, when you focus on one specific part of my previous post and take it out of context. Of course you're missing the point.
                              How could I take it out of context when I quoted your post #200 in it's entirety? I read your post #191 where you first mentioned the 'old folks' at McDonalds. I'm all ears...or eyes, in this case. Please point me to the message that will explain your point as it's obviously not either of the 2 just mentioned. Simple request. Really.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                                Simple request. Really.
                                That's great, but again - if you choose to ignore the rest of my original post and just focus on a few select words, then it's no wonder you're confused.

Comment

Working...
                                X