X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Name Game - Chapter 4

Robert Michael Pyle

ROBERT MICHAEL PYLE was born on July 19, 1947 in Denver and raised in nearby Aurora, Colorado. His B.S. in Nature Perception and Protection (1969) and M.S. in Nature Interpretation (1973) from the University of Washington were followed in 1976 by a Ph.D. from Yale University's School of Forestry and Environmental Studies. In 1971, during a Fulbright Fellowship at the Monks Wood Experimental Station in England, Pyle founded the Xerces Society for invertebrate conservation, and later chaired its Monarch Project
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Robert William Kalanihiapo Wilcox (February 15, 1855-October 23, 1903), nicknamed the Iron Duke of Hawaiʻi, was a native Hawaiian revolutionary, soldier and delegate to the United States Congress for the Territory of Hawaiʻi. Considered a menace to the government of the Republic of Hawaiʻi, Wilcox is today recognized as a hero by some of the people of Hawaiʻi.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_William_Wilcox
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Robert Mitchem, actor

Comment

it sure seems like a lot of folks are "googling" - is that considered fair?
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808
            it sure seems like a lot of folks are "googling" - is that considered fair?
            Fran, In Post #1 of this thread. Admin. posted the following. "Please take some time to explain a little bit about the name you're posting, using links where possible."

Lynn

Comment

Robert Mitchum, actually.

Robert Rodriguez, movie director of "Spy Kids" (1-3) and "Sin City".
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                Fran, In Post #1 of this thread. Admin. posted the following. "Please take some time to explain a little bit about the name you're posting, using links where possible."

Lynn
                aha! thanks Lynn - I hadn't gone back that far, just kind of jumped in & followed everyone else's example. But I haven't googled...................at least not yet
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery
                  Robert Mitchum, actually.

Robert Rodriguez, movie director of "Spy Kids" (1-3) and "Sin City".
                  can we also add the "Once upon a time in Mexico" trilogy to his resume? They were such good movies!
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Paul Rodriquez - very funny comic and an actor.
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Alex Rodriguez - NY Yankees' very underpaid 3B.
                      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

"ALEX RIGERT" - character in "Taxi" played by Judd Hirsch; he represented a "father figure" to the other cabbies.

Comment

George Alexander Trebek (born as Giorgi Suka-Alex Trebek [1] on July 22, 1940) is a Canadian-American television personality, best known as the host of the game show Jeopardy! since 1984. He has hosted numerous game/quiz shows and has appeared in over 70 movies and television series, usually as himself. Though a native of Canada, he is now a naturalized United States citizen.
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Trebek

Comment

George Marshall - American general who was the inspiration for the "Marshall Plan" which was put into place to help rebuild Europe after WW II.
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

George Stephanopoulos, broadcaster and political advisor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Stephanopoulos

Comment

General George S. Patton - American General in World War I and II, 1885-1945
                                “I would rather have a good plan today than a perfect plan two weeks from now.”

Comment

Working...
                                X