This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is HawaiiThreads.com too mean?

Guns don't kill people...it's the people pulling the trigger?
    How can HT be mean... it's a web site!

You must mean the poster here...and I'm sorry if any of my posts have seemed "mean"

Comment

My first contribution to this thread; I've seen a lot of discussion groups on the internet since the 1990's, and I don't find HT to be mean at all. It's one of the nicer message boards I have seen, in fact. I believe everyone here should feel uninhibited, and post their feelings regarding a subject -- even arguing over certain issues can be healthy and proper. As long as we're not too vulgar and gratuitous, and can respect one another as posters at the end of the day, I think we'll be fine.

Comment

what van said.

(miu, here I come)

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
          what van said.

(miu, here I come)
          Hey kimo... what you did when you posted your signature.... read mine in a mirror?

Comment

!ti tog ouY

Comment

I getting teased by kimo...

I gotta bail.... He too mean too me

Hey kimo(nui)!

I was checking some your youtube vids...Pretty funny...

I'm bummed though... My work doesn't allow access to the site there.
              I haven't registered... so I can't post comments there...fyi

Comment

haw. thr. too mean.. hmm. hey manoa! you better register and leave comments. oddawise, you mean!

Comment

• Re: Businesses I would miss...

Originally posted by anapuni808
                  and Kimo - please don't jump all over me because I happen to like a couple of these stores - they have good products at low prices. and we DO need more of those kind of stores here. I'm not saying these particular ones should open here. I shop "local" as much as possible - I think many of us rebel against the big box stores. I get into terrible arguments with my brother because I refuse to go to Home Depot. I've never been to Wal-Mart and have only gone to Macy's 4 times since they opened and then only because I had gift cards to use.
                  I just added this edit to my post. in the meantime, while I was typing, you posted another of your witty, nasty comebacks. It wasn't necessary - you don't know me personally, don't know anything about me except what I post on here. You know nothing of where I live, my ties to the community or what I contribute to my community (and I'm not speaking of HT). I at least attempt to be civil unless someone is being really stupid. Use some of your intellectual prowess to contribute instead of always cutting folks down. It doesn't make you appear to be smarter or better than the rest of us - it just makes you mean-spirited and nasty which is apparently how you want to project yourself although I've heard rumors than in "real life", you aren't that way at all.

ok - now everyone can put me on "ignore" - I've made my little speech.
                  Last edited by admin; June 13, 2006, 09:16 PM. Reason: Split from "Businesses I would miss..." thread.
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

ok - now everyone can put me on "ignore" - I've made my little speech.
                    He deserved it Fran! Bravo!

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

chill, ana.
                      no one goin put anyone on ignore.
                      we banterin' here.
                      you think i would fling curmudgeonly invectives?
                      no way!

Comment

HA! I knew you had another side to you. But, I'm not gonna think of you as a nice guy just yet.

BTW - just went to your "YouTube" site - cool video of you folks with Dog & Beth. and I found out you know Keliiwai, who was my beginning teacher for building websites.
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                          He deserved it Fran!
                          see if I... ever give YOU... a ride home after I been drinkin all day at a piquenique!
                          HA! I knew you had another side to you.
                          do not EVER let that get out. I am a proud one dimensional male pig. oinkoinkwhere'smybeer.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                            see if I... ever give YOU... a ride home after I been drinkin all day at a piquenique!
                            You didn't offer me the ride. "Maddie did!" Plus, was her Van...not yours!

Wup your JAW's!!!!! Anyway's, I can drink you ova anytime Bro Kimo! anytime! You drink like you still Wet behind da ears!

I'm on da roll!!!!

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

and I thank you.........for your support.
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I have often wondered if I am one of the posters sometimes put on ignore by a few, only to have them open my posts eventually to see what I wrote.

A V-8 mind with no clutch. Get's me in trouble constantly. But I don't apologize to any soft-shelled PC'ers. Better toughen up.

Snarky - the way you describe a post that highlights your cognitive dissonance in a condescending or abusive way.

Stupid is not fun or funny, and College is not a cure.
                                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                                X