Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hawaii Threads Trivia Contest -- Go Fourth and Multiply

Originally posted by zztype View Post
    Oh, crap! I forgot to put in my answers! Preoccupied!

Now gotta fight harder to beat the goat lady!
    Haha! Wow, I totally missed these last set of questions. Too busy watching the marching bands at last night's Rainbow Invitational.

Comment

OK - I got a little cocky with the last set - telling Scriv they were too easy. I'll give on the Cram thing. I never even looked it up - just said Double Dare. But...... at the risk of prtesting too much ........ I have to argue on the side dish thing. I didn't say raw julienne poatatoes because it wasn't ON THE SIDE. The steak was wrapped around them - making them a part of the entree. In much the same way if you ordered Courdon Bleu. The chicken is wrapped around (or "stuffed") with the ham and cheese. You wouldn't call the ham and cheese a side dish. I even asked acoustic guy (who is a chef) and he agrees. You specifically asked what did it come with? Because of the Cordon Bleu arguement I specifically left it out.

I don't know, I think Tutusue, Mel and I deserve an extra half point.....

Comment

Oh, crap! I forgot to put in my answers! Preoccupied!

Now gotta fight harder to beat the goat lady!
        I was wondering what happened to you -- thought you gave up!

But I wont back down! ~Evil Goat Lady~
        So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
          [...]I don't know, I think Tutusue, Mel and I deserve an extra half point.....
          Me, too! 'Cept I did mention the raw potatoes. It was the *only* side I mentioned! And, no more "too easy" comments to Scriv, ya hear?!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Me, too! 'Cept I did mention the raw potatoes. It was the *only* side I mentioned!
            I almost mentioned the raw potatoes, but only said "garlic rice," based on this old post of Scrivener's. Worth a half-point for mentioning one side (if not all), as did tutusue, acousticlady, and mel?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              I almost mentioned the raw potatoes, but only said "garlic rice," based on this old post of Scrivener's. Worth a half-point for mentioning one side (if not all), as did tutusue, acousticlady, and mel?
              It would have been, if garlic rice came with all the plates. You have to ask for it.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                It would have been, if garlic rice came with all the plates. You have to ask for it.
                Well, you asked what is served with the plates - and if you request it, of course it would be served with ...

...yeah, I know, I know; pretty weak argument. I'm dropping it now; but I hadda ask. On to Day 11! (I have two answers, am still researching one.)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  [...]On to Day 11! (I have two answers, am still researching one.)
                  Please PM those 2 answers to me! I don't have time to play today!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Please PM those 2 answers to me! I don't have time to play today!
                    Ditto....I'm too tired to research today. I accept all forms of FREE answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalei99 View Post
                      I accept all forms of FREE answers.
                      They'll be as useful as the secrets you revealed earlier, garans.

Comment

For you busy people:

HawaiiThreads Trivia Contest!
                        Here are the answers for Day 11!

1. Category: He'll Give You a Ring
What former high-school teacher, the acknowledged sensei of amateur sumo in Hawaii, hosts sumo training and contests at a dohyo he's built at his own home?

Robert Kekaula.

2. Category: You Be Illin'
According to the old adage, what food should not be consumed (for health reasons) during the months of May, June, July, and August?

Any roadkill, especially goats, "harvested" in December, January, February or March.

3. Category: Water You Doing?
In what music video does a boy struggle to hold the lid of his classroom desk shut while water tries to flow out of it?

Van Halen's "Hot For Teacher" or the Beatles' "Fixin' A Hole."

Hope that helps.

Blaine
                        Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Van Halen's "Hot For Teacher"
                          Specifically, the recent "Hogwarts Video Remix," where it is revealed that Harry Potter is hot for the recently out-ed Dumbledore.

Comment

For you busy people:

HawaiiThreads Trivia Contest!
                            Here are the answers for Day 11!

3. Category: Water You Doing?
In what music video does a boy struggle to hold the lid of his classroom desk shut while water tries to flow out of it?

Van Halen's "Hot For Teacher" or the Beatles' "Fixin' A Hole."

Hope that helps.

Blaine
                            Maybe more correctly, it was The Beatles' "Fixin A-Hole"?
                            Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Gee, thanks brother! I KNEW it was that Beatles song! Don't forget to forget to submit your answers.

Comment

Hilarious! Where's that reputation icon when you need it?
                                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                                X