Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Name that Logo

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
    I have it on good authority that glossyp has yet to try El Mariachi over here in Kaneohe (after I've been raving about it) but I know we'll be carrying out food from there together very soon and a report will come from that meal
    no doubt! My dining buddy and bff
    I didn't even know that was there. I'm no expert on Mexican food (JITB tacos rock!) but I'll try it this afternoon with the wife since she's heard about it just recently .

Comment

1. sansei restaurant?
      "chaos reigns within.
      reflect, repent and reboot.
      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
        1. sansei restaurant?
        Nope. Sansei's logo incorporates one Tako. But you're on the right track!
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Yama's? for #3 ?

Comment

Hey, Nice game, Pomai. I love games.

My guesses:

1. Aloha Sushi
            2. Genki
            3. Kozo

Comment

BTW, "logo" means "word," or "talk" in Greek.

I teach my marketing students at HPU that logos are usually the company's name, presented graphically. Longs, for instance, has no separate graphic element.

Many companies have a graphic, but the company name is often part of it. As this quiz illustrates, the graphic element is usually not enough for people to recognize the brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Creative-1 View Post
                BTW, "logo" means "word," or "talk" in Greek.

I teach my marketing students at HPU that logos are usually the company's name, presented graphically. Longs, for instance, has no separate graphic element.

Many companies have a graphic, but the company name is often part of it. As this quiz illustrates, the graphic element is usually not enough for people to recognize the brand.
                According to this article, Coca Cola, with their distinctive cursive script logo is the most recognizable corporate trademark in the world, followed by McDonald's yellow golden arches, and then Nike's "swoosh" logo.

You listed all three sushi establishments correctly!...

I'm biased towards Kozo because I grew up eating there, at the Kaneohe location. The most disappointing Kozo I've been to was the one in Pearl City Shopping Center, where they had the lunch boxes pre-made. That's a no-no! The Moili'ili location across the old stadium is the bomb. Always top quality and fresh-tasting, with everything always made-to-order. If your sushi isn't made-to-order, and is pre-made, don't accept it.
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

New round!...

All three are on Oahu
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

#1 Don Quijote
                    #3 Yummy's

Don't know about the cow.

Comment

#2: the cattle company? bet i got that one wrong, too ;p
                      "chaos reigns within.
                      reflect, repent and reboot.
                      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

2. Meadow Gold?

Comment

Kani-lehua, no, not the Cattle Company. Good guess though!

Walkoff Balk, not Meadow Gold either.

Hint, the same owners have another restaurant on Ward Avenue with a completely different name, but still offers their signature dish from this restaurant, which has two locations I won't say where.

Another hint, they used to be located in a bowling alley.
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                            Kani-lehua, no, not the Cattle Company. Good guess though!

Walkoff Balk, not Meadow Gold either.

Hint, the same owners have another restaurant on Ward Avenue with a completely different name, but still offers their signature dish from this restaurant, which has two locations I won't say where.

Another hint, they used to be located in a bowling alley.
                            Oh! I know! I know! But I'll let others guess first. The place on Ward is Asahi, which means rising sun. The place is City Square just closed.

Comment

Gotta be Kapi`olani Coffee Shop

Is that the "ox" from which the tail comes?

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                                Gotta be Kapi`olani Coffee Shop

Is that the "ox" from which the tail comes?
                                That's it!

According to this article by Erika Engle, the Kapiolani Coffee Shop's City Square location has closed and they're looking for a new location, while in its place will be a Vietnamese Pho restaurant. Also moving into City Square will be a Chuck E. Cheese, replacing the larger space where Grocery Outlet once was. That's a weird place for a Chuck E. Cheese. I suppose Kalihi/Kapalama area residents will be their primary customers.

Honoruru, you got the other two rather quickly. I thought Yummy's was gonna' be a stumper. Don Quijote's "Don Pen" the Penquin looks like the kid who used to get bullied and picked on in school. lol

I'd like to try the Oxtail Soup at the Board of Water Supply Cafeteria. HYN Pake swears by the good food and good prices there. The Oxtail Soup is only $7.50, compared to KCS, where it's about $13. That better be a damned good bowl 'o soup!
                                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                                X