Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Name that TV show!

Originally posted by Miulang

Y'all are going to kick yourselves when you find out who this guy is, because he was a man of incredible talent.
    Steve Allen?

Comment

YES!!! The name of the original show was "The Steve Allen Show". In subsequent incarnations, it was renamed "The Steve Allen Comedy Hour". He created and was the first host of "The Tonight Show". His wife, Audrey Meadows was the sister of Jayne Meadows, the main female character on "The Honeymooners".

Here is a link to his career as a lyricist and composer. Hard to believe that just one man could have done all this. They sure don't make any more like him these days.

Miulang

P.S. Lurkah: next time I see you I give you some home made manapua as your prize!
      Last edited by Miulang; March 15, 2006, 05:15 PM.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by helen
        The commerical you cited in the hint would be a Timex commerical.
        Yes, and who was the actor with the classy name in that commercial?
        Was the actor John Cameron Swayze (SP?)
        Last edited by admin; March 16, 2006, 05:40 AM. Reason: Fix quotes.
        Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

YES!!! The name of the original show was "The Steve Allen Show". [...]
          OMG...I can't believe I didn't get this one. Steve Allen is, without a doubt and in my not so humble opinion, one of the most talented human beings to ever set foot on this earth. Loved, loved, loved his show!

Comment

Originally posted by Moto
            Was the actor John Cameron Swayze (SP?)
            Yes it was.
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

What private eye show started out on radio in the late 40s and moved onto TV in the 1950s? It was created by Blake Edwards and produced by Dick Powell (he also voiced the lead role), but when it moved to TV, another actor took over the main role because Powell felt he was too "old". This show also featured a "car telephone" which at the time was just a dream in most consumer's heads. The first "secretary/receptionist" (who was only a voice and headless body on the TV series) on this series lost her role when her identity was revealed by TV Guide. She later went on to become a very famous TV personality in her own right.

Miulang

Comment

The show sounds like Dick Tracy or was it a watch that was a phone? I know that Agent 86, Maxwell Smart had a shoe phone... Now what was the question??

Comment

Ok now I remember the question, was Peter Gunn, but I don't know the secretary name. Cool theme song, though. Still hear it at some football games.

Comment

What private eye show started out on radio in the late 40s and moved onto TV in the 1950s? It was created by Blake Edwards and produced by Dick Powell (he also voiced the lead role), but when it moved to TV, another actor took over the main role because Powell felt he was too "old". This show also featured a "car telephone" which at the time was just a dream in most consumer's heads. The first "secretary/receptionist" (who was only a voice and headless body on the TV series) on this series lost her role when her identity was revealed by TV Guide. She later went on to become a very famous TV personality in her own right.
                    Richard Diamond, Private Detective, and the headless body belonged to Mary Tyler Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                      Richard Diamond, Private Detective, and the headless body belonged to Mary Tyler Moore.
                      Correct...2 moa manapua for Lurkah

Miulang

Comment

Rats!!!! I guess I was wrong again... Oh well, not the first time, and probably will not be the last.

What TV comedy spoof featured a main Character by the name of "Carter Nash". This show came out in the late 60's and only ran for one season (I believe).

Comment

Correct...2 moa manapua for Lurkah
                          Since I'm already getting manapua for the Steve Allen answer, can I have laulaus or bags of poi instead for this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Moto
                            Rats!!!! I guess I was wrong again... Oh well, not the first time, and probably will not be the last.

What TV comedy spoof featured a main Character by the name of "Carter Nash". This show came out in the late 60's and only ran for one season (I believe).
                            Police chemist and Momma's Boy superhero Carter Nash was in "Capt. Nice". Only ran 15 episodes beginning in 1967. Created by Buck Henry, who also created "Get Smart".

Miulang

Comment

What TV series started the whole "rural living" genre of TV comedies? And what was the name of the character actor who played the patriarch?

Miulang

Comment

What TV series started the whole "rural living" genre of TV comedies? And what was the name of the character actor who played the patriarch?

Miulang
                                Beverly Hillbillies
                                Jed Clampett

Comment

Working...
                                X