• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Name that TV show!
    Cindy Carol and Christopher Connelly.

Comment

What was the name of the comedy show about a bunch of cops and from which 2 of the main actors later went on to star in another comedy together a few years later? Who were those 2 actors, and what was the name of the second show? A famous black comedian also had a part during the 1961-62 season of the cop show.

Miulang
      Last edited by Miulang; March 13, 2006, 11:45 AM.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
        Cindy Carol and Christopher Connelly.
        Four down...one to go!
        Cindy Carol is a stage name. What's her real name?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
          Four down...one to go!
          Cindy Carol is a stage name. What's her real name?
          Google says she also used "Carol Sydes"
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang

Yeah, but who was her gynecologist?

Comment

What was the name of the comedy show about a bunch of cops and from which 2 of the main actors later went on to star in another comedy together a few years later? Who were those 2 actors, and what was the name of the second show? A famous black comedian also had a part during the 1961-62 season of the cop show.

Miulang
              Does "Car 54 Where Are You" fit into this equation? <shrug!>

Comment

LMAO Lurkah!!

Comment

That's her real name. So, if anyone knows how I can send Miulang an iTunes gift certificate for one song please let me know. It doesn't look like I can! No matters...cash works, too! You earned it, Miulang!

Comment

Da Lurkah, S.A.

Comment

Miulang
                      Hey, Let me play! The cop show was Barney Miller. I think the second show was Fish. Black comedian: Ron Glass?

Comment

Come to think of it, I don't think Barney Miller is correct. I didn't notice the date of the shows.

Comment

Originally posted by hidenori
                          Come to think of it, I don't think Barney Miller is correct. I didn't notice the date of the shows.
                          January 23, 1975 - September 9, 1982
                          Good guess, tho'! Better than mine, I think!
                          Last edited by tutusue; March 13, 2006, 01:24 PM. Reason: damn typos!

Comment

Like TutuSue said, it was "Car 54 Where Are You" with Fred Gwynne(Herman Munster), Al Lewis(Herman's father-in-law), and black comedian Nipsey Russell.

Comment

Like TutuSue said, it was "Car 54 Where Are You" with Fred Gwynne(Herman Munster), Al Lewis(Herman's father-in-law), and black comedian Nipsey Russell.
                              My guess was a total stab in the dark! And I completely missed The Munsters! Nipsey Russell, too. I don't remember him in Car 54 but then I didn't watch all that many episodes.

Comment

Yes. Lurkah is right. The 2 comedians were Fred Gwynne and Al Lewis (who just died recently) and Nipsey Russell did play another policeman in that show.

Tutusue: don't worry about any prizes. I don't own an iPod so it's just fun trying to remember all those hours spent in front of the TV...ah wasted youth! Since you knew some of those Hollywood kids, did you also happen to know Yolanda Velez? Her Mom and Dad were very famous dancers in the 1950s and 60s (Veloz and Yolanda). She went on and married Bernie Kopell of the Love Boat.

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                                X