Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Name that TV show!

Originally posted by tutusue

The star was known for his eyebrows and mustache! Any guesses on the sidekick?
    Okay, that has to be Groucho Marx so then gramma's beau was George Fenneman.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
      Okay, that has to be Groucho Marx so then gramma's beau was George Fenneman.
      DING! DING! DING! Mel got one of the answers! The show was the Cisco Kid. The sidekick's character name was Pancho. His real name was Leo Carillo. That took some digging, Mel!

DING! DING! DING! Lurkah...you're right with George Fenneman as Groucho's sidekick.

BUT...my gramma dated Leo Carillo, not George Fenneman! Like Guy Williams and Bill Dana, George was way too young for my gramma!

Comment

Well, I guess if I'd never heard of Cisco Kid, Pancho or Leo Carillo, I really shouldn't feel too old, I mean bad.

Comment

As a kid, my dad's nickname for me was Sapphire 'cuz I used to get so tan! While this is no longer a PC reference, decades ago it was acceptable and even a compliment considering Sapphire was a character in my all time favorite TV show.

And, Helen, you're too young but I'm sure you'll be able to name the show anyway!
          Ok all you younguns! Time for another clue!
          First of all...a correction. It's Saffire, not Sapphire!
          This show started in radio before CBS turned it into a series. It was in b&w, in more ways than one.

Comment

Ok all you younguns! Time for another clue!
            First of all...a correction. It's Saffire, not Sapphire!
            This show started in radio before CBS turned it into a series. It was in b&w, in more ways than one.
            The Jack Benny Show?
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

amos n andy show.

B&W did it for me.

Comment

Then who used to refer to "Ruby Begonia" all the time?
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                  amos n andy show.

B&W did it for me.
                  We've got another WINNER!

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                    Then who used to refer to "Ruby Begonia" all the time?
                    I think Ruby was Amos' wife.

I'm looking forward to getting the DVD set!

Comment

By now you're all victims of my long term memory!
                      So...which radio-turned-tv "star" and show caused TV set sales to skyrocket? That's a 2 part question!

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                        Well, I guess if I'd never heard of Cisco Kid, Pancho or Leo Carillo, I really shouldn't feel too old, I mean bad.
                        Youth! hrmmmmmph!

Comment

By now you're all victims of my long term memory!
                          So...which radio-turned-tv "star" and show caused TV set sales to skyrocket? That's a 2 part question!
                          Why, it's Orson Welles in "War of the Worlds", by cracky!

Comment

What was the name of one of the 50's B&W TV shows to celebrate the joys of the middle class nuclear family? The guy who played the son later grew up to become a motorbike racer and inventor of the Lovin' Thumb Self-Massager. The youngest daughter grew up to become a famous evangelist and motivational speaker.

Miulang
                            Last edited by Miulang; March 12, 2006, 06:23 PM.

Comment

As a first grader at St. Peter's School in Riverside, N.J., I was mesmerized by a certain TV show. After we ate in the cafeteria, which was below the cavernous church, we were permitted to go up and pray. I had my plan. I went up, kneeled at the altar, and waited for everyone to leave.

"Da-da-da-DUH!"
                              Snap fingers twice
                              "Da-da-da-DUH!
                              Snap fingers twice
                              "Da-da-da-DUH! Da-da-da-DUH! Da-da-da-DUH!"

Out came the priest from the sacristy.

I did what any normal kid would do. I crossed myself and quickly walked out of there. I was hugely embarrassed, but I never heard a thing about it. Two years later I joined the school choir. I loved the acoustics in that church!

So? What was that TV show? Hint: I don't know if I had done this on a Tuesday or not!
                              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                                As a first grader at St. Peter's School in Riverside, N.J., I was mesmerized by a certain TV show. After we ate in the cafeteria, which was below the cavernous church, we were permitted to go up and pray. I had my plan. I went up, kneeled at the altar, and waited for everyone to leave.

"Da-da-da-DUH!"
                                Snap fingers twice
                                "Da-da-da-DUH!
                                Snap fingers twice
                                "Da-da-da-DUH! Da-da-da-DUH! Da-da-da-DUH!"

Out came the priest from the sacristy.

I did what any normal kid would do. I crossed myself and quickly walked out of there. I was hugely embarrassed, but I never heard a thing about it. Two years later I joined the school choir. I loved the acoustics in that church!

So? What was that TV show? Hint: I don't know if I had done this on a Tuesday or not!
                                The Addams Fameelee!

Comment

Working...
                                X