Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Name that Logo

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
    Leashlaws, you're good! I thought nobody was gonna get Kaka'ako Kitchen's logo without more hints. That's the most non-descriptive design of the bunch.

Kimo, you're correct on 2 & 3!...

The Hungry Lion design is quite obvious and as descriptive as it gets.

I was gonna' erase the hearts in the I Love Country Cafe logo to make it more challenging, which I should have. That made it too obvious.

Kane-Lehua, that's a good guess! The Shack's logo is just their name in stylized text that resembles wood planks.
    Thanks! I knew it right away! I used to eat there all the time when I worked at the Ward Village. It is a difficult one you're right! Great game!
    I'm trying to think of one to add! I also used to eat at Taiyo quite a bit when I worked in Ala Moana many years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
      Taiyo Ramen! Thanks for the clue, Pomai. I would have never guessed otherwise.
      That restaurant was in a row of businesses that included Bakery Kapiolani, Ambercrombie for Congress, and used to have a L&L,Chicken Alice, and a buffet restaurant that I can't remember the name even before Taiyo Ramen. What time did that restaurant stay open till? It seems like it was a place for bar patrons, strippers, or bar girls from the Keeaumoku area go when they felt a bit peckish.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
        That restaurant was in a row of businesses that included Bakery Kapiolani, Ambercrombie for Congress, and used to have a L&L,Chicken Alice, and a buffet restaurant that I can't remember the name even before Taiyo Ramen.
        There was also a Korean restaurant in there named So Gong Dong, which relocated and is still doing well in the McCully Shopping Center.

Here's a new round!...

General hint: Again, all these establishments are located in Honolulu.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

#2. Compadres
          #3. Ward Center
          #1. Gyotaku (2 locations)
          Last edited by leashlaws; July 29, 2008, 10:48 AM. Reason: forgot to answer #1!

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
            #2. Compadres
            #3. Ward Center
            #1. Gyotaku (2 locations)
            1 and 2 are correct! Actually Gyotaku has 3 locations now: King st., Waimalu (Pearl City) and a the newest one in the Niu Valley Shopping Center (east Oahu).

#3 is wrong. Way off. It's not Ward Center. Hint, the place is named after a type of tree.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

You're right I forgot there are three.

Banana Leaf Cafe?

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                There was also a Korean restaurant in there named So Gong Dong, which relocated and is still doing well in the McCully Shopping Center.
                So Gong Dong?
                There's a Chinese restaurant at the McCully Shopping that you have to announciate correctly or you'll get the middle finger response.

3. Is Palm in its title?

Comment

3. Is Palm in its title?
                  Paradise Palms Café?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                  USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

So Gong Dong?
                    There's a Chinese restaurant at the McCully Shopping that you have to announciate correctly or you'll get the middle finger response.

3. Is Palm in its title?
                    Don't forget the Thai restaurant in the same center with a similar connotation. lol

For #3 in round 3, there's no 'palm' in its name. Another hint: The property was once known as Kapa'akea Springs, and was owned by Queen Kamamalu, sister of Kamehameha IV and V.
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Before your hints this logo has been bothering me ALL DAY! While driving around town (nowhere near the place) it popped into my head! I can now
                      safely say it's the WILLOWS. I've enjoyed many meals there and can't believe it didn't hit me before. You know how you know something and can't place it and it drives you nuts - this logo!

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                        You know how you know something and can't place it and it drives you nuts - this logo!
                        Exactly.

Their logo while being suggestive of what they're all about, with the what looks vaguely like water (their freshwater ponds) and flora (the "palm" leaves), hardly resembles what a Willow Tree looks like...

The Willows logo would fit just as well for a resort hotel.

For #1, the Japanese Kanji characters over the fish spell out GYOTAKU in two parts: GYO (fish) TAKU (rubbing) - 魚 拓
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Round 4! This time showcasing their mascots, which some of which aren't necessarily their logo in and of itself, but usually incorporated into their advertising and/or menu design

All located on Oahu
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

#3. Shiro from Shiro's Saimin Haven

Comment

boy, hard, hard, hard!

yep, the only one i got was #3, shiro's.
                              "chaos reigns within.
                              reflect, repent and reboot.
                              order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

2. Azteca Mexican restaurant?
                                1. China Big Boy (Not Yao Ming)
                                Last edited by Walkoff Balk; July 30, 2008, 06:51 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Working...
                                X