This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Name Game - Chapter 4

Roger Bannister, British neurologist and first man to run a mile in under 4 minutes
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Roger Howarth - Daytime Soap Opera Actor, was on "One Life To Live" on ABC for a couple of years and now on CBS soap "As The World Turns" in the role of Paul Ryan.

Comment

Roger Tory Peterson (August 28, 1908 – July 28, 1996), a naturalist, ornithologist, artist, and educator, is held to be one of the founding inspirations for the 20th century environmental movement. He was born in Jamestown, New York. In 1934 he published his seminal Guide to the Birds, the first modern field guide. The Guide to the Birds went through 5 editions. He edited or wrote many of the volumes in the Peterson Field Guide series on topics ranging from rocks and minerals to beetles to reptiles. He is known for the clear illustrations of his field guides and the clear delineation of relevant field marks. He also developed the Peterson Identification System.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Tory_Peterson
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Oscar Peterson, jazz pianist

http://www.oscarpeterson.com/op/index.html

Comment

Oscar de la Renta, Latin American fashion designer.

flickr

Comment

Oscar Palmer Robertson (born November 24, 1938 in Charlotte, Tennessee) is a former NBA player and is considered by many to be one of the greatest basketball players in history. Coaching legend Red Auerbach described Robertson as the most versatile player he had ever seen play. Wilt Chamberlain is quoted to have said "If you don't know the answer to an NBA trivia question, just say 'Oscar Robertson' -- you'll probably be right." To this day, he remains a standard by which other basketball legends are judged.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Robertson

Comment

Betsy Palmer, broadway actress and one of the panel members on "What's My Line?"

(God, I'm old...)

Comment

Robert Palmer- Singer, Producer

Sang that song "Addicted to Love" back in the 80's. Mainly remember him for the video with the girls dancing around him in the business suits.

www.pseudonym.cc/rp/
                  "Dont put of 'til tomorrow what you can forget about completely!!!"

Comment

Robert Blake (born September 18, 1933) is an American actor most famous for starring in the U.S. television series Baretta, and for being found not guilty of the murder of his wife Bonnie Lee Bakley.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Blake_(actor)

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
                      Betsy Palmer, broadway actress and one of the panel members on "What's My Line?"

(God, I'm old...)

No, I'm the one that's OLD ....... I have regular check-ups scheduled with a "geriatric" RN over the next few months.

BETSY PALMER was a regular panelist on "I've Got A Secret," along with Bill Cullen, Henry Morgan, and Bess Myerson.

BLAKE EDWARDS - producer of "The Pink Panther"

Comment

Jonathan Edwards (October 5, 1703 — March 22, 1758) was a colonial American Congregational preacher and theologian. He is known as one of the greatest and most profound American evangelical theologians. His work is very broad in scope, but he is often associated with his defense of Calvinist theology and the Puritan heritage. Missing the Puritan Era by almost 150 years, he was a man born after his time.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Edwards

Comment

Anthony Edwards, actor. Played Dr. Mark Greene on "ER."

flickr

Comment

Marc Anthony (born Marco Antonio Muñiz on September 16, 1968) is a Puerto Rican-American singer-songwriter popular in Latin America for his salsa music and salsamonga ballads.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Anthony

Comment

Carmelo Anthony, Forward, Denver Nuggets.

flickr

Comment

Anthony Ashley Cooper, seventh Earl of Shaftesbury, philanthropist, was the eldest son of the sixth earl, and of Anne, fourth daughter of the third Duke of Marlborough. He was born on 28 April 1801 at 24 Grosvenor Square, London, his father being then a younger brother of the family, but when his father succeeded to the title and estates in 1811 his home was at St. Giles in Dorsetshire, the family seat. He was educated at Harrow, and at Christ Church, Oxford, and obtained a first class in classics in 1822. In 1832 he took his degree of M.A., and in 1841 he was made D.C.L.
                                http://www.victorianweb.org/history/shaftesb.html
                                “Truth is the most powerful thing in the world, since even fiction itself must be governed by it, and can only please by its resemblance”

Comment

Working...
                                X