• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hawaii Threads Trivia Contest -- Go Fourth and Multiply

Originally posted by Kalei99 View Post
    OK, OK....I'll share a few of my secrets:

Here's a real good one: Secret Number 1

This one's good for those hard to research questions: Secret Numba 2

And if you can't find it at either of those sites, this one really rocks! Secret numba tree

Hope this helps!

~Kalei~
    Cruelty, thy name is Kalei!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      [...]Category: Beefeater
      What does Tae's Teppan-Yaki serve with its varieties of teppan-yaki-style plates?[...]
      Rice with canned apricots!

Comment

Originally posted by Kalei99 View Post
        OK, OK....I'll share a few of my secrets:
        In my dreams, maybe!!!
        [...]And if you can't find it at either of those sites, this one really rocks! Secret numba tree
        Ooooh POOP! They played Jerry's Bait Shop in Lee's Summit, MO and my cousin never told me. Sheesh!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          In my dreams, maybe!!!

I think the ones to worry about are Liberty (she's being waaaaay too quiet -- just the kind to sneak up on you and knock out!)

and zztype -- he so badly wants to beat his poor, helpless, shy little sister, he'll do just about anything!
          So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

I wish I played from the beginning. I'd be the king of this.
            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
              You're still in scoring position.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                Talk's cheap, big boy!

Comment

In my commute from Oahu to Maui, (yes I moved) I completely forgot 'bout the trivia game, until almost 10:00 p.m. last night as I was drifting off to sleep on my new pillow. Oh well, seems like Kalei is still standing ontop of us all, besides I didn't know any of the answers at first glance. So, I just wanted to say...I'm not giving anyone "chance" anymore!
                  ___
                  "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post

[...] So I'm giving a full point to anyone who said "Raven's Revenge," and a half point to anyone who gave the name of another, similar candy.

[...] mel and liberty, I'll give you the half-point if you can send me a link to confirm...I couldn't find anything to verify your answers.
                    Hey scrivener, I found "Crave" in this 1999 CNN article. The test-tube candies in this pic from the article look similar to the ones in the picture you posted.

The film was shot in Waianae, on the grounds of the Pu`u Kahea Baptist Conference Center. It's that huge plantation house behind Waianae Baptist Church, the one with the giant royal palms. You can see it from Pilila`au Park, across the canal, or even from the drive-through at Taco Bell.
                    Interesting stuff! And I know where that is! Jeez, before this trivia question, I wasn't even aware there was a fourth Parent Trap installment, let alone a third one!

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Liberty...I bet it was supposed to be Alohea St. as the guy abandoned his car near Diamond Head Theater. My luck, tho'. I'm one point closer to you!
                    Heehee. What ever happened to fact-checking and spell-checking? :P
                    Last edited by liberty; November 13, 2007, 02:50 PM.

Comment

HawaiiThreads Trivia Contest!
                      Here are the answers for Day 10!

Category: Beefeater
                      What does Tae's Teppan-Yaki serve with its varieties of teppan-yaki-style plates?
                      Please note that I was careful to say "with its varieties," so as to make clear I wasn't asking for the varieties themselves. Sheesh, some of you need to learn to read the questions better!

The answer is "rice, romaine lettuce, julienned raw potatoes, and ponzu sauce." For getting all that, a full point each for lavagal, Kalei99, Surfingfarmboy, kiwidiva, CranBeree, and kanahina.

Half-points for getting some of those (but not all) for tutusue, acousticlady, and mel!

Category: Movie Questions Are My Can't-Think-of-Anything Category
                      In what film does the main character sculpt a mountain made of mashed potatoes while dining with his family?
                      Of course I'm thinking of Close Encounters of the Third Kind, which I tried to watch when I was a young teenager and couldn't get into, but which I saw a few summers ago and really dug.

I haven't seen UHF, but since that was a parody movie, it wouldn't surprise me at all if that scene were paid tribute to. Will someone confirm for me that the main character sculpts a mountain out of mashed potatoes while dining with his family? Thank you.

Mashed potatoes and gravy for helen, lavagal, Kalei99, Leo Lakio, tutusue, Surfingfarmboy, acousticlady, Palama Kid, kiwidiva, mel, kanahina, and jdub!

Category: Big Wheel Keep on Turnin'
                      What television game show featured a round in which contestants answered questions while in a giant, human-sized exercise wheel of the sort you often see in a mouse's cage?
                      That would be Cram, on the Game Show Network. This was the show where contestants had twenty-four hours to study all the material (and them some!) that would be used in the contest, then they'd compete against other sleep-deprived contestants. It was a GREAT show.

And only InfinityProductions got it right!

There were a lot of "Double Dare" answers, but I am 99.5% certain that on Double Dare, contestants were not asked questions while they ran in the One-Ton Hamster Thingie (whatever it was called).

I do, however, have to accept kanahina's answer, Dog Eat Dog, which sounds like a pretty cool game, too.

Leo Lakio, if you can verify your answer, I'll give the point!

I'm also giving liberty a point for her "crave" answer for the powdered candy question. Not only does it fit the description, but it appears no longer to be in production. I mean .

Here are the current scores!
                      26.50: Kalei99
                      22.5: liberty
                      21.5: zztype, Leo Lakio
                      21.25: tutusue
                      21: acousticlady
                      20.75: Surfingfarmboy
                      20: Infinity Productions
                      19.5: lavagal
                      15.75: CranBeree
                      15: mel
                      10.5: Mike_Lowery
                      9.5: jdub
                      9: kanahina
                      8: Palama Kid
                      5.25: helen
                      5: kiwidiva
                      1: Peshkwe

Whew! Please check your scores! They are playing the music in this Starbucks REALLY loudly and it's affecting my concentration!

New questions, next post!

ps: don't forget to tell me whether or not an audio question would give you problems because you don't have a high-speed net connection, please!
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Oh, crap! I forgot to put in my answers! Preoccupied!

Now gotta fight harder to beat the goat lady!
                        Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post

she put a spell on you!
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Here's a link to UHF point?

Okay, "with its varieties" could mean that the "flavors" are the "variety" and served with its varieties is steak?

Working it for a couple of extra points.
                            ___
                            "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post

That was me last night!
                              ___
                              "Be god to each other."

Comment

HawaiiThreads Trivia Contest!
                                Here are the questions for Day 11!
                                1. Category: He'll Give You a Ring
                                  What former high-school teacher, the acknowledged sensei of amateur sumo in Hawaii, hosts sumo training and contests at a dohyo he's built at his own home?

2. Category: You Be Illin'
                                  According to the old adage, what food should not be consumed (for health reasons) during the months of May, June, July, and August?

3. Category: Water You Doing?
                                  In what music video does a boy struggle to hold the lid of his classroom desk shut while water tries to flow out of it?

Please send me your answers IN PRIVATE MAIL by 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 14! Good luck, and have fun!
                                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                                X