This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is HawaiiThreads.com too mean?

on the bright side, remember: with dissention comes growth.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
      with dissention comes growth.
      Sometimes, with growth comes chemotherapy, radiation treatment, and surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        Sometimes, with growth comes chemotherapy, radiation treatment, and surgery.
        Hopefully that sentence doesn't pertain to you.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Hopefully that sentence doesn't pertain to you.
          Only in the "relative" sense.

Comment

on the bright side, remember: with dissention comes growth.

Some people undoubtedly get off on causing dissension here.

Note: a hard-on does not count as "personal growth."

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
              Hello!!!!! To some men...they tink so!

Too Funny.

Wow! I come in to dis?

Good morning All!

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
                I think you just managed to insult many of the men on this board!
                Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
                Ow! Us Y-chromosomers are taking a beating today, aren't we? You titas are just too mean! (Staying on topic...)

Comment

There is definitely alot of unnecessary negativity above and beyond trying to just get one's opinion across to the other poster's here at HT.

I guess since the universe revolves around each one of us individually, our solar systems can't help but collide?
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                    There is definitely alot of unnecessary negativity above and beyond trying to just get one's opinion across to the other poster's here at HT.

I guess since the universe revolves around each one of us individually, our solar systems can't help but collide?
                    well, if enough heat can make molecules bump and grind and send em out sky high in a gaseous form, why would we expect folk like us to be exempt from those same laws of physics?

pax

Comment

well, if enough heat can make molecules bump and grind and send em out sky high in a gaseous form, why would we expect folk like us to be exempt from those same laws of physics?
                      heheheh. I'm exempt. I'm alone. I'm SINGLE. There is no PHYSICS!

Only me and Leimomi!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Just read this whole thing. Wow.

Maybe it's because I'm new, come on here sporadically, or only look at threads that are "mean-free", but it never even crossed my mind that HT was too mean until now. And after reading this thread.... yeah, maybe it is too mean.

Personally, I've never been attacked or felt like someone on here was being mean to me in HT, and even if they were, it doesn't seem like a big deal. It's just a message board, and I don't expect everyone to agree with my opinion. Course now that I just said that, I'll prolly get flamed.

Comment

I have been lurking on here for a while but decided to join to give my opinion. I do not think that Hawaiithreads is too mean. I have been on many other message boards that are much much worse. The arguments in here are like arguments between ohana: me and my sisters bicker all the time but we never stay mad long and still love each other

Comment

Originally posted by Lorilei View Post
                            I have been lurking on here for a while but decided to join to give my opinion. I do not think that Hawaiithreads is too mean. I have been on many other message boards that are much much worse. The arguments in here are like arguments between ohana: me and my sisters bicker all the time but we never stay mad long and still love each other
                            Yep so far Hawaii Threads seems to be pretty tame to me. I like it.

It allows for thoughtful discussion on topics that might not otherwise be discussed in Hawaii. I never ever speak my mind in public or company outside my close friends on issues that are discussed here.

Comment

Meh... HT isn't any meaner than any other sites on the WWW. The Internet in general can be an extremely mean place. It's cause people interact with each other without having to "face" one another so inhibitions are lost and consequenses of ones words have virtually no meaning to them. Plus there aren't enough emoticons out there to show how people intend for their words to be meant 100% of the time. So take the addage "There's an a$$hole in every crowd" and imagine the crowd to be the entire world and figure out how many a$$holes there are lol.

That said. I too have seen places way meaner than HT. HT is a good place to me.
                              -kp!

Comment

"Blunt" sometimes, "mean" occasionally.

But hardly ever "too mean."

I think the forum most cited for meanness would probably be the "Islands Ahoy" forum. And I don't think it's because there is all that much downright meanness there.

Just stuff that people don't want to hear, perhaps, and interpret as bubble-bashing meanie activity.
                                Last edited by WindwardOahuRN; November 26, 2006, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X