X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Name that TV show!

Originally posted by Miulang
    The Addams Fameelee!

Yup! And I cannot get that song out of my head! Should I sing it for my two little girls?! It will crack them up!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

What was the name of one of the 50's B&W TV shows to celebrate the joys of the middle class nuclear family? The guy who played the son later grew up to become a motorbike racer and inventor of the Lovin' Thumb Self-Massager. The youngest daughter grew up to become a famous evangelist and motivational speaker.

Miulang
      father knows best.

I watched Bud in his racing days firsthand at raceway parks...

oh.... he also played da keiki in
      the day the earth stood still
      Last edited by kimo55; March 12, 2006, 06:27 PM.

Comment

What show was set in an LA Barrio and had Jose Feliciano singing the theme song (two different songs...one at the beginning and one at the end of each show)?

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

What family show had the obnoxious character named Eddie Haskell in it? (I met the guy who played the older son in Hollywood many moons ago when the show was still on).

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

(erase...kimo and lavagal giving me lickens)
            Last edited by lurkah; March 12, 2006, 06:39 PM.

Comment

What show was set in an LA Barrio and had Jose Feliciano singing the theme song (two different songs...one at the beginning and one at the end of each show)?

Miulang
              "Chico and the Man"

by Jose Feliciano

Song: Chico and the Man Lyrics

Chico, don't be discouraged,
              The Man he ain't so hard to understand.
              Chico, if you try now,
              I know that you can lend a helping hand.

Because there's good in everyone
              And a new day has begun
              You can see the morning sun if you try.

And I know, things will be better
              Oh yes they will for Chico and the Man
              Yes they will for Chico and the Man.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                Why, it's Orson Welles in "War of the Worlds", by cracky!
                I dunno, Lurkah. That wasn't what I had in mind! But, that doesn't mean you're wrong, either! Maybe there are 2...or more...answers! I was thinking of something/someone a bit more...ummm...comedic!

Comment

What family show had the obnoxious character named Eddie Haskell in it? (I met the guy who played the older son in Hollywood many moons ago when the show was still on).

Miulang

Leave it to Beaver! So was it Eddie Haskell who became Alice Cooper?
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Miulang
                    http://www.leaveittobeaver.org/gang/gang_eddie.htm

perfect description...

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                      Leave it to Beaver! So was it Eddie Haskell who became Alice Cooper?
                      No, he became an LA cop:

"...
                      The child-actor who became so memorable as the wise-cracking Eddie Haskell went on to a real life career as one of the "good guys," whose job is "to Protect and to Serve." Ken Osmond served an 18 year career with the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD). During his time on the force he worked in vice, narcotics and as a motorcycle officer. He retired after getting hit with three bullets while in a foot chase with a suspected car thief. He eventually returned to acting with appearances on Happy Days and the TV movie High School USA. Osmond reprised his role as “Eddie” on the TV series revival Still the Beaver and appeared in the 1997 feature film Leave It to Beaver. For the 1997 film, instead of attempting to replace Osmond's unforegettable Haskell character, Osmond played Eddie Haskell, Sr., with young actor Adam Zolotin in the role of Eddie Haskell, Jr...."

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue

I dunno, Lurkah. That wasn't what I had in mind! But, that doesn't mean you're wrong, either! Maybe there are 2...or more...answers! I was thinking of something/someone a bit more...ummm...comedic!
                        Rats, foiled again. That's what I get for trying to compete with da really old futs.

Comment

What comedy series featured a female character named Zelda?

Comment

Miulang
                            "Leave it to Beaver"!

Comment

What comedy series featured a female character named Zelda?
                              Dobie Gillis

Comment

What show had a Japanese housekeeper and a child actor who later became part of the punk group "Dr. Know" and "The Dead Kennedys"?

Comment

Working...
                                X